Dec 4, 2013
Hello everyone, this is my first post, the one issue that made me register :D

Ill be as short as i can :
I have a sony xperia P t-mobile locked so:
-Bootloader locked,
-root goes up no problem, works,
-CWM goes up this one,works:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2020895
-i copy the rom on the phone, factory reset all that junk, i start to flash i get the "getprop nypon" aka Status 7 error code(tried several roms, all do the same)
-i go and modify the upgrade script via this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2302599
The rom installs, i install the gapps and whatnot and when i go to reboot it goes brick, i can get it to vibrate for hard reset but thats all(luckily the xperia updater software recovers so its not bricked out atm) but thats all, no other response no sony logo no nothing.

I was trying to flash the CM11 nightly to my phone, and i dont have a clue what have gone wrong... any ideas? should i try another one? did i mess up the flashscript modifying?(i checked for space) Any input and suggestion is highly appreciated, thank you in advance!!

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
Hello everyone, this is my first post, the one issue that made me register :D

Ill be as short as i can :
I have a sony xperia P t-mobile locked so:
-Bootloader locked,
-root goes up no problem, works,
-CWM goes up this one,works:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2020895
-i copy the rom on the phone, factory reset all that junk, i start to flash i get the "getprop nypon" aka Status 7 error code(tried several roms, all do the same)
-i go and modify the upgrade script via this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2302599
The rom installs, i install the gapps and whatnot and when i go to reboot it goes brick, i can get it to vibrate for hard reset but thats all(luckily the xperia updater software recovers so its not bricked out atm) but thats all, no other response no sony logo no nothing.

I was trying to flash the CM11 nightly to my phone, and i dont have a clue what have gone wrong... any ideas? should i try another one? did i mess up the flashscript modifying?(i checked for space) Any input and suggestion is highly appreciated, thank you in advance!!

And why exactly are you trying to flash a rom that is for unlocked bootloader only?
No CMs for you., stock based ROMs only..

Dec 4, 2013
And why exactly are you trying to flash a rom that is for unlocked bootloader only?
No CMs for you., stock based ROMs only..

Thanks i knew i was overlooking something... i didnt even know you cant flash "random" stuff with a locked bootloader.
By the way is there a method around this? i failed to find any.

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
Thanks i knew i was overlooking something... i didnt even know you cant flash "random" stuff with a locked bootloader.
By the way is there a method around this? i failed to find any.

You can't "flash", as this feature in the BIOS, but you can do virtually anything you want with your phone once you have root permission.
Is your bootloader unlockable?

Dec 4, 2013
You can't "flash", as this feature in the BIOS, but you can do virtually anything you want with your phone once you have root permission.
Is your bootloader unlockable?

Sadly no, mine is carrier locked so its bootloader locked as well( if i could i would have did it already) thats what im asking, is there even a method to unlock a not unlockable bootloader? some nifty dark alleyway backdoor etc... way?

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
Sadly no, mine is carrier locked so its bootloader locked as well( if i could i would have did it already) thats what im asking, is there even a method to unlock a not unlockable bootloader? some nifty dark alleyway backdoor etc... way?

Hmmmm, have you checked in service menu?
There might be unofficial method, I don't know if it's for unlockable bootloader.
Luckily, here it's not allowed bind users to service anymore, and carriers must unlock it if the owner of the phone request it.

Dec 4, 2013
Hmmmm, have you checked in service menu?
There might be unofficial method, I don't know if it's for unlockable bootloader.
Luckily, here it's not allowed bind users to service anymore, and carriers must unlock it if the owner of the phone request it.

yep i checked the service menu thats why i know its not unlockable. i might try to get in touch with t-mobile support and ask them for an unlock code... the only ones i found on the internet, costed quite a sum of money. anyway, i wouldnt even bother with it that much, the speed is acceptable and im okay with the default sony interface, but the phone app freaking out and freezing a lot makes me a bit angry about it...

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
yep i checked the service menu thats why i know its not unlockable. i might try to get in touch with t-mobile support and ask them for an unlock code... the only ones i found on the internet, costed quite a sum of money. anyway, i wouldnt even bother with it that much, the speed is acceptable and im okay with the default sony interface, but the phone app freaking out and freezing a lot makes me a bit angry about it...

You mean the phone lag issue with incoming/outgoing calls?
It's not too bad in firmware 6.2.A.1.100.

Dec 4, 2013
You mean the phone lag issue with incoming/outgoing calls?
It's not too bad in firmware 6.2.A.1.100.

Yes i mean that. Its not that bad and a complete off/on solves it for a while, still it cripples the main usage of a phone...it can be quite annoying when it ballses up when you need to make an urgent phonecall...

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
Yes i mean that. Its not that bad and a complete off/on solves it for a while, still it cripples the main usage of a phone...it can be quite annoying when it ballses up when you need to make an urgent phonecall...

Yes that's true, I realy wonder why sony did not fix that yet.
For me it's first of all a phone, the rest is just etras.