[DISCUSSION] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3) for Optimus One

Search This thread

holyzombiejesus

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton
Is there major advantages of having new BB over old besides the new roms? Like better data connection or anything that affects everyday usage? I really want to run cm9 but am hesitant to upgrade BB

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA

The new baseband doesn't support the 1700 mhz spectrum T-Mobile uses. Running it will make 3G essentially impossible to use. Just use the baseband fix.

blueren

Jan 4, 2011
I'm unable to get darktremor's a2sd work with this :( I already have a 512 mb ext 4 partition. Running the script / a2sd reinstall on terminal emulator yields no result. Please help

Majestic717

Mar 2, 2012
I've tried all the bb fixes but don't get any service at all or get boot loops from the bb fixes, driving me crazy that I have to upgrade bb or I get boot loops or no service.

Majestic717

Mar 2, 2012
Which version of cm9 should I try it on, the kang pasquale version is what I've been trying. Also, full clean install, reboot and then flash fix or do it all together?

LG P504-CM7-Droid 2.3.7.-OC'd @ 787/480

seriousia

Jan 31, 2011
Which version of cm9 should I try it on, the kang pasquale version is what I've been trying. Also, full clean install, reboot and then flash fix or do it all together?

It works with all new baseband roms.
Yes do it all together without rebooting or it'll not work
Flash Rom
Flash baseband fix
Reboot

Reactions: Majestic717

Majestic717

Mar 2, 2012
Will be flashing tonight and reporting, thanx for all the help I appreciate it.

curious_one

Dec 19, 2011
The new baseband doesn't support the 1700 mhz spectrum T-Mobile uses. Running it will make 3G essentially impossible to use. Just use the baseband fix.

Not necessarily true. I'm on T-Mobile in the US and 3g works fine for me on the new baseband. I would just upgrade; if it works it will save a lot of trouble. As far as I know, you can always switch back to old baseband if 3g doesn't work for you.

Sent from my P-509 using Planet Express (\/)(,;,,;,)(\/)

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
there isnt init.d support in the rom atm....so no scripts will work....:)

There is.. slaidy tweaks work;)

Jloagb

Seek the signature below the line;)

RockR172

Jun 12, 2011
from my observation, not all of the qcom opensource OMX packages get built...

We have these lines in p500.mk

# QCOM OMX
PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
libstagefrighthw \
libdivxdrmdecrypt \
libOmxVdec \
libOmxVenc \
libOmxAacEnc \
libOmxAmrEnc \
libmm-omxcore \
libOmxCore

libdivxdrmdecrypt, libOmxVdec, and libOmxVenc are supposed to be built from vendor/qcom-opensource/mm-video...
They dont get built due to missing flags of msm7x27 targets in the makefile...
After adding the missing flag in the makefile it seems that the opensource library isnt compatible with msm7x27 targets, it gave me a lot of errors... :(

only thing thats compatible is the libdrmdivxdecrypt, try merging this commit...

https://github.com/paul-xxx/android_omx_mm-video/commit/59313745629d35a253af0f0164dc6570919e6e9e

you might be aware of this, just posting so that it might catch some attention... ;)

Reactions: Holiwii

holyzombiejesus

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton
Has anyone noticed a dramatic difference in data/wifi reliability between CM7 and CM9? Sometimes data gets a strong connection and stays strong, but most of the time the phone attempts to connect endlessly with no success. I'm running the old baseband with a patch, so that could be the source of my problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since the development section is becoming all too over saturated with general discussion. This thread is meant to help users of ICS 4.0.3 by Lupohirp. While this is a beta, I think that it's stable enough for anyone looking for the ICS experience to use daily.

NOTE: UNRESOLVED APN ISSUES WITH T-MOBILE (NO DATA, WIFI ONLY)

BETA 3 CHANGELOG:
    (Released 14/2/2012)

FULL OPENGL RENDERING
    3D
    MIC FIXED
    ENABLED GENLOCK SUPPORT IN KERNEL (A Precursor for developers to fix Camera, NOTE: CAMERA IS NOT YET FUNCTIONAL)
    CPU SET ON BOOT FIXED

Install:
    http://ics4p500.blogspot.com/
    Wipe data/ factory reset
    Wipe Cache
    Advanced>Wipe Dalvik
    Reboot System

Reboot into Recovery
    Flash this version of GAPPS (FULLY Tested and working specifically on this ROM)

Reboot and enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 on your Optimus one.

