Root Tether

Search This thread

mdphoenix

Dec 15, 2006
Bel Air, MD
I realize there are multiple threads on this. But unless I'm blind - which I may be - I can't find a final solution.

I can not tether on my rooted DNA. WiFi Tether does not work. I have tried multiple versions. I don't know if it makes a difference, but the MSSClamping option is not available. Even still, it won't start.

I've tried 1-Click - that says it requires a subscription.

I've tried FoxFi. That sets up some VPN tunnel then doesn't start.

Any leads for a successful solution?

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
I have several rooted Roms posted with native tethering enabled, since most 3rd party apps no longer work on kit Kat.
So, the best solution, which works, is to run a Rom with native tethering enabled for all users or modify the Rom you're running to do the same.

Reactions: mdphoenix

mdphoenix

Dec 15, 2006
Bel Air, MD
I have several rooted Roms posted with native tethering enabled, since most 3rd party apps no longer work on kit Kat.
So, the best solution, which works, is to run a Rom with native tethering enabled for all users or modify the Rom you're running to do the same.

Thank you. Unfortunately I'm in an area cursed with the Verizon Trolling of custom ROMs. Anything other than Stock Root results in SMS sending issues.

I'm not a programmer by any stretch, but have been modifying phones for a while based on all of you wizards' work. Is modifying the current ROM a "simple" task?

mdphoenix

Dec 15, 2006
Bel Air, MD
A little research has shown there is an "entitlement hack" for other phones. Does that hack exist for the DNA?

Still searching...

Thank you. Unfortunately I'm in an area cursed with the Verizon Trolling of custom ROMs. Anything other than Stock Root results in SMS sending issues.

I'm not a programmer by any stretch, but have been modifying phones for a while based on all of you wizards' work. Is modifying the current ROM a "simple" task?

takota6

Oct 10, 2010
Google Pixel 4a 5G

Just a stab in the dark fur you but.. I would think that sms/mms problems would be from your setup(apn, system selection etc.) and if big brother is tagging you I suggest a firewall.. That said were all pretty much on or used Verizon /Santods rom my tether works great..
Im going to start a thread about every ones ideas..

Æaaa..\../

Reactions: mdphoenix

mdphoenix

Dec 15, 2006
Bel Air, MD
Just a stab in the dark fur you but.. I would think that sms/mms problems would be from your setup(apn, system selection etc.) and if big brother is tagging you I suggest a firewall.. That said were all pretty much on or used Verizon /Santods rom my tether works great..

Æaaa..\../

Thanks a bunch. You may find a thread of mine buried deep on here somewhere about this problem back in Feb/March. I had just gotten my DNA and ended up with the issue of not being able to send. It became a general consensus that VZW was testing some sort of blacklisting of custom ROMs in certain areas. I've not heard of a solution yet. I've tried multiple ROMs, all with the same outcome.

I look forward to your thread and whatever brainstorming comes from it.

Thanks!

bakefy

Dec 18, 2010

Are you saying that "Tether hacked for all users" on the NuSenseSIX ROM will allow me to use what appears to be native tethering... and I won't be charged an additional fee from my wireless carrier?

Thanks for all of your hard work.

mdphoenix

Dec 15, 2006
Bel Air, MD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Æaaa..\../
    Are you saying that "Tether hacked for all users" on the NuSenseSIX ROM will allow me to use what appears to be native tethering... and I won't be charged an additional fee from my wireless carrier?

Thanks for all of your hard work.

That's correct.