Best Drivers for Razr

Search This thread

theemaster

Sep 12, 2013
The windows drivers I use.. (I think I got e'm from Motorola's site) constantly prompt me for permissions to access the phone when I plug it in to windows...

They bring up some stupid IE URL for Verizon "backup assistant plus" and video..

So what drivers can you use with the XT907 etc. that justs allows you to transfer files etc. with no headache? :( (ohh yah and these drivers bring up stupid extra prompts for file transfers)

So were clear to what I have... it shows Motorola Mobility LLC v6.3.0 in "programs" the Device Manager shows 2.4.5

FirePsych

Apr 28, 2012
Roswell, GA
You should be able to see your phone in My Computer. Just treat it like a usb or external drive.
The drivers work in the background. They're not an actual application.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

xKroniK13x

May 15, 2014
Atlanta, GA
www.coreymccown.com
The windows drivers I use.. (I think I got e'm from Motorola's site) constantly prompt me for permissions to access the phone when I plug it in to windows...

They bring up some stupid IE URL for Verizon "backup assistant plus" and video..

So what drivers can you use with the XT907 etc. that justs allows you to transfer files etc. with no headache? :( (ohh yah and these drivers bring up stupid extra prompts for file transfers)

So were clear to what I have... it shows Motorola Mobility LLC v6.3.0 in "programs" the Device Manager shows 2.4.5

It's because you have the software set to automatically attempt a backup of your data when connected to a computer. All you need to do is find the program in your task bar and disable the auto backup setting.

Reactions: theemaster

theemaster

Sep 12, 2013
It's because you have the software set to automatically attempt a backup of your data when connected to a computer. All you need to do is find the program in your task bar and disable the auto backup setting.

Yep, that helped a lot :) hard to believe it was that easy or stupid.. but I still don't like the prompts the Motorola still brings up.. but yah the good news is I don't have a webpage opening every time I plug in my phone :p

I'm able to uninstall the annoying Moto program but keep the drivers with Win 8.

Attachments

• prog-remove.png
    prog-remove.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 51
  • device-manager.png
    device-manager.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Prog-gone.png
    Prog-gone.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: theemaster

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm able to uninstall the annoying Moto program but keep the drivers with Win 8.