EDIT: FOR BETA2 USERS ONLY
    Flash this Microphone/ Audio fix (thanks to cyrix.vs)
    Mirror
    (To enable voice through apps such as Skype, Google Voice, guitar tuner/ anything that isn't a standard phone call that requires use of your microphone)

OPTIONAL (Recommended) Kernel:
    Franco3 kernel (2.35 kernel with kgsl drivers backported from 3.0 or 3.1 kernel)

Current bugs:

Please remember this is still in the early beta stages. It is stable enough to be used as a daily ROM, but there may be small issues. Please report them and I will update this thread with known bugs.

Camera does not connect (_Arjen_ is currently in the process of re-writing camera driver.)

Stock browser has been known to glitch out ( Temporary Fix: Install Browser+ )

Stock ICS Live Wallpapers do not work
    (Live Wallpapers from market or elsewhere install and work perfectly fine though)

Audio problems with Speaker/Bluetooth Low Sound Volume ( Missing file libraries, Will probably be fixed in Beta3)

Mono Audio instead of Stereo
    (Will probably be fixed in Beta3)

Audio Player Bug
    (CM9 Music App plays through speaker occasionally after calls, PowerAMP auto-plays whenever a headset is plugged in) (PowerAMP is more manageable imo)

APN issues (Connecting to 3G/4G through T-Mobile & Vodafone)

Overclocking/ CPU Settings:
    Conservative
    480/ 748 (things get unstable at 768 and higher on my device)

Recommended Apps for ICS:

AirDroid (wirelessly manage & control your Android device from a web browser Over-The-Air. No more USB needed)

Keyboard:
    Swype Beta

Special thanks to
    Lupohirp
    _Arjen_
    cyrix.vs
    CyanogenMod

CYANOGENMOD 9 P500 DEVELOPMENT THREAD
    CM9 is still being developed.
    I know Adfad and hepheppy do, just check github.
    Lupohirp will be working on it too, like he said.
    And I am also still working on it :D

By the way, not all members on our team know how to work on this.
    We all have our own tasks and help eachother when we are stuck ;)

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium
    Screenshots:

Full Gallery of over 25 pictures (Basically a walk through of ICS)

Note: The Live Wallpaper is Mystic Halo LW (Free)

cT7XM.png
    qkW7E.png

Q2pxq.png
    yWiYM.png

YCNie.png
    IaQMa.png

SnMIF.png
    kAdUI.png

wTKiR.png
    HoBXL.png

R03Qr.png
    9mb1D.png

uKHY5.png
    ix3qq.png

Ph40w.png
    zo4RI.png

THCzg.png
    2QX9r.png

dqJKR.png
    8actL.png

CCPex.png
    PlD1Q.png

(Note: to get 8 bit ICS logo tap repeatedly on Android 4.0.3 in About Phone)

AHRXX.png
    JLie2.png
    A few suggestions to forum users who flash roms and software

I am a 65 year old guy who bought O1 for a lark and found a lot of fun in rooting and using custom roms. Based on my personal experience and on what I read daily I request my fellow members, especially those who are relatively new to follow a few simple rules:

1. Read thoroughly before rushing to flash. Just because it is easy does not mean it cannot damage your phone or give you poor performance.
    2. If flashing a ROM, in my view even an upgrade of the same ROM, wipe everything except SD Card and start a fresh install. Unless the Dev has specifically instructed that you do not need to do a data wipe. Keep backup with TB (Titanium Backup). This will avoid so many problems being aired daily (incl on the DEV FORUM). For example some have reported that in the CM9 (latest) wifi is not working or this and that is misbehaving. These are working perfectly for others if you follow good practices.
    3. Secondly, try all your new ROMs at standard max frequency of 600 Mhz. Once you are sure everything works then increase the speed in stages.
    4. If it is working for others as per the forum then repeat the process of flashing with data/full wipe etc at least once before jumping to the forum to report an error.
    5. The forum has lots of information and many have been through the problems you may be facing - use others experience by searching. Most things have already been answered. Do a google search as well and other forums will have information that might be useful.

Remember that every mail of a problem that is not real wastes your time to document it and that of hundreds of readers who go through your post.

Spend a half an hour of your own and you will be happy to have solved it yourself.
    Even so, I would still remove the optional folder in the latest gapps (gapps-ics-20120224) as it takes up quite a lot of space. The size of the file went from around 50 mb down to around 26 mb (and after I flashed the smaller gapps, I only had around 8 mb free).

The optional folder is only installed on selected devices. The gapps script checks our phones for necessary files. Since we dont have them the optional folder is skipped during the installation.

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium