Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this year?

Search This thread

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee
Passed on the N4 really want the new Nexus to be the one. Here's to hoping all the stars align and whoever builds it puts out a quality product with at least 16gb storage minimum.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

16gb is weak, with the iPhail having 32gb and 64gb we should at least get a device that can match that.

Turb0wned

Oct 31, 2008
Miami
Have the nexus 4 and the galaxy nexus. The nexus 4 just doesn't wow me... I'm looking forward to the Motorola x phone. If they don't screw up the camera you can bet it will have more storage, great battery, great radios and great build quality.

Reactions: SahilC and Nbsss

FoleyRose

Dec 17, 2012
Montreal
My first smartphone was the Nexus S and I just bought a Galaxy Nexus a month ago. I've been interested in Motorola phones but I heard they are a nightmare for the root community, also the Nexus 4 doesn't seem like such an upgrade from the Galaxy Nexus. I really, REALLY, hope the Nexus 5 (?) is gonne be Motorola's baby, because I can't see myself with a non-Nexus device now, and it would be the best match possible in my opinion.

woody296

Jul 17, 2010
I wasn't sure, but for some reason now i know I'll be there....Wrong section, belongs in Q & A.....

Last edited:

jordanishere

Sep 13, 2011
One thing I honestly wish google would push on all OEM's is softkeys, after getting my Gnex there is absolutely no way I could see myself using another phone with hardkeys or capacitive keys. This makes my options very slim, I pretty much have to get a Nexus device. (not like I want anything else anyway though) :D

Oh man you said it. My other device has physical capacitive buttons and they are so hard getting used to again.

Reactions: SahilC and Nephilim

jt.one

May 12, 2011
this is a interesting debate i've had with myself actually.
i too, skipped on the n4 because it didnt seem that much more enticing than my already owned gnex and the fact that LG was behind it didnt help the cause either.

-hmm, i havent had much experience with motorola phones but they have been pushing out solid devices for quite some time now..

-sony seems to be a popular option among members, i would entertain this thought as well.

-htc is a decent company, i did own the nexus1 for quite some time though it did have its flaws, (isnt htc in the middle of lawsuits and or declaring bankruptcy? i thought i read about that somewhere)

-or who knows, maybe i'll hold off the urges and stick with my gnex until google stops pushing updates to it. (though im pretty sure gnex is guaranteed key lime and maybe android "L".)

Reactions: Nephilim

DoesntPostAThing

Nov 18, 2012
Vancouver
I'll likely be there. I also agree with you, the Galaxy Nexus is one of the best devices I've used, but I also love my Skyrocket on CM10.1.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk HD

jadephyre

Jan 30, 2008
Moers
Samsung Galaxy A33
AW: Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this y

@jt.one
I have not heard anything about bankruptcy, but they are certainly heading down that path if they continue to treat the dev-community with neglect (kernel source anyone ?) and generally producing lower quality handsets.
Because lets be honest, quality has taken a bit of a dive.

Sony however has improved massively in the eyes of many due to its commitment to the dev-community and the fact that shortly after release they let you unlock the bootloaders of their devices.

I would prefer Sony over HTC & Moto (Samsung ranks before those two as well).

sent from my Nexus 7

Reactions: jt.one

slayr76

Mar 26, 2012
perth
I would rather no phone at all than deal with LG or HTC crap.

Last edited:

mrchambo

Aug 27, 2009
Gulf Shores
Neph, I will be there!

Every time I think I want to upgrade to something new and wonderful, you guys, i.e. you, Anarkia, mmuzzy, dariosf et al come up with stuff that makes my Gnex new again!

Looking forward to the next Nexus handset. I, too, declined to go with the N4.

MrC

Lazer Bear

Dec 21, 2011
I'm one of those that skipped the N4 because of the lack of a clear advantage over my Gnex... and I'm pretty sure I'll be buying the next Nexus device, irrespective of the manufacturer.

Something I would love to see is a larger (5-ish) inch screen.. of course they would need to release a smaller version as well not to anger 50% of the XDA community.. hehe.

