[Q] 16 GB is enough?

Search This thread

McDerv

Dec 29, 2013
Giza
I was wondering if nexus 4's 16 GB of internal storage is good enough and the fact that i'm not able to expand it won't be a pain

BigCrisco39

May 2, 2011
Yes and no. I had a micro 32g in my RAZR and it was plenty.

Now I have a 16g Nexus and am half full. I don't have movies on my phone. All pictures are stored in the cloud and viewed with GalleryNext from CyanogenMod.

Music is not a problem.

All files are on my cloud Drive.

Sent from my neXus⁴

fujitsujeff

Jun 29, 2010
16gb is more than enough if you believe in the cloud. If you like to have everything (e.g. videos, phone, music, etc.) stored on your phone then you will need more than 16 GB. Jeff.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA

Pollie81

Mar 8, 2012
Google Pixel 6a
if you can adapt i would say yes.
ik was used to have a 16gb sd card as additional storage, phone itself had also 16 gb of storage. so now i have only a half of the storage i was used too. but i started to use cloud services to store pictures and video's. now i still have some personal pictures on my phone and some music.
right now i have about 6 or 7 gb of storage left.
so if you are going to use a cloud service i would definately say yes..

dgault73

Feb 14, 2013
Your only problem is if you install multiple large game files. For instance, I currently have gta Vice City, gta San Andreas, and dungeon hunter 4 installed and they combine over 5 GB.

My solutions. Once a week I transfer pics & video to the PC, I never install apps I don't need, I stream music from google when I'm on wi-fi, and I usually keep a movie and a few full albums in storage.

You'll have to shift things around but it's very doable. Good luck. :cool:

Mashed_Potatoes

Oct 26, 2012
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Used to have 16gig internal + 32gig external on my Note II, and i never filled up that space.

I have the 16gig model and i didn't fill it up either. 3 gigs of music, 3 gigs of apps, 1 gig of pics. NOT using Cloud because i have no data plan (lol, 2014)

republicano

Mar 11, 2010
12.92gb is what you really have, you can fill 12.92gb of your things but then you need the space for pictures and cwm backup, I always try to keep 1.5gb free for videos and pictures on the fly and then 900mb is for my cwm backup. 600mb for android/data and 400mb for images thumbnails which leaves me 9.5gb for my things.

Most of you have a cloud, I have a home server for music,images,videos etc, so I don't have any bandwidth for services once I leave my wifi and I need the battery to make it throughout the day.

Its enough if you manage your files keep what you need on there, 100hours of music is enough

Last edited:

calyxim

May 31, 2011
London
If you are going to use more than 16gb it is not enough.
If you are going to use less than 16gb it is enough.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app