[app]TouchScreenTune - testing with ATT Note

Search This thread

vitalij

Jun 14, 2010
Kaunas
UPDATED: added version 1.14 to this post (and pushed it to Play Store as well)
please let me know if it works good (doesn't reboot) when applying settings on stock rooted kernel.

Hi!

I'm trying to make my app TouchScreenTune to work on default kernel on ATT version of Galaxy Note. But since I don't have it myself (I have European Note), I obviously need some feedback from people with I717 :)

This is for GingerBread kernel (however in the case on N7000 it works on ICS as well)

Could you please check if ToouchScreenTune test version attached to this post works with your rooted kernel? Especially I'm interested if it works with stock kernel. Just try to adjust SPen position to some extreme offset - you will immediately see it when pressing screen with SPen.

Thanks.

P.S. Description of the app from the Market after the break

----------
Market link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vital.tst.n7000&hl=en

*Requires Root*
*Currently supports Samsung Galaxy Note (tested on N7000), Galaxy S2*

*THIS IS TRIAL VERSION!!! FULL VERSION REQUIRES REGISTRATION AND IS PAID*

NorthAmerican/AT&T Note users - see comment regarding kernel below!!!!

TouchScreenTune application allows you to fine-tune settings of phone's touchscreen and calibrate Pen cursor position for every screen orientation (portrait/landscape...). (S-pen calibration obviously works only for Note)

It allows to dramatically improve responsiveness and sensitivity of touchscreen.

If you are using screen protector on your phone, the application will allow to raise screen sensitivity, so there will be no responsiveness impact from using screen protector.

This application allows you to calibrate amount of touch movement, when actual reporting of scrolling starts. That allows more smooth feeling of the interaction with the touch screen.

Without this application you cannot precisely draw or click small items with Pen because it reports position incorrectly - few millimeters away from the actual touch point. But this application allows you to precisely calibrate position of Pen touch on the screen. (Galaxy Note only)

Some common problems:
When first starting there should be popup from SuperUser application with request to get Root access. Some people say that sometimes it doesn't appear. In that case try starting the SU program first, and then this application.

This application supports standard Samsung firmwares - with custom kernels it may not work (however I have successfully tested it with some custom kernels)

Custom kernels: app requires kernel with KALLSYMS, so ask developer of your kernel to include this in his config when building kernel: CONFIG_KALLSYMS=y, CONFIG_KALLSYMS_ALL=y

Known issues: if when first starting application it seems to be not responding, and dialog asking to force close app comes - choose wait. This should happen only on first run.

Attachments

• TouchScreenTuneN7000_1_12_att_test.apk
    674.8 KB · Views: 60
  • TouchScreenTuneN7000_1_13_att_test.apk
    665.5 KB · Views: 79
  • TouchScreenTuneN7000_1_14.apk
    665.5 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

bendotson

Jan 16, 2008
Hi- I read sonewhere TST does not work with the stock att kernel. You need to root and flash a kernel that supports it from the development section.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

kevinjgray88

Mar 10, 2012
Wisconsin
I have the paid version and run rooted with custom kernel and can't get it to work

Sent from my note running a jelly bean key lime pie hybrid OS

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010
It does not appear to change anything. I set the x and y offsets to 300 each and the target did not change position relative to the pen placement.

vitalij

Jun 14, 2010
Kaunas
Hi- I read sonewhere TST does not work with the stock att kernel. You need to root and flash a kernel that supports it from the development section.

That's why I'm posting this test version here - I want to make it work :)
I have compiled it to work with kernel sources that were published by Samsung.

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010
That is with stock kernel? Are you rooted? Have you seen any error message when you changed values and hit Apply?

My apologies...I should have been more specific about my set up.

I'm using a custom ROM based off the leaked ICS 4.0.3 firmware. I'm rooted with SuperSU, but the kernel is stock since we don't have source for the ICS kernel yet.

I do get an error message
ERROR: Can't read SPEN settings? No ROOT Permissions? Unsupported firmware?

Is this for GB or ICS?

vitalij

Jun 14, 2010
Kaunas
My apologies...I should have been more specific about my set up.

I'm using a custom ROM based off the leaked ICS 4.0.3 firmware. I'm rooted with SuperSU, but the kernel is stock since we don't have source for the ICS kernel yet.

I do get an error message

Is this for GB or ICS?

This is compiled for GB, however in the case of N7000 it works on leaked version of ICS as well. However judging from your error - either ICS leak lacks Kallsyms support or driver is much changed compared to GB version.

I have also uploaded one more test version - which possibly may work better.

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010
This is compiled for GB, however in the case of N7000 it works on leaked version of ICS as well. However judging from your error - either ICS leak lacks Kallsyms support or driver is much changed compared to GB version.

I have also uploaded one more test version - which possibly may work better.

Parsing error when trying to install the new version.

Stock GB kernel does not have KALLSYMS. It was added for some custom kernels, though.

My guess is that ICS does not have this either.

vitalij

Jun 14, 2010
Kaunas
Parsing error when trying to install the new version.

Stock GB kernel does not have KALLSYMS. It was added for some custom kernels, though.

My guess is that ICS does not have this either.

