[ROM]CM10.1 Linaro O3 Build With Basic Kernel 02/06

Search This thread

kejar31

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 24, 2010
Thought I would share this. Its a build of CM10.1 from 02/04 with the Linaro updates added and compiled with linaro's 4.7 toolchain oh and it had O3 turned on :)

Notes:
All Credit got to the CM team and Sbrissen who got CM working for our phones

If CM doesn't include the commits and people like this enough I will most likely provide weekly updates

Features:

ROM
Compiled with Linaro's GCC 4.7.3 toolchain (01/13)
O3

KERNEL
Compiled with Linaro GCC 4.7.3
Updated wifi driver
Unofficial Voodoo sound driver (otherwise this has not been reviewed and approved by Supercurio)
OverClock up to 1.8 Ghz
CPU Undervolting
Downgrade to mali r2p4 which fixed graphic glitches

ChangeLog:

02/04 - initial release

02/06
Updated with CM base 02/06 at 7PM
Compiled kernel with the Linaro GCC 4.7.3 toolchain
Complete base has now been compiled the wtih Linaro GCC 4.7.3 toolchain (many things moved from 4.6)

Source:
Kernel source https://github.com/kejar31/android_k...msung_smdk4412

Credit:
gokhanmoral
codeworkx
sbrissen
CyanogenMod
supercurio
Tk-Glitch

Install:
Boot to recovery and make a backup
Wipe data/cache/dalvik
Flash ROM
Flash GAPPS
Reboot

Downlaods:
GAPPS

ROM FOR THE VZW NOTE 2 ONLY

Quick rundown from a Phoronix artificial that does a pretty good job of a quick breakdown on the differences.. It even includes some benchmarks :)

Note that Android is normally compiled with O2 and Os

For those unfamiliar with the different optimization flags, see the GCC optimize options documentation. The tested flags used in this article include:

-O0 - Reduce compilation time and make debugging produce the expected results. This is the default.

-O1 - Optimize. Optimizing compilation takes somewhat more time, and a lot more memory for a large function.

-O2 - Optimize even more. GCC performs nearly all supported optimizations that do not involve a space-speed tradeoff. As compared to -O, this option increases both compilation time and the performance of the generated code.

-O3 - Optimize yet more. -O3 turns on all optimizations specified by -O2 and also turns on the -finline-functions, -funswitch-loops, -fpredictive-commoning, -fgcse-after-reload, -ftree-vectorize, -fvect-cost-model, -ftree-partial-pre and -fipa-cp-clone options.

-Os - Optimize for size. -Os enables all -O2 optimizations that do not typically increase code size. It also performs further optimizations designed to reduce code size.

-Ofast - Disregard strict standards compliance. -Ofast enables all -O3 optimizations. It also enables optimizations that are not valid for all standard-compliant programs. It turns on -ffast-math and the Fortran-specific -fno-protect-parens and -fstack-arrays.

Last edited:

Breezer23

Nov 20, 2009
Chicagoish
Re: [ROM]CM10.1 Linaro O3 Build With Basic Kernel 02/04

No clue what O3 is but sound fancy. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

lilpeezy23

Jan 1, 2010

Wasn't really keen to the specifics of O3 but googled it and it definitely helped my understanding (to a certain extent). Pretty interesting stuff. Either way thanks for this build

kejar31

May 24, 2010
No clue what O3 is but sound fancy. Thanks for posting.

Quick rundown from a Phoronix artificial that does a pretty good job of a quick breakdown on the differences.. It even includes some benchmarks :)

For those unfamiliar with the different optimization flags, see the GCC optimize options documentation. The tested flags used in this article include:

-O0 - Reduce compilation time and make debugging produce the expected results. This is the default.

-O1 - Optimize. Optimizing compilation takes somewhat more time, and a lot more memory for a large function.

-O2 - Optimize even more. GCC performs nearly all supported optimizations that do not involve a space-speed tradeoff. As compared to -O, this option increases both compilation time and the performance of the generated code.

