Seidio Case

Search This thread

thunderbolt33

Feb 17, 2012
Silver Spring
This is the Surface Case from Seidio, I just opened their website today and saw this!
http://www.seidioonline.com/htc-droid-dna-surface-case-black-p/csr3htdda-bk.htm
I'm really happy to see Seidio finally releasing some of their products for us, I'm deciding between picking up this black version of it or just waiting for the red one, or just waiting entirely on the Active case with built in kick-stand. Feel free to give your experience with seidio cases or anything seidio related :)

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
This is a lovely case I might order one as well I might wait to see if it drops in price 30 bucks isn't bad but I'm a cheap dude. Ill go on eBay see if its cheaper lol...good find tho :thumbup:

sent from my beastly powered DNA using Tapatalk 2

Kasab

Feb 26, 2012
I'm going to definitely wait for their kickstand case. It's a no brainer for $5 more IMO. Thanks for the info though. Definitely glad as well that seidio decided to build cases for our device.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

Gungrave223

Jun 12, 2011
Loganville
well if someone does get this case let me know well it does with screen protectors cause the case i have now does not like my screen protector at all

n8mack33

Oct 7, 2007
The Active case is thicker. I've been waiting for the Surface case and holster combo. Thanks for the head's up.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

jamesbra

Oct 2, 2010
It would be great of they made an obexcase for our device. Then the water proofnesswould no longer be a question

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

tuxly

Dec 16, 2012
Just purchased the surface combo. Been waiting for this! I need a holster at work and nothing else has been very good imo for the DNA so far, at least that I have tried. Hoping it is as nice as my prior surface/innocase case combos were and that case is not too bulky.

thunderbolt33

Feb 17, 2012
Silver Spring
Just purchased the surface combo. Been waiting for this! I need a holster at work and nothing else has been very good imo for the DNA so far, at least that I have tried. Hoping it is as nice as my prior surface/innocase case combos were and that case is not too bulky.

Let me know how the surface case works for you when you get it! Would like to see how it plays with edge to edge screen protectors! If possible could you also do a mini review of the case?

x4sper

Jun 15, 2010
Looks nice but the surface scratched the he'll out my my evo 4G and the soft touch texture started coming off... I'll wait for the reviews

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA.

tuxly

Dec 16, 2012
Here my review on Seido Surface Combo. I really think Seido has done a great job at find the right balance with this case. It adds some protection for screen and camera by keeping them from connecting directly to flat surface. All of the edges are also covered. The thickness of case I think is just right. I was worried about added bulk as I have not liked any other case I have tried so far except the verizon shell which really adds nothing. Seido kept the back with same curve as phone. I am starting to actually like feel of device in case better than naked phone as phone does not feel quite as fragile or potentially as easy to drop. It is a bit easier to type in landscape mode as you have more to hold onto. Volume rocker and power button are easy to locate by feel now, and I have yet to accidently hit the volume rocker with the clever way this was designed. Closing usb port is not quite as easy with phone in case, but not overly hard either. The notification light on back has its own cutout also. Seido also did a great job at solvong the issue where speaker volume gets muted on some surfaces. I put the phone with this case on all the places where I cannot hear naked phone ring and the ringtone came out loud and clear. Have not yet tried case with a screen protector, but will try to get one so I can let people know how it works with them. Holster is great. Yes, it is a bit big to carry at waistband, but that is just because phone is the size it is. This holster manages to allow easy access while keeping phone secure (wore all day yesterday and no issues). The release hinge is a bit bigger than on prior Seido holsters, but it seems like it needs to be that way to add necessary stability. Has same swivel mechanism as other holsters also. Easy to put on and take off once you know how Seido cases are. Noticed no damage on phone from case, though could tell where soft lining touched phone (made a line that like fingerprints can be wiped away). Easy reach all eadges of screen; case does not hinder anything (with otterbox defender had trouble touching outer edges of screen). All in all, love this case and holster combo and it is definitely what will stay on my DNA from now on! If you have specific questions, let me know. Will try to get some pictures if I can find my actual camera.

