XDA: What are you using?

Search This thread

Nickitt

Dec 21, 2011
Kansas City
What Rom and Kernel is everyone using?

Curious as to know exactly what people on XDA are running on their OG EVO 4G.

I've found Decks 2.3.7 GB is the best GB Rom IMO but it is getting old, as in age.

*Best GB?+Kernel?
*Best ICS?+Kernel?
*Best Sense?+Kernel?

I would personally rather run ICS but I am so anal about my phone that the screen flicker when turning the screen off really aggravates me.

Just trying to get a feel which Rom is the "best" for you & why that is?

Thanks!

:D -Nic :D

Last edited:

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
Currently Gummy ICS w/ the mason kernel

Best ICS: Rom is subjective + mason kernel
Best GB: CM7 + tiamat 3.3.7 / 4.1 kernel

Nope. this is a solid daily driver. Only the FFC and 4G are inop. barcodescanner doesn't work for some reason and no HWA yet, but still smooth and fast as hell.

I have a guide for it. Click the Evo guide in my signature and at the end of the Original Post is a link to ICS MIUI Setup.

You may want to wait until after this weekend's update

Grizraz

Apr 11, 2011
Currently using Shooter E3D and Underworld v0.4

I Have no issues, runs very smooth. Flash many a rom, always come back to Shooter.

Nickitt

Dec 21, 2011
Kansas City
Nope. this is a solid daily driver. Only the FFC and 4G are inop. barcodescanner doesn't work for some reason and no HWA yet, but still smooth and fast as hell.

I have a guide for it. Click the Evo guide in my signature and at the end of the Original Post is a link to ICS MIUI Setup.

You may want to wait until after this weekend's update

Are you sure it doesn't have the screen off problem? Maybe its just my phone that doesn't exactly like ICS, there are so many ICS Rom's out there I cannot keep up with them. I will take your advice and wait until this weekends update and give it a shot.

Appreciate the feedback everyone!
Keep the Evo OG!

Brilliancy

Mar 1, 2012
SOS X Odex with Underworld v0.4 non-SBC. Runs great, with the best battery life out of any set-up I've tried. Would get even better battery life if you were willing to run the SBC version of Underworld.