Z1 vs Z1s ROM support

Search This thread

Kenchinito

Jul 5, 2011
Hey whats up guys,

Im looking at getting a z1 and found a good deal on a Z1s. However, being exclusive to T-mobile, it won't be as common as the Z1. So I'm afraid that ROM variety won't be as great as the normal Z1 or anyone knows if the Z1 ROMs are compatible with the Z1s?

What do you guys think?

jancarlos1597

Oct 17, 2011
Nope, they're not, simply, different models.

Try to get the z1 and not the z1s,the updates on the z1 are more faster than the z1s,that phone have some disvantage.

Good luck.

Sent from my Kitkat'fied c6906.

Hit thanks of I helped you :good:

Reactions: Kenchinito

jancarlos1597

Oct 17, 2011
No problem, I'm here to help, any question you can ask me via email or private message.

Have a good night, sir.

handisnacks

Jan 2, 2011
If I remember correctly you would not get LTE service on Tmobile with the Z1.
There are several variants, and there is an international Z1 variant that was LTE that works with T-Mobile, I think it's the C6903.

The main issue with buying an international version I think is the lack of warranty in the U.S. since it's not sold directly by Sony in the states. The only way to get a warranty on the "Z1" is to buy the Z1S from T-Mobile :( The regular unlocked Xperia Z is sold in the U.S. by Sony however and has a warranty if you want to go that route... but you'd get the Qualcomm S4 instead of the 800.

EDIT - Here is the international version that works with T-Mo in the U.S., but as I said, no warranty.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Factory-Unlocked-International-Warranty/dp/B00ET7MWWO

Last edited:

andino

May 13, 2010
Socal
There are several variants, and there is an international Z1 variant that was LTE that works with T-Mobile, I think it's the C6903.

The main issue with buying an international version I think is the lack of warranty in the U.S. since it's not sold directly by Sony in the states. The only way to get a warranty on the "Z1" is to buy the Z1S from T-Mobile :( The regular unlocked Xperia Z is sold in the U.S. by Sony however and has a warranty if you want to go that route... but you'd get the Qualcomm S4 instead of the 800.

EDIT - Here is the international version that works with T-Mo in the U.S., but as I said, no warranty.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Factory-Unlocked-International-Warranty/dp/B00ET7MWWO

I don't think so. The Z1 is sold on sony's online store. I think you can get the 6902 and 6906 from Sony.com. The 6903/6906 will get LTE on tmo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope, they're not, simply, different models.

Try to get the z1 and not the z1s,the updates on the z1 are more faster than the z1s,that phone have some disvantage.

Good luck.