How to downgrade bootloader 4.4.2 > 4.4? I'm at limbo!

Search This thread

fndpena

Nov 11, 2012
Montréal
@brunodmjr

You got bootloop because motorola OTA updates needs stock recovery to install.

Best thing to do now is wait for the full 4.4.2 brazilian rom. Then you can flash it thru RSD Lite or manually using fastboot.

fndpena

Nov 11, 2012
Montréal
Nop. I used stock recovery and did not flashed anything that wasn't for my device (answering the guy some posts before yours)

hmm. I thought you were using a custom recovery like TWRP.

I suppose you got root using rockmymoto/slapmymoto then. Because this is the only way to root the device while keeping stock recovery.

brunodmjr

Feb 17, 2012
Brasília
hmm. I thought you were using a custom recovery like TWRP.

I suppose you got root using rockmymoto/slapmymoto then. Because this is the only way to root the device while keeping stock recovery.

Nop, as i said, im an "advanced user". :) Unlocked bootloader.

And you can flash a CWM based or TWRP through fastboot, flash superSU, and flash stock recovery using fastboot again. No problem about that.

BTW i updated to 4.4.2 :)

I removed root using superSU option, restored my original .hosts file and removed Viper4Android kernel mods. Then rebooted, then whiped userdata and cache using fastboot and flashed update using 4.4 stock recovery.

After that, flashed CWM (Philz) recovery, flashed superSu.zip and restored /data partition :D

4.4. to 4.4.2 without lose data \o/ Yeah.

fndpena

Nov 11, 2012
Montréal
And you can flash a CWM based or TWRP through fastboot, flash superSU, and flash stock recovery using fastboot again. No problem about that.

Exactly what I did, except that I didn't flashed back stock recovery (will do if I need it for an OTA in the future).

I know you're an advanced user :good:
I was only trying to guess what was the problem behind the bootlooop. :laugh:

In my case, it was rooted by slapmymoto, so I had to flash 4.4 retail, update OTA and then installing TWRP to gain root.

Last edited:

brunodmjr

Feb 17, 2012
Brasília
Exactly what I did, except that I didn't flashed back stock recovery (will do if I need it for an OTA in the future).

I know you're an advanced user :good:
I was only trying to guess what was the problem behind the bootlooop. :laugh:

It was the system saying to the device that it is ready to do the update and keeping trying to reboot to a corrupted recovery.

feelknOck

Mar 31, 2012
Minas Gerais - Brazil
It was the system saying to the device that it is ready to do the update and keeping trying to reboot to a corrupted recovery.

Júnior, segue a dica do Julianocas e conseguirá fazer o downgrade perfeitamente.

Fiz e postei lá e esta tudo fluindo, agora é só instalar o OTA.

----------
English - Translator

Junior follows the tip Julianocas and perfectly able to downgrade.

Did and posted there and all this flowing, is now only install OTA.

brunodmjr

Feb 17, 2012
Brasília
Júnior, segue a dica do Julianocas e conseguirá fazer o downgrade perfeitamente.

Fiz e postei lá e esta tudo fluindo, agora é só instalar o OTA.

----------
English - Translator

Junior follows the tip Julianocas and perfectly able to downgrade.

Did and posted there and all this flowing, is now only install OTA.

I've already solved the problem, see some posts above :) The downgrade wasn't necessary. I just had to read a lot about bootloaders and ETC. Maybe i will compile a thread with useful information that people here maybe don't know (or just don't write and share it).

D

Darth

There's already more than enough talk of all this....to the point that it seems all the different explanations are confusing some people. ;)

The only thing I'll add is this....4.4.2 won't change anyone's lives.....just wait for your phones update. And if you can't OTA....wait a very short while longer and flash it manually.

Phones are bricking left and right cause people are jumping into updates not knowing, or confused by what they are attempting.

A little patients and carefully reading of what's already in this forum would save many a lot of issues.

That's my 3 cents. :)

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville