LG G3 shutdown due to high temprature

Search This thread

salahhuss

Aug 3, 2014
PHP:
today I experienced a new issue and I want to share it to see if anyone have the same issue.

when I was using my device today a warning window came that says the device has detected a high temperature issue and will shutdown, and the device shutdowns.

I don't know if anyone had the same issue before so if anyone have please say.

droidhd

Jan 8, 2011
Ljubljana
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Thank you dear. You all are so smart, but none of you gave any other advice or tip what could be wrong. That's why you need attention like this, to tag others with that speech... Good enough *sarcasm*

Sent Via G3

hello00

Dec 29, 2009
South Miami, FL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
PHP:
today I experienced a new issue and I want to share it to see if anyone have the same issue.

when I was using my device today a warning window came that says the device has detected a high temperature issue and will shutdown, and the device shutdowns.

I don't know if anyone had the same issue before so if anyone have please say.

it is normal..i left my phone in my car and it shut down due to the heat of the sun..i live in florida so it gets really hot but it is not normal for the phone to shut down if it detects a high temperate when there is not

xsoft

Feb 7, 2008
www.pocitac.com
Overheating, random reboots or shutdowns?

Yeah :(.
I picked up 4rd LG G3 32GB phone yesterday. All older have overheating defect (and I guess this one will made no different). Its big beast with a lot of power and there seems to be some bugs to deal with. Im sad too, I want to keep this phone and not change to another one.

Just quick test from rest of you: run Antutu benchmark like 3 times (you can restart it after 30% after CPU tests). Sometimes Im unable to make one single run of benchmark and phone shutdown itselfs. Great.
(oh, EUR edition, metal black, 1st wave)

dannybee1

Took my g3 on holiday with me, phone was in my pocket not used for a while. Took phone out pocket to get some holiday snaps, after taking 3 pictures with the stock camera phone over heated and shutdown. Great photo opportunity missed. Took phone back off and battery out so could cool quicker,and left to one side for 45 mins to an hour. Was an overcast day and not very warm. Put phone back together turned on, and fired up the camera. 4 pics later, warning phone over heating, will power off. What good is the camera if u can't use it, missed some good pic opportunitys. Not happy.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
Overheating has been addressed in builds 10G and later - what firmware you running?

Also did you disable Thermal protection in the hidden menu (it is billed as a way to reduce lag by some numpties on xda) - doing this will cause your phone to get hotter quicker and stay hotter for longer thus increasing the chances that it will shutdown for overheating.

Reactions: dannybee1
Aug 10, 2014
Overheating has been addressed in builds 10G and later - what firmware you running?

Also did you disable Thermal protection in the hidden menu (it is billed as a way to reduce lag by some numpties on xda) - doing this will cause your phone to get hotter quicker and stay hotter for longer thus increasing the chances that it will shutdown for overheating.

I'm on 10j and still getting shutdowns.Not rooted and not disabled thermal protection.

dannybee1

I'm running 10g non rooted, did do the thermal trick at the time, so maybe it was that, have since disabled as noticed battery drain was a lot higher. Haven't tested camera yet though.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

salahhuss

Aug 3, 2014
Let me answer you through question... What does your pc do when it overheats?
Usually reboots or shutdown, right? It is same with phones.

Sent Via G3

I know that this can happen in laptops but In phones this is the first time to happen to me... especially the warning message

I just wanted to check if there is anyone else had the same message...

another thing is that there are times when my lg g3 is hotter that when the message came (especially when using the phone while charging) but the message didn't came... so I don't know how is this heat shutdown thing works.

salahhuss

Aug 3, 2014
I'm on 10j and still getting shutdowns.Not rooted and not disabled thermal protection.

i'm in 10G version and i'm rooted and having the thermal detection off.

ohh I remembered another thing... when the phone shutdowns I was not in the visible sun so it is not something related to sun exposure... it must be something with the software

droidhd

Jan 8, 2011
Ljubljana
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Salahhuss, can you tell us what you did with the phone that you got that message? If nothing, get yourself betterbatterystats (search on xda) and check what makes you wakelocks...

Sent Via G3

salahhuss

Aug 3, 2014
Salahhuss, can you tell us what you did with the phone that you got that message? If nothing, get yourself betterbatterystats (search on xda) and check what makes you wakelocks...

Sent Via G3

I'm using the phone right now as this issue happened only one for me so i'll wait and see it happen again then i'll contact the supplier to check it.

In the meanwhile i'll try the program you mensioned and see the results.

Thanks for ur help ?

bhojo1

Apr 23, 2009
Seems to me that the heat sensor on the batteries often malfunctions and you get this issue. If you wrap some tape around it to keep the top plastic pushed down against the battery pack the issue might go away.

fofopuka

May 6, 2012
Seems to me that the heat sensor on the batteries often malfunctions and you get this issue. If you wrap some tape around it to keep the top plastic pushed down against the battery pack the issue might go away.

I think I am having this issue on a G3s, the phone used to work normally but lately I can't even run it long enough to get my photos off of it because within 1 or 2 minutes after turning it on it gives the temp warning and shuts down, the phone doesn't feel warm and I wasn't using any apps. I don't understand where to wrap the tape, where is the heat sensor located? I'm trying to push the battery against which side exactly?

Update:
Just having the info that it could be the heat sensor of the battery was helpful, I tried swapping the battery from another phone and the problem seems to have gone away at least for now. I was able to connect to a computer and copy over my files. Will be keeping my fingers crossed....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.