MHL (micro USB to HDMI) adapter works fine!

Search This thread

1meanrex

Jan 3, 2011
Minneapolis, Mn
Does anyone run into the issue of there adapter not being able to charge simultaneously when viewing. I get an overcharge error every time I attempt to on mine. I have a mycablemart.com one which should be pretty similar to the monoprice one.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

RennyC

Sep 5, 2012
While the MHL cable is fun and cool, the only problem I have is that I'm forced into 24Hz 1080p mode whereas it also has 720p running at 60Hz that I can't access.. :(
24Hz is terrible for gaming.

joediev

Nov 25, 2010
I got one off Amazon "eForCity HTC one S HTC one X Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter", works fine when powered and audio passes through HDMI.

However, I have a problem of audio no longer working on the phone internal speaker after I unplug the adapter. I have to reboot the phone to get audio back.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

skeppley

May 4, 2006
Lake Wynonah PA
I got one off Amazon "eForCity HTC one S HTC one X Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter", works fine when powered and audio passes through HDMI.

However, I have a problem of audio no longer working on the phone internal speaker after I unplug the adapter. I have to reboot the phone to get audio back.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

No problems like that for me. Maybe it's the ROM your running?
I got mine from monoprice, and it works very well. Like others noted, no power required, just plug into phone, plug in hdmi, and off she goes :)

joediev

Nov 25, 2010
No problems like that for me. Maybe it's the ROM your running?
I got mine from monoprice, and it works very well. Like others noted, no power required, just plug into phone, plug in hdmi, and off she goes :)

Am on stock AT&T ROM so I guess it's my adapter. If it gets annoying I suppose I'll pick up the Monoprice version as it looks to work well for everyone here.

MKVFTW

Mar 25, 2010
Thanks MKVFTW, that helps a lot... super disappointing though. i wonder what the issue is? driver problem perhaps?

I think it had to do with the kernel source. I think a while back there was a nightly that had a patch to fix MHL but it was buggy at best. Please do not take my word as gospel however, i may have missed something during my research a while back.

RichAHicks

Aug 30, 2007
I have the Monoprice adapter. Video seems to work fine; however, audio is distorted like it is slowed down to half speed! I can't find any settings to fix this, and I've tried with and without power, different audio and video apps, and I've switched HDMI cables. Any ideas how I can get this working right? I'm running CR 5.1 AND BM 4.4.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

ECEXCURSION

Aug 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.lego.com
MHL Adapters - which work perfectly?

So...

I'm in the market for a good MHL adapter. I've read this thread, and I've read others, but I haven't found a definitive answer. Which MHL adapter works perfect, with and without charging capabilities? My roommate owns an MHL adapter (I forget which brand, but it's white if that helps... :cyclops:), that has a charging port. If I play a video while the phone is not charging the picture and audio is flawless. However, if I plug in the charger the video becomes super choppy (the audio is fine, however). I really want a black MHL adapter that displays perfectly in both charging and non-charging modes. If I can forgo the need to plug in my laptop laptop on business trips (plug my phone into the TV at a hotel) it would be great.

I only use CleanROM and ElementalX (stock speeds), so none of the CM issues should apply.

So my question is, does this work? http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10833&cs_id=1083314&p_id=8675&seq=1&format=2

Last edited:

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Not sure what the brand is, but I bought the cheapest one on eBay. It only works if the USB cord is plugged into it.

Version 3.0 or higher of elementalx will fix choppy graphics.
I changed the refresh rate from 24Hz to 60Hz

Dec 20, 2012
So...

I'm in the market for a good MHL adapter. I've read this thread, and I've read others, but I haven't found a definitive answer. Which MHL adapter works perfect, with and without charging capabilities? My roommate owns an MHL adapter (I forget which brand, but it's white if that helps... :cyclops:), that has a charging port. If I play a video while the phone is not charging the picture and audio is flawless. However, if I plug in the charger the video becomes super choppy (the audio is fine, however). I really want a black MHL adapter that displays perfectly in both charging and non-charging modes. If I can forgo the need to plug in my laptop laptop on business trips (plug my phone into the TV at a hotel) it would be great.

I only use CleanROM and ElementalX (stock speeds), so none of the CM issues should apply.

So my question is, does this work?

Literally just bought that adapter and its working great, video and sound. I'm running cleanrom, I didn't change the kernel tho.

Reactions: ECEXCURSION

Top Liked Posts