I think it's gonna be pretty interesting to see what Google will do with the naming once devices like the next N7 and next Nexus phone come out. Up to now they had it easy but I don't think they are willing to go the "Nexus 7 2" route like Samsung did, and don't think they will change the display size just because of that..

daewond3r

Sep 3, 2009
Los Angeles
After my volume rocker died on my this past weekend I thought about getting the N4. So far I've abstained. I'm looking forward to more concrete details on the Moto X phone. I may be able to hold out for the next Nexus, but my track record of hanging on to a phone for over a year isn't very good.

dhollis72

Mar 15, 2011
I broke my screen and digitizer on my GNEX and instead of fixing it I decided to get a nexus 4. The nexus 4 is a great phone but if there is nothing wrong with your GNEX then stay with it. It's not that big of an upgrade. The display is weird because colors look washed out like the nexus 7 until you look at a picture or a video then it's awesome and it looks better outside than the GNEX. Wireless charger is awesome though. GNEX to a nexus 4 is a sideways upgrade to me. I'm still gonna fix my GNEX but waiting on digitizers to come down in price.

Edit: screen does look bigger on nexus 4.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

szucsgf

Aug 8, 2012
Toronto
Well definitely be getting a Nexus 5. Nephilim, I greatly value your additions to the PA and AK forums. I'll be very happy to see you in the next Nexus forums.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

eyeisdasteve

Dec 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I've been bouncing around phones. I had the GNex then had the evo lte, s3, optimus g.

But I still found myself drawn to this phone so I decided to get it again.

I'll probably get the new nexus device. As long as Sprint carries it.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

wedge905

Feb 10, 2013
Toronto
www.directdynamics.ca
I looked at the Nexus 4, it is a very nice phone. But I was put off by the glass backside, too much potential for breakage. I think the advantages over the Gnex are clear but not enough to warrant a new phone purchase so soon. I knew before I even saw it, that there would only be a tiny chance I would buy one of those.

When the Nexus 5 comes out I will be checking it out with great interest. As of right now, I'd say it's 50/50 if I will get one. I also want to start developing for multiple platforms, so I may put my money into a BB10, or a WP8. Especially since the Gnex is supposed to get Key Lime Pie, I'll still have access to the latest Android without needing to upgrade hardware. It's really big a wait and see game for me right now.

jimmyhook

Dec 14, 2010
If Google wanted to do something that's good for us and them, they'd strike a deal with Canonical to produce a Nexus that dual boots Ubuntu and Android out of the box.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all, I've been a member here on XDA for almost 3yrs now and I've frequented multiple sections depending on the device(s) I was/am using at the time.

I have to say, the Galaxy Nexus community is by far my favorite hands down.

So I ask, Who can I expect to see in the next nexus section when google releases the 2013 iteration of the Nexus Flagship Device?

I really am hoping a lot of you that I have grown to love chatting with all are there with me. I passed on the Nexus 4 because frankly, I don't see enough innovation over my Gnex to deem it worth purchasing, thus why I am waiting for the follow-up device we most likely can all expect come around November of this year.

I just cannot see myself getting anything but a Google flagship vanilla phone after owning this fantastic device, nothing compares to the development, themes, kernels etc available. Not to mention we get the newest versions of everything first as well.

Anyway, Who's gonna be in the new forum right there with me when the "Nexus 5 aka 2013 Nexus" arrives?

*on a sidenote, I can only imagine what the AOSPA Team and AK Team is going to bring to the table. :D
    Depends on wether LG will make it... if so, then no, I will not buy the new Nexus.
    Any other company like Samsung, Motorola or Sony or even HTC though would be fine by me.
    if its by lg and samsung not me :eek:, i want some good quality body like by moto and sony :good:, had enough of plastic since nexus s, miss my moto milestone so much :(

Not a fan of LG but Samsung makes a quality phone in a lightweight container. I have never liked Motorola, always found their devices to be crap (just my opinion though). Sony or HTC for the next Nexus device and I'll be a happy camper. Although, I will get one if Samsung makes it again too.

Who am I kidding, if it's a nexus device google oversees the whole process so I will buy it regardless of the brand. :p
    depends on who makes it, but as of now, i plan on it.
    chances are, I will be there. but it all depends. the nexus 4 is a great device, but i am assuming the 2013 nexus is going to be 5"1080P, quad core, 13mp camera, huge battery, 2+GB ram ect. its going to be hard to stay away from it....no matter who makes it.