[ACS] [How to] Root, Unroot, Hotspot, Roms, Tips and more! (12 videos) 5/18/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

albie1937

Apr 16, 2009
Camera Fix

My Camera is broken after I have rooted my Galaxy Nexus. It will not take any pics. Is there a fix for that?

albie1937

Apr 16, 2009
Root doesn't affect anything. It just gives you admin rights, that's all. If you go stock, does your camera then work? You might just have a bad phone dude. Troubleshoot, and if that doesn't fix it, get it exchanged.

Camera was working fine till I rooted my phone. Running stock rom and nothing else. For some reason the facebook camera app works. What's up with that?

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
Camera was working fine till I rooted my phone. Running stock rom and nothing else. For some reason the facebook camera app works. What's up with that?

The Facebook camera is still your camera so it works. Try clearing data on the camera or rebooting your phone.

sent using Asgard technology via Tapatalk 2

_Epic

Apr 9, 2011
Lakeland, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
I followed EVERYTHING on these videos, and unlocked the bootloader and fastbooted recovery and flashed su, but when i try to do anything root related, it says i do not have root access. any ideas?

EDIT: Re-did everything using WWJOSHDEW's video and Galaxy Nexus Toolkit and it worked perfect! Awesome!! Thanks to both of you!

Last edited:
Reactions: wwjoshdew

ecbettis

Jun 19, 2010
no matter what I do I keep getting "waiting for device" any tips, tricks, ideas to get past this????

ecbettis

Jun 19, 2010
OMG! I finally got it! Every time my phone was plugged in and in fastboot mode the driver would switch to say Android 1.0 instead of Samsung ADB. I force installed the Samsung ADB driver when my phone was plugged in and in fastboot and it worked!!! If my phone wasn't in fastboot it would register plugged in as Samsung ADB. weird.

Last edited:

DRatJr

I can never get my device recognized by adb commands, yet everything is set up correctly. Everytime I plug in my nexus it tried to install drivers but fails, could this be related?

When I type adb devices it says Devices: but it is blank

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

Nevermind. When I opened devices, it magically fixed.

farmerwill

Feb 25, 2011
Help Please????

Can someone please help me I can't install the drivers at all i keep getting this to happen (see attached pic)

Attachments

• help.jpg
    help.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 358
Oct 20, 2010
I restored my unrooted but unlocked backup created following qbkings how to root vid but now when i try to boot into recovery it gives me the android with a red triangle with a ! I've tried a cpl times after doing a battery pull and the last time while looking at this screen I held volume buttons hit power and it gave me what looked like stock recovery options but i dont know what happened to team win recovery. Any suggestions? Should I try reflashing team win?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
I restored my unrooted but unlocked backup created following qbkings how to root vid but now when i try to boot into recovery it gives me the android with a red triangle with a ! I've tried a cpl times after doing a battery pull and the last time while looking at this screen I held volume buttons hit power and it gave me what looked like stock recovery options but i dont know what happened to team win recovery. Any suggestions? Should I try reflashing team win?

Yes either flash twrp IMG again or flash CWM touch recovery either one works great.

Sent using a cell phone....

Reactions: jdubbletrouble

jesusice

Dec 22, 2010

Read the 5th post down http://xdaforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1575138.html On the stock ROM there is a script that restores stock recovery upon reboot.

Reactions: jdubbletrouble
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts