[Q] Is my sim reader shorting?

Search This thread

_tru_

May 26, 2012
California
Slight Water dmg a few months ago, but recently cam & haptic feedback went out. Sent it to Squaretrade & they "fixed" it then sent it back. Now I keep getting "enter password to activate new sim" happens randomly but often right after reboots

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
Slight Water dmg a few months ago, but recently cam & haptic feedback went out. Sent it to Squaretrade & they "fixed" it then sent it back. Now I keep getting "enter password to activate new sim" happens randomly but often right after reboots

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

Silly question but I have to ask. Are you certain it is installed properly? When I first bought my phone the salesman put the sim in but didn't put it in all the way. Only thee plastic trap door was holding it in.

_tru_

May 26, 2012
California
Silly question but I have to ask. Are you certain it is installed properly? When I first bought my phone the salesman put the sim in but didn't put it in all the way. Only thee plastic trap door was holding it in.

Yep. Your post made me check it again just to be sure. All is secure. Annoyed though, last time they "fixed" it it took 6 business days to get it back. Front want that to happen again might have to sell it if it keeps up. I've heard of the sim reader failing, but under different circumstances

mkfryan

Aug 9, 2012
Fargo ND
Try to take the back cover off there is vids on YouTube make sure the ribbon for the sim is properly set to the board.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app