Last edited:

thunderbolt33

Feb 17, 2012
Silver Spring
Here my review on Seido Surface Combo. I really think Seido has done a great job at find the right balance with this case. It adds some protection for screen and camera by keeping them from connecting directly to flat surface. All of the edges are also covered. The thickness of case I think is just right. I was worried about added bulk as I have not liked any other case I have tried so far except the verizon shell which really adds nothing. Seido kept the back with same curve as phone. I am starting to actually like feel of device in case better than naked phone as phone does not feel quite as fragile or potentially as easy to drop. It is a bit easier to type in landscape mode as you have more to hold onto. Volume rocker and power button are easy to locate by feel now, and I have yet to accidently hit the volume rocker with the clever way this was designed. Closing usb port is not quite as easy with phone in case, but not overly hard either. The notification light on back has its own cutout also. Seido also did a great job at solvong the issue where speaker volume gets muted on some surfaces. I put the phone with this case on all the places where I cannot hear naked phone ring and the ringtone came out loud and clear. Have not yet tried case with a screen protector, but will try to get one so I can let people know how it works with them. Holster is great. Yes, it is a bit big to carry at waistband, but that is just because phone is the size it is. This holster manages to allow easy access while keeping phone secure (wore all day yesterday and no issues). The release hinge is a bit bigger than on prior Seido holsters, but it seems like it needs to be that way to add necessary stability. Has same swivel mechanism as other holsters also. Easy to put on and take off once you know how Seido cases are. Noticed no damage on phone from case, though could tell where soft lining touched phone (made a line that like fingerprints can be wiped away). Easy reach all eadges of screen; case does not hinder anything (with otterbox defender had trouble touching outer edges of screen). All in all, love this case and holster combo and it is definitely what will stay on my DNA from now on! If you have specific questions, let me know. Will try to get some pictures if I can find my actual camera.
Wow thank you so much for this review, i can now safely go ahead and order this case from them now, unless i can find it on Amazon now. Either way you've closed any doubts about this case other then the who screen protector deal, let us know when you get your hands on one and how it plays with the case, thanks for this review once again i know many others will enjoy this as well!

tuxly

Dec 16, 2012
Pictures of Seido Surface case and Holster are attached. They include front view, back view, side view, top view, bottom view, 3 views in holster and 2 views with only half of case on to give better idea of size of case.

I tried one of the verizon screen protectors. They do not go edge to edge so work fine with the case. Put one of the protectors such that it went to very bottom edge of phone (on phone in pictures). The case does lift it a bit if phone is held just right, but I could use the plastic thing to push bubbles away to lift edge of case just enough to push screen protector under the edge. I imagine it will be a bit of a challenge for true edge to edge protectors with this case, but might work after some tweaking. Seido is working on their own screen protectors for this phone so maybe they will look into the issue.

Attachments

• DSC00345.jpg
    DSC00345.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 440
  • DSC00344.jpg
    DSC00344.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 451
  • DSC00341.jpg
    DSC00341.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 409
  • DSC00343.jpg
    DSC00343.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 418
  • DSC00342.jpg
    DSC00342.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 391
  • DSC00348.jpg
    DSC00348.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 374
  • DSC00346.jpg
    DSC00346.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 369
  • DSC00347.jpg
    DSC00347.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 343
  • DSC00349.jpg
    DSC00349.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 335
  • DSC00350.jpg
    DSC00350.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 319

ML417

Jul 26, 2012
Long Island, NY
Pictures of Seido Surface case and Holster are attached. They include front view, back view, side view, top view, bottom view, 3 views in holster and 2 views with only half of case on to give better idea of size of case.

I tried one of the verizon screen protectors. They do not go edge to edge so work fine with the case. Put one of the protectors such that it went to very bottom edge of phone (on phone in pictures). The case does lift it a bit if phone is held just right, but I could use the plastic thing to push bubbles away to lift edge of case just enough to push screen protector under the edge. I imagine it will be a bit of a challenge for true edge to edge protectors with this case, but might work after some tweaking. Seido is working on their own screen protectors for this phone so maybe they will look into the issue.

What ports does the holster cover? specifically looking at headphone and micro USB ports

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone who has the Seidio Active case mind throwing up some pictures? I'd really love to see how it looks on the phone!

Take a look...the active case is not that bulky and fits very well
    Just to clarify for everyone, I have the surface case and a nokia 900 charge plate and have been using both together for a week now nightly with no issues. Phone charges just fine. I also have an LG charge pad and just confirmed wireless charge works through case with that one also. Do not know why they say it will not work. Cannot comment on active case. Also, have not noticed any heat issues with case on while charging, at least with the nokia plate.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Curiosity got to me so I called Seido and asked about the disclaimer that the DNA cases are not compatible with wireless charging. The tech support person said it is because they do not have access to all the wireless chargers to test the compatibilty and therefore cannot honestly claim that their cases work with such accessories. Seems odd to not just state that on the website rather than saying not compatible, but I guess it could be true.

Anyway, I will update thread if I notice any problems down the line as my surface case is staying on and I will be wirelessly charging nightly.

Still nobody has the Active case that can say whether it works with wireless chargers? One person said it did but no pics and it would be nice for others to corroborate and for which chargers it works or doesn't work. And whether the kickstand gets hot. I'm ordering a Surface case and I was thinking about getting an Active case for my wife because she likes the kickstand.

wireless charging works fine with the active, been using mine for several weeks on it with no issues