Have a Samsung phone? No ICS update? Sign this groubal ASAP..

Search This thread

evolsam

Apr 7, 2012
Milan
while I agree it could be nice to have an update, you should keep in mind that ICS or not it doesn't change much... I mean, the SGS II got the update and with the touchwiz and all you can barely see the difference. Plus your phone won't get any faster so... Better hope for a custom ICS ROM for your phone than from Samsung ;)

Neruul

Apr 7, 2012
Signed.. Rediculous.. ICS was released in December, it's April, and still there is no Update.. And even if there would be one.. with the damn ugly TouchWizz

ray3andrei

Feb 28, 2012
On Samsung you will always get touchwiz..its not a nexus its not android sorry.. but I signed it for you

Sent from my Samsung GNexus <3

Apr 12, 2012
I did not want to mention a rival company, but Sony updated its entire Xperia line of 2011 to ICS, which means your competitors have realised that their customers don’t deserve to be frozen out.
Actually, they just pushed back the release date for ICS recently. We were supposed to get it in mid-march, but the WT19i will get it around end of may/early june. I bought my SE WT19i because they promised the upgrade for ICS, but two weeks ago they mentioned that if they couldn't make their rom perfect, they would even skip the 2011 line, and give ICS only for the 2012 line.

charmthief88

Jan 20, 2012
while I agree it could be nice to have an update, you should keep in mind that ICS or not it doesn't change much... I mean, the SGS II got the update and with the touchwiz and all you can barely see the difference. Plus your phone won't get any faster so... Better hope for a custom ICS ROM for your phone than from Samsung ;)

Also checked out the Jw4 value pack... meh. I liked the snap stills while recording feature, and the face lock with blink did sound great but execution was lack luster. My wife's GS2 phone seems to laggier on tw ICS than it was on tw GB.

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

Actually, they just pushed back the release date for ICS recently. We were supposed to get it in mid-march, but the WT19i will get it around end of may/early june. I bought my SE WT19i because they promised the upgrade for ICS, but two weeks ago they mentioned that if they couldn't make their rom perfect, they would even skip the 2011 line, and give ICS only for the 2012 line.

One one hand that sucks, but given what I saw on Sammy's Touchwiz version of ICS it could be for the best. Sorry have not played with the Xperia line, don't know how Sony UI is. They seemed a little more concerned with refinement. But all OEMs are dragging their feet on this.

-RDR-

Dec 16, 2011
somewhere in XDA

U r not getting the point ...when Samsung releases a rom or the libs , XDA devs can work full-on on custom roms like cm9,aokp etc ...no one cares for Samsung's roms :p we want the libs and some base ics rom to start off with...
Our cm9 port is yet to get a working camera and everyone is going crazy asking for ETAs :p

you know you are rooted when you use XDA more than FB :cool:

samcortez

Dec 11, 2011
Curitiba
I have the Galaxy tab (first generation).

What Samsung said about Honeycomb: The size of the screen, 7''. (!?!?!?!?!?!?!?)
What Samsung said about ICS: Hardware. (!?!?!??!)

What I say for samsung: No more. Asus and Sony, wait for me.

PS: Samsung will do nothing, the only thing that wants is MONEY, MONEY AND A LOT OF MONEY.

Last edited:

charmthief88

Jan 20, 2012
U r not getting the point ...when Samsung releases a rom or the libs , XDA devs can work full-on on custom roms like cm9,aokp etc ...no one cares for Samsung's roms :p we want the libs and some base ics rom to start off with...
Our cm9 port is yet to get a working camera and everyone is going crazy asking for ETAs :p

You obviously have much better understanding then some of those who are new XDA, most likely because you own a device directly affected. Of course I and evolsam don't know all the nuances like you do. I myself only just noticed the SGS2 ICS ROMs are not as refined yet as the GSS ICS ROMs. The Galaxy S has had to port over most of the ROMs. Which has gone over quite well so why would it not seem like an answer for other Galaxy devices like the Ace and W. Barring an explainantion, the need for code source release in these cases is not something that is readily apparent.

Anyways I now know, and of course I'll sign, anything to aid the devs. That's all you needed to say or anyone needed to say. Maybe more like evolsam will then too.

Last edited: