[ROM] Stock OTA 2.04.605.2 710RD rooted ROM (No Radio)

Search This thread

cmay227

Jun 8, 2010
Re: [ROM] Stock OTA 2.04.605.2 710RD rooted ROM

Why not just relock and flash stock back?
This update does not prevent flashing recovery and rerooting.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
the radio *should* update (somone correct me if im wrong) fine in hboot as long as your locked....but you wont be able to revert to the previous radio

I'm with Justin. Past history has shown that you can upgrade but not downgrade with s-on. We had this problem with the Rezound.

Also past experience has shown that a phone this new, the update is the major part. The radios should not have even changed with the update. There were no connectivity issues to fix which would call for firmware update.

SUGGEST: Strip new kernel, replace with LK or Cubed. Flash modules and new software.

From what i'm hearing, not much of an update if you are on a rooted phone with tweaks enabled. Viper tweaks allows users to do everything that the update fixes, minus wifi which i cannot speak on as i rarely use wifi but have never had an issue with it.

lazarus2297

Sep 2, 2010
North Carolina
the radio *should* update (somone correct me if im wrong) fine in hboot as long as your locked....but you wont be able to revert to the previous radio

ok just to clear this up (for me at least..) you are saying that we can flash the radio but only if we are "locked" not unlocked? and would "relocked" work as well...

I am probably going to just go back to re-locked stock then update. etc.., but i like knowing my options :D

i think the radio (aka baseband?) did update but not sure what it changed..

also anyone with the update can you choose specific wifi bands and have it work properly? When i choose 2.4 only my wifi recycles off and on

Last edited:

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
ok just to clear this up (for me at least..) you are saying that we can flash the radio but only if we are "locked" not unlocked? and would "relocked" work as well...

I am probably going to just go back to re-locked stock then update. etc.., but i like knowing my options :D

i think the radio (aka baseband?) did update but not sure what it changed..

also anyone with the update can you choose specific wifi bands and have it work properly? When i choose 2.4 only my wifi recycles off and on

yeah relocked would be the same as locked for flashing purposes

huskers15

Feb 14, 2011

Install flash gui from play store

Husker_DNA

jc332986

Mar 1, 2010

Here's the new Stock OTA 2.04.605.2 710RD rooted ROM.

Flash from recovery to install.

Devs can use also, just credit.

If wifi don't work, or won't boot, flash boot.img.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658474610

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

So if I flash this with TWRP, I'll have the full OTA, radio and boot loader, as well as rooted?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
So this ROM just makes getting root easier?

all this rom is, is the base rom 2.04 + Superuser/busybox so it has root built in essentially

its so you dont have to flash the superuser.zip that gives you root it has it built in but you still need to unlock your bootloader and flash a custom recovery first or you cant do anything with this rom

Reactions: jc332986

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's the new Stock OTA 2.04.605.2 710RD rooted ROM.

This does not have new radio or firmware.

Flash from recovery to install.

Devs can use also, just credit.

If wifi don't work, or won't boot, flash boot.img.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658474610

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
    So fastbooting the radio.img wont work.

I'm with Justin. Past history has shown that you can upgrade but not downgrade with s-on. We had this problem with the Rezound.

Also past experience has shown that a phone this new, the update is the major part. The radios should not have even changed with the update. There were no connectivity issues to fix which would call for firmware update.

SUGGEST: Strip new kernel, replace with LK or Cubed. Flash modules and new software.

From what i'm hearing, not much of an update if you are on a rooted phone with tweaks enabled. Viper tweaks allows users to do everything that the update fixes, minus wifi which i cannot speak on as i rarely use wifi but have never had an issue with it.
    So if I flash this with TWRP, I'll have the full OTA, radio and boot loader, as well as rooted?

No, the only way to get the newer firmware is to take the OTA
    So this ROM just makes getting root easier?

all this rom is, is the base rom 2.04 + Superuser/busybox so it has root built in essentially

its so you dont have to flash the superuser.zip that gives you root it has it built in but you still need to unlock your bootloader and flash a custom recovery first or you cant do anything with this rom