New phone

Search This thread

BarackMitzvah

Nov 20, 2010
The Moon
I'm sure a good sum of you on this forum have been thinking about an upgrade for your Inc (I know I have). I always seem to find one flaw in the new phones that cause me to want to keep the phone I have now. I'm thinking about getting a Droid Inc 4G when they release it. What do you think is the best phone to choose? Is that a good choice? Is there something better I should be waiting for?

Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

ohredwood

Jan 2, 2011
Dallas
Bud, I'm sure you're gonna hear 50 opnions of yes or no, it really depends on what's important to you in a phone and what you do with it. I'm not a Developer, or chip, IT knowitall, so I can't give clockspeeds and processor criteria to you, no doubt some others can but for me and what I have educated myself with, the new INC 4G will be just the ticket for me.

Getting this s4 I think Krait processor, which is a big upgrade over what most phones out currently have, though some out might be bigger or faster but not many. Removable battery, sd card, 4G, ICS, and a nice size 4".

If you looking for a bigger phone, some other options out there might be more worthwhile for you. I think the new screen is QHD which is not quite 720P if I understand it correctly but a deffinite improvement over my amoled INC

BarackMitzvah

Nov 20, 2010
The Moon
That's what I was thinking too. As long as the screen looks good to me, I'm okay with it. I wont be super picky about the exact resolution and I'm assuming lower resolutions mean less battery draw. Could someone shed some light on that? Thanks in advance! Also, will we be able to S-off the new Inc?

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

iowabeakster

Apr 11, 2011
I don't know enough about he technical specs of CPUs... GPUs... etc etc to answer any questions about that stuff.

But, I started a similar thread over in the Incredible General section about the Incredible 4g. I am thinking that the DInc4g seems like a great choice for me too.

The thing that concerns me most, is developer support. It's not going a "flagship" phone. It doesn't have a huge HD screen. Therefore, people are not going to be lining up in the streets for it. As far as I am concerned, that is just fine with me. But, I am always out on fringe...

I just wonder how much developers will be working with it. That is very important... at least to me.

itsmefu

Aug 25, 2010
Ohio
I don't know enough about he technical specs of CPUs... GPUs... etc etc to answer any questions about that stuff.

But, I started a similar thread over in the Incredible General section about the Incredible 4g. I am thinking that the DInc4g seems like a great choice for me too.

The thing that concerns me most, is developer support. It's not going a "flagship" phone. It doesn't have a huge HD screen. Therefore, people are not going to be lining up in the streets for it. As far as I am concerned, that is just fine with me. But, I am always out on fringe...

I just wonder how much developers will be working with it. That is very important... at least to me.

I'm thinking about getting it also because I have a upgrade available. I'm going to wait at least a couple weeks after it's released and see what kind of dev support it gets before I make a decision.

ohredwood

Jan 2, 2011
Dallas
I'm gonna be suprised if it doesn't. A lot of those guys usually have at least 2 phones in their signature, so they might have the nexus or the rezound but I maybe they have gf's or wives that need a new phone and they use that as an excuse to get new hardware and start developing for it :)

Lookingat the spec for this, will the CPU be underclocked from 1.7 to 1.2? Or have a rating of 1.2?

I think you meant "underclocked from 1.5." The "standard" S4 has a clock speed of 1.5GHz. So, yes, it does seem that it is underclocked. We obviously wont know for sure until it is released though.

I started a similar thread over in the Incredible General section about the Incredible 4g.
We've also been talking about it in a few other threads (like this one) for a few weeks now, but I just left some thoughts in yours...

All in all, the Incredible 4G will be a great phone. In fact, as long as you're cool with a 4" screen, it will be the best phone on Verizon (for a little while at least).

I'm still holding out hope that they call it the Incredible 3, not "4G"