Uploaded new version again - now it seems to be OK.

Regarding Kallsyms - stock actually should have it - at least according to kernel sources published by Samsung, and also some people reports. So it would be really nice if somebody with stock kernel could test it.

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010
Uploaded new version again - now it seems to be OK.

Regarding Kallsyms - stock actually should have it - at least according to kernel sources published by Samsung, and also some people reports. So it would be really nice if somebody with stock kernel could test it.

Same error with 1.13 on ICS

ERROR: Can't read SPEN settings? No ROOT Permissions? Unsupported firmware?

schrochem

Jul 21, 2011
I bought the app from you off the market.
It did work on the holo kernel.
However, on Seraphim ICS build it doesn't.
I actually uninstalled the program.
The spen is off by 1 square in s-memo. Not too bad.
ICS is much better about the sensitivity and tracking
I had them set to 0 and 25 as recommended but like I said that was too much so I just uninstalled.

terra-starr

Aug 6, 2010
Bainbridge Island, WA
Good to see you hear, i loved using this on GB.

Running ICS from the collective, it loads up but won't apply any requested changes.

May have to wait till the kernel is released and KALLSYMS is added in.

greenwolf86

Apr 27, 2012
Hi vitalij,
I am running a rooted but otherwise totally stock at&t galaxy note. I tested the application but couldn't notice a difference with the spen settings, even moving them to the extremes.
I tested the application in the marketplace as well. It would open and let me adjust the settings (again, didn't notice a difference) but when I applied the changes my device would reset. I upgraded to the full version and the same thing happened. When I redownloaded the test version the reboot fixed itself, but the settings still don't make a difference on the pen.
Hope this helps!

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T
I tested your second version and is working...what i did Ok from what I'm seeing I uninstalled super su and installed superuser in market,,the newest update allowed a superuser prompt..which I allowed.(.I hit back and the setting don't stick,if I hit home they do when I ..and go back in the values stick))..and is super responsive holy sh!t...I can't even type its so fast..lmao..gotta work with these settings.,am running gb unofficial rom on da_gv2 overclock kernel,...dev you have something good going here ...good luck with progress this app will be incredible

Last edited:
Reactions: greenwolf86

greenwolf86

Apr 27, 2012
Thanks Wish! Backing out with the home button instead of the back button fixed the app for me. Awesome app vitalij!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED: added version 1.14 to this post (and pushed it to Play Store as well)
    please let me know if it works good (doesn't reboot) when applying settings on stock rooted kernel.

Hi!

I'm trying to make my app TouchScreenTune to work on default kernel on ATT version of Galaxy Note. But since I don't have it myself (I have European Note), I obviously need some feedback from people with I717 :)

This is for GingerBread kernel (however in the case on N7000 it works on ICS as well)

Could you please check if ToouchScreenTune test version attached to this post works with your rooted kernel? Especially I'm interested if it works with stock kernel. Just try to adjust SPen position to some extreme offset - you will immediately see it when pressing screen with SPen.

Thanks.

P.S. Description of the app from the Market after the break

----------
    Market link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vital.tst.n7000&hl=en

*Requires Root*
    *Currently supports Samsung Galaxy Note (tested on N7000), Galaxy S2*

*THIS IS TRIAL VERSION!!! FULL VERSION REQUIRES REGISTRATION AND IS PAID*

NorthAmerican/AT&T Note users - see comment regarding kernel below!!!!

TouchScreenTune application allows you to fine-tune settings of phone's touchscreen and calibrate Pen cursor position for every screen orientation (portrait/landscape...). (S-pen calibration obviously works only for Note)

It allows to dramatically improve responsiveness and sensitivity of touchscreen.

If you are using screen protector on your phone, the application will allow to raise screen sensitivity, so there will be no responsiveness impact from using screen protector.

This application allows you to calibrate amount of touch movement, when actual reporting of scrolling starts. That allows more smooth feeling of the interaction with the touch screen.

Without this application you cannot precisely draw or click small items with Pen because it reports position incorrectly - few millimeters away from the actual touch point. But this application allows you to precisely calibrate position of Pen touch on the screen. (Galaxy Note only)

Some common problems:
    When first starting there should be popup from SuperUser application with request to get Root access. Some people say that sometimes it doesn't appear. In that case try starting the SU program first, and then this application.

This application supports standard Samsung firmwares - with custom kernels it may not work (however I have successfully tested it with some custom kernels)

Custom kernels: app requires kernel with KALLSYMS, so ask developer of your kernel to include this in his config when building kernel: CONFIG_KALLSYMS=y, CONFIG_KALLSYMS_ALL=y

Known issues: if when first starting application it seems to be not responding, and dialog asking to force close app comes - choose wait. This should happen only on first run.
    I tested your second version and is working...what i did Ok from what I'm seeing I uninstalled super su and installed superuser in market,,the newest update allowed a superuser prompt..which I allowed.(.I hit back and the setting don't stick,if I hit home they do when I ..and go back in the values stick))..and is super responsive holy sh!t...I can't even type its so fast..lmao..gotta work with these settings.,am running gb unofficial rom on da_gv2 overclock kernel,...dev you have something good going here ...good luck with progress this app will be incredible