LG Camera has been ported over to CM7

Search This thread

SyntekSystems

Mar 15, 2011
I just tried this mod of a camera and I can confirm that it works on CM7 (CM7.2.0-RC1) for the G2x.

I'm sorry for reposting a thread that has probably been made but I haven't seen anywhere else that this has been posted.

The Single post has been pulled from the Optimus 2x forums.

Thank you to the dev(s) that made this mod possible for CM7! I am now officially off Froyo and on GB 2.3.7 thanks to this camera mod :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?yigbp18p7imat6h
Maybe it will be usefull for somebody...
It's a LG Camera for CM7 (thanks to Stefan and francarl) with bitrate/fps/mp4 modifications.

Bitrate and fps values are taken from v1 of AndiCP's Mod, and should be:

Video quality 1080p:
Set FPS from 24 to 30 (varies a little, similar to stock LG app)
Set normal video quality from 5Mbps to 7Mbps (= fine in stock LG app)
Set fine video quality from 7Mbps to 12Mbps
Set superfine video quality from 9Mbps to 17Mbps

Video quality 720p:
Set normal video quality from 2Mbps to 4Mbps (= superfine in stock LG app)
Set fine video quality from 3Mbps to 9Mbps
Set superfine video quality from 4Mbps to 14Mbps

Also video-file format changed from 3gp to mp4 (maniacdave's mod from Modaco )
Also audio quality changed to 44khz/128kbps from original 22khz/64kbps.

Last edited:

ala380

Aug 18, 2007
Thanks for posting this. I'll check it out. I haven't seen this posted anywhere else either so no worries :)

cricketAC

Aug 5, 2011
I suppose this is the LG froyo camera? If it is, will this work on non-CM7 roms as well?

moeahmad1995

May 3, 2011
Chicago
Any bugs that you found out? I might go to cm7 just so I can try this. Cm9 is buggy for me but I just can't get off of it

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

SyntekSystems

Mar 15, 2011
The only bug I've encoutnered so far is that you can't zoom while video recording, everything else seems to be working just fine. I wonder if there's an updated fixed version out yet for this, since the post is from January.

sambodie

Apr 24, 2011
LG Camera

The camera hangs when I stop video recording. Get a message to force close or wait. Tried fixing permissions and reboot but did not correct it. Running HFP 2.1

SyntekSystems

Mar 15, 2011
The camera hangs when I stop video recording. Get a message to force close or wait. Tried fixing permissions and reboot but did not correct it. Running HFP 2.1

Yeah, I'm encountering that bug too, I'm assuming it's because the mod uses higher quality rendering than the stock Froyo one from LG. The container is also set to mp4 instead of 3gp. see the original post up above.

Last edited:

desynch-

Apr 1, 2012
Davis, CA
It's been said to leave the program alone when you stop video recording for a few seconds. It should go back to normal. I don't have any problems with freezing.

Try turning off auto review and see if it works.

sambodie

Apr 24, 2011
LG Camera hangs

It's been said to leave the program alone when you stop video recording for a few seconds. It should go back to normal. I don't have any problems with freezing.

Try turning off auto review and see if it works.

Turned off auto review and waited a few seconds, no hang. But FC when I switched back to still camera.

Then went to settings and turned auto review back on. Now all seems to be working correctly.

desynch-

Apr 1, 2012
Davis, CA
I guess I sorta fixed that issue for you. Lol.

owain94 in the following pages actually posted the camera with "updated" libs.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21960785&postcount=1660

I fixed my front facing camera being upside down by replacing the libcamera.so from the flashable zip with the libcamera.so that I got when I updated my baseband to March 11 2012. Just an FYI for those who updated that want to try this.

Mod works perfectly fine on stock 2.3.4 that was available by LG recently.

Last edited:

sambodie

Apr 24, 2011
Yes, thanks. You never know what will work. My FFC appears to be working OK. with the file from the OP's post. Not sure what I would get to use the one from January.... an option should this one hang again.

I am coming back from ICS as I have needed a working camera recently. Waiting for some additional work on the new 2.3.4 release to see if the BB exclusivity issue can be cracked. If you are foolishly optimistic, that one day release was a dry run for the G2x ICS update :p

SyntekSystems

Mar 15, 2011

I fixed my front facing camera being upside down by replacing the libcamera.so from the flashable zip with the libcamera.so that I got when I updated my baseband to March 11 2012. Just an FYI for those who updated that want to try this.

What exactly did you do to get it to work? I might update my girlfriend's phone to stock 2.3.4 and wanted to know what you did to get the camera to work on that rom

desynch-

Apr 1, 2012
Davis, CA
All I did was:

Update the phone to 2.3.4.
Reinstall CWM.
Downloaded owain94's version of the LG Camera from the link I posted.
Made a copy of the 2.3.4 libcamera.so under /system/lib.
Install lg camera's zip from CWM.
Put back the 2.3.4 libcamera.so into /system/lib

Do not touch the auto review after you put back the 2.3.4 libcamera.so, otherwise you'll have to do it again. It won't record video and will FC.

Vinsane

Jul 23, 2010
Dallas
Everything works fine for on Hellfire 2.1 GB....EXCEPT ..zoom while vid recording.

Any fixes for that?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

desynch-

Apr 1, 2012
Davis, CA
I read through the original thread, but there was no mention of a fix. owain94 did say it was working for him, but nobody else could say the same.

FatalityBoyZahy

Jan 11, 2010
Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
www.YouTube.com

The FFC is still upside down when you put the phone into landscape mode.

desynch-

Apr 1, 2012
Davis, CA
Yeah I noticed that yesterday. But honestly, for what I use the camera for, it didn't bother me.

With that, I have no idea how to fix it. :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just tried this mod of a camera and I can confirm that it works on CM7 (CM7.2.0-RC1) for the G2x.

I'm sorry for reposting a thread that has probably been made but I haven't seen anywhere else that this has been posted.

The Single post has been pulled from the Optimus 2x forums.

Thank you to the dev(s) that made this mod possible for CM7! I am now officially off Froyo and on GB 2.3.7 thanks to this camera mod :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?yigbp18p7imat6h
    Maybe it will be usefull for somebody...
    It's a LG Camera for CM7 (thanks to Stefan and francarl) with bitrate/fps/mp4 modifications.

Bitrate and fps values are taken from v1 of AndiCP's Mod, and should be:

Video quality 1080p:
    Set FPS from 24 to 30 (varies a little, similar to stock LG app)
    Set normal video quality from 5Mbps to 7Mbps (= fine in stock LG app)
    Set fine video quality from 7Mbps to 12Mbps
    Set superfine video quality from 9Mbps to 17Mbps

Video quality 720p:
    Set normal video quality from 2Mbps to 4Mbps (= superfine in stock LG app)
    Set fine video quality from 3Mbps to 9Mbps
    Set superfine video quality from 4Mbps to 14Mbps

Also video-file format changed from 3gp to mp4 (maniacdave's mod from Modaco )
    Also audio quality changed to 44khz/128kbps from original 22khz/64kbps.

You didn't ask me for the file. Make a nandroid next time. :rolleyes:

v21y libcamera.so file is attached

This flashes the old LG Camera app from FroYo which is far better than the stock one, and it gives better picture quality and video quality compared to the stock ones.

Hope this helped!:D

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app