-O3 - Optimize yet more. -O3 turns on all optimizations specified by -O2 and also turns on the -finline-functions, -funswitch-loops, -fpredictive-commoning, -fgcse-after-reload, -ftree-vectorize, -fvect-cost-model, -ftree-partial-pre and -fipa-cp-clone options.

-Os - Optimize for size. -Os enables all -O2 optimizations that do not typically increase code size. It also performs further optimizations designed to reduce code size.

-Ofast - Disregard strict standards compliance. -Ofast enables all -O3 optimizations. It also enables optimizations that are not valid for all standard-compliant programs. It turns on -ffast-math and the Fortran-specific -fno-protect-parens and -fstack-arrays.

Last edited:
Reactions: Breezer23

fallingd0wn

Apr 9, 2010
IN

Flashed over today's nightly with no problems. On another note, how did you get around the missing extractfiles.sh script in the i605 device directory when trying to pull the proprietary files from the phone to do your builds?

dmbfan13

Mar 4, 2010
Rockton, IL
Every time I try to install, I get the same error:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "
getprop("ro.product.device") == "i605" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "SCH-i605"

Any ideas? I've tried downloading it twice now.

kejar31

May 24, 2010
Every time I try to install, I get the same error:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "
getprop("ro.product.device") == "i605" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "SCH-i605"

Any ideas? I've tried downloading it twice now.

Are you using twrp and the first one at that? If so you need to update twrp or install CWM

zZDave_Stud

Aug 12, 2011
Pennsylvania

Thank you kind sir! Gonna have to check this out tomorrow :D

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

gammaxgoblin

Nov 19, 2010

Sick! Love it.. Thanks!!!

lostnuke

Jun 19, 2011

Nice work kejar. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thought I would share this. Its a build of CM10.1 from 02/04 with the Linaro updates added and compiled with linaro's 4.7 toolchain oh and it had O3 turned on :)

Notes:
    All Credit got to the CM team and Sbrissen who got CM working for our phones

If CM doesn't include the commits and people like this enough I will most likely provide weekly updates

Features:

ROM
    Compiled with Linaro's GCC 4.7.3 toolchain (01/13)
    O3

KERNEL
    Compiled with Linaro GCC 4.7.3
    Updated wifi driver
    Unofficial Voodoo sound driver (otherwise this has not been reviewed and approved by Supercurio)
    OverClock up to 1.8 Ghz
    CPU Undervolting
    Downgrade to mali r2p4 which fixed graphic glitches

ChangeLog:

02/04 - initial release

02/06
    Updated with CM base 02/06 at 7PM
    Compiled kernel with the Linaro GCC 4.7.3 toolchain
    Complete base has now been compiled the wtih Linaro GCC 4.7.3 toolchain (many things moved from 4.6)

Source:
    Kernel source https://github.com/kejar31/android_k...msung_smdk4412

Credit:
    gokhanmoral
    codeworkx
    sbrissen
    CyanogenMod
    supercurio
    Tk-Glitch

Install:
    Boot to recovery and make a backup
    Wipe data/cache/dalvik
    Flash ROM
    Flash GAPPS
    Reboot

Downlaods:
    GAPPS

ROM FOR THE VZW NOTE 2 ONLY

okay new build is back up... everything is good now! :)
    So far all looks good without wiping. And scrolling is MUCH smoother!

A real phone takes 2 hands to operate. SGNote deuce.
    BTW the bug had nothing to do with anything I did... Rather it was a CM bug and they have since posted the fix.. recompiling with the fix now.. should be back up before I head off to bead :)
    The dark theme of MMS doesn't change the background color... Known issue?

You're talking about the option under MMS settings to use the darker appearance? This never worked for me on CM10/10.1 either. Always had to get a custom themed apk. Here's the one I use and works perfect on CM10.1. Check the attachments.

View attachment Mms.apk

To install it just copy and paste it into your /system/app folder and make sure that permissions are as follows rw- r- r-

Then just reboot your phone and voila. Done. I don't recall where I got that apk from but I know it took awhile of Google searching to get to it.