[GUIDE] GPS Fix for the GB Leak for the G2x

Search This thread

momentarylapseofreason

Apr 29, 2007
Chicago
Unless CM7 has a hidden menu for GPS, this fix will not work on it.

CM7 is pure AOSP, meaning, no LG hidden menu's.

While I understand that there are no LG branded menus, shouldn't there be a base Android application of some sort? Seems odd that there would be no way to adjust GPS settings without a MFG's application.

In addition, what would prevent us from adding the LG software back onto the phone in order to adjust things?

legoman666

Apr 20, 2011
Cincinnati
Changing the supl server to supl.google.com:7276 worked better than any of the other options.

I had the same problem on my Nokia N900. The default supl server was supl.nokia.com which is apparently Europe only. Why this was the default for the US N900 is beyond me. Changing it to supl.google.com reduced my gps fix time from 10-15 minutes to 5-10 seconds.

catr8

May 11, 2011
So, after installing the GB Leak, I noticed that GPS was hosed. I was able to resolve this and get locks again by following the steps below. (This has also been confirmed by Atantian that it fixes GPS when going from the GB leak back down to 2.2.2)

dial 1809#*999#
Scroll down to GPS Test
Check Use Extended Conf File (this will be for gps.conf in /data/gps which I will include with the Bionix 2 release)
Click System Settings
Check Use XTRAS
Click SUPL Setting
Click SLP Server Setting
Here, you can test for best results. I am using the Spirent server
Hit back x3
Click Get Position
Hit Menu
Click Settings
Session Type> Single Fix
Oper Mode > MS-Based
Hit Back
Go outside in a clear view
Hit Menu
Hit Start.
Let it do its thing for 10-15...

You should be good to go.
Again, for SLP server, test each one out.

Once done, you can grab GPS Test from the market and should have instant locks.
Krylon I too, have issues when I enter the above mentioned code it just sit there searching ussd code; I entered the code exactly as stated also am on cm7 am an absolute noobe trying to keep up with you all but am lost with GB leak don't understand...please help

nraudigy2

Sep 16, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Changing the supl server to supl.google.com:7276 worked better than any of the other options.

I had the same problem on my Nokia N900. The default supl server was supl.nokia.com which is apparently Europe only. Why this was the default for the US N900 is beyond me. Changing it to supl.google.com reduced my gps fix time from 10-15 minutes to 5-10 seconds.

Google server definitely works faster for me. It took 5 seconds to get an accuracy on GPS Test, that is the real lock.

Prod1702

May 31, 2007
Thanks this works great, but one problem I don't understand. The Use-Extebded Conf File, and Use XTRAS do not stay clicked after a reboot. I need to go back in and reclick them. Once they are clicked with the google server info i am getting great lock times.

Last edited:

lytener

Jul 19, 2007
Hi there. May I have some help? I'm using the GB leak. Do you need a /data/gps gps.conf file? Looked in the thread and couldn't find one. The settings don't stick when I go through the steps. Are they supposed be unchecked when I hit back?

tenbeau

Apr 24, 2010
Leesburg, Fl
I am on Bionix 2 and loving it. The rom states it has supl google as default but my GPS has been very poor so I went in and tried the fix. I have 2 questions:1. when I click start the GPS icon flashes but nothing happens with the columns of numbrer latitude etc.the icon flashes for about 10 minutes and than stops. I still have all zero's in the columns. Is this the way it should work? I have tried all 3 settings and found that lge supl seems to be the best for me. I cannot find a Google supl setting anywhere. I greatly appreciate any and all help and info.:confused:

bamabruin

Feb 22, 2011
In the hidden menu, I can't open GPS Test. When I click it, it does nothing. Anyone else have this?

I am on stock btw.

krylon360

Retired Recognized Developer
May 10, 2010
Seattle
I am on Bionix 2 and loving it. The rom states it has supl google as default but my GPS has been very poor so I went in and tried the fix. I have 2 questions:1. when I click start the GPS icon flashes but nothing happens with the columns of numbrer latitude etc.the icon flashes for about 10 minutes and than stops. I still have all zero's in the columns. Is this the way it should work? I have tried all 3 settings and found that lge supl seems to be the best for me. I cannot find a Google supl setting anywhere. I greatly appreciate any and all help and info.:confused:

in the gps.conf file in /system/etc google is set to default.

