[Q] Pedometer widget?

Search This thread

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
Hi, is there any way to display current state of pedometer as a widget? Something like built in pedometer clock, but without the clock, and maybe with a personalized icon. Perhaps a Zooper widget?

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
Hi, is there any way to display current state of pedometer as a widget? Something like built in pedometer clock, but without the clock, and maybe with a personalized icon. Perhaps a Zooper widget?

All data for the pedometer is placed in /data/data/com.sec.android.app.pedometer/databases/pedometer.db so making a simple widget thats updated when you turn the screen on would be a piece of cake...

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
All data for the pedometer is placed in /data/data/com.sec.android.app.pedometer/databases/pedometer.db so making a simple widget thats updated when you turn the screen on would be a piece of cake...

Pretty please with a cherry on top ^^
Would it be possible to add start/pause button as well without entering the app itself?

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
Pretty please with a cherry on top ^^
Would it be possible to add start/pause button as well without entering the app itself?

I´m planning to start the work of a test-version of a Pedometer widget today. I´ll post here when I got something worth testing.

Sadly I haven´t found anything usefull yet regarding the start and stopp. I concentrate to get the visual first and will digg deeper later on.

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
I´m planning to start the work of a test-version of a Pedometer widget today. I´ll post here when I got something worth testing.

Sadly I haven´t found anything usefull yet regarding the start and stopp. I concentrate to get the visual first and will digg deeper later on.
Any progress st-tps? :)

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
Any progress st-tps? :)

I'we done some testing with different results. Seems like the pedometer gets disturbed sometimes and stops counting until I enters the pedometer app again. But have only tested a little inside, no long walks outside so it may just be a lag in the update.

I can release an alpha just for testing purposes. I'll try to get it out tonight.

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se

Hathalud

Mar 16, 2013
Austin
Here is a first output as a test:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9508466/WalkWidget_v0.1a.apk

Update of the count is done upon Screen on or tapping the widget.
The total is a addition of Run steps, Walk steps and something called Up & Down steps, doesn´t really know what the last is but it´s a counter anyways.

Try it and see how it behaves.

That sounds pretty awesome and I'd like to thank you for working on this.

To me the pedometer app seems really limited. I can't see what I did the day before, or how well I'm doing over all on a weekly or monthly average since it doesn't seem to return any data beyond just one day. Is that kind of a thing something you'd be willing to address maybe as part of a non-widget screen in your widget? (like tap the widget to go in to see more verbose stats)