[Q] [would this work?

Search This thread

benbenjiben

Sep 6, 2008
Is it possible to use a T-Mobile .ftf file for Z1S (14.2.C.0.159) and place the file in the same location that gets used for say a boot up or factory reset from a Z1 C6906 (14.3.A.0.75.7)?
The idea would be to put file in this location and possibly rename the folder if needed, then initiate a restart or factory reset to run new firmware? would that even work?
Want the Wi-Fi calling app to work on my T-Mobile phone, that is not a branded T-Mobile phone[/B]

benbenjiben

Sep 6, 2008
No it won't work. And will probably bootloop your phone if it did work

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ok thanks, is there a way to get the T-Mobile firmware for the C6916 14.2.C.0.159 on to my C6906 v 14.3.A.0.75.7 I installed Towel root and says phone now rooted, my goal is enabling Wi-Fi calling only offered with T-Mobile in US, I am wary of bricking my phone, tried installing the wifi calling .apk directly extracted from my older T-Mobile android phone but after trying to install eventually fails, Assuming possibly wrong version and not sure how or if could extract it from the C6916 .ftf file and if that is even possible, I am on T-Mobile services currently and already have Phone number linked to emergency services as required by T-Mobile for the Wi-Fi calling feature to work. So wondering if this is possible.