Are you outside or inside when doing the test?
When inside, the test doesnt work to well for me, as soon as I step outside in clear view, instalock.

tenbeau

Apr 24, 2010
Leesburg, Fl
in the gps.conf file in /system/etc google is set to default.

Are you outside or inside when doing the test?
When inside, the test doesnt work to well for me, as soon as I step outside in clear view, instalock.
Thanks for the swift reply Krylon.I have followed the directions to the letter and I am outside when I hit start only the gps icon flashes and this goes on for between 10-14 minutes but in the columns with latitude etc nothing happens they stay all zeroes. I keep running the test until the icon stops blinking but never have any numbers etc in the columns. I have found that lge supl seems to be a bit better than the other two.(the icon only flashed for about a minutes) Have I left out something? Is there a keystroke I am missing? I love the rom!!!! Just super, but I do need my GPS as I use it on a daily basis throughout the day. Any and all help is greatly and warmly appreciated.:):confused::)

Edit: going to send a donation your way tomorrow. Thanks for the great work!!!

tenbeau

Apr 24, 2010
Leesburg, Fl
Can't get it to work. Won't pull up under custom shortcuts or by using the # code :(

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could supply some info on this fix. I just need to know if the test I am running is doing anything at all. I get nothing but zeros when I have started test and my GPS seems to be getting worse. I have tried all 3 -T mobile-Spirient-Lge and none seem to be working very well at all. Some times it will finally lock but and than will lock quickly for a few moments than a few minutes later it just will not lock. Are there any other settings I might be able to tweak? Really getting frustrated with this I have just one day left in remorse period and need to make a decision. Thanks in advance for any and all help.:):confused::confused:

diablos991

Mar 14, 2010
I would greatly appreciate it if someone could supply some info on this fix. I just need to know if the test I am running is doing anything at all. I get nothing but zeros when I have started test and my GPS seems to be getting worse. I have tried all 3 -T mobile-Spirient-Lge and none seem to be working very well at all. Some times it will finally lock but and than will lock quickly for a few moments than a few minutes later it just will not lock. Are there any other settings I might be able to tweak? Really getting frustrated with this I have just one day left in remorse period and need to make a decision. Thanks in advance for any and all help.:):confused::confused:

Read my posts in this thread. It will show you the way.

bamabruin

Feb 22, 2011
Is there a gps.conf downloadable file somewhere (with instructions)? When I click on GPS Test in the hidden menu, nothing happens.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, after installing the GB Leak, I noticed that GPS was hosed. I was able to resolve this and get locks again by following the steps below. (This has also been confirmed by Atantian that it fixes GPS when going from the GB leak back down to 2.2.2)

dial 1809#*999#
    Scroll down to GPS Test
    Check Use Extended Conf File (this will be for gps.conf in /data/gps which I will include with the Bionix 2 release)
    Click System Settings
    Check Use XTRAS
    Click SUPL Setting
    Click SLP Server Setting
    Here, you can test for best results. I am using the Spirent server
    Hit back x3
    Click Get Position
    Hit Menu
    Click Settings
    Session Type> Single Fix
    Oper Mode > MS-Based
    Hit Back
    Go outside in a clear view
    Hit Menu
    Hit Start.
    Let it do its thing for 10-15...

You should be good to go.
    Again, for SLP server, test each one out.

Once done, you can grab GPS Test from the market and should have instant locks.
    I've had gps issues ever since I flashed Bionix2, now i'm back on stock ROM and the gps has been hosed for 2 straight days. I've tried the hidden gps menu fixes, I've tried downloading the .zip and running it in CWR, nothing worked.

then I downloaded GPSfix-0.1.apk and it's getting near instant 10m accuracy locks ever since!

I highly recommend it.

Instructions Here

I looked at the APK and it seems to do (at least) the following

1) Removes file /data/xtra.bin
    2) Downloads the file http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    3) ? Need more time to read the code
    EDIT: I changed the Session Type to Tracking instead of Single fix and now it locks 10+ satellites instead of 3. I will take this on a navigation run and report back.

This works! Accuracy was bang on. Thanks!
    When I enter the code itself, nothing happens. If I hit the send key, it then pulls up the USSD message. For what it's worth though, the CheckIn code still works no problem

i am using 'go dialer' ... i noticed it didnt work either until i went to the stock dialer, then ussd code worked ... to get to stock dialer go to your apps then contacts
    Can someone post up the lge.hiddenmenu apk??? This is your issue (and mine) seemingly

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X2ZX6CS1