Yeap

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

OEZQ9.png

New stats after completely discharging and charging up to 95%

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

MeetFace

Dec 31, 2010
Marcusant,
Just want to double-check before I post a bug on the CM9 issue tracker.

I have noticed that incoming calls, I see the number, but there is a massive delay in showing the contact name that has that number, a lot of times I don't get to see the contact name before I answer the call.

I don't think it does, but lest I get chided for not having the stock kernel and posting a bug, could the kernel in any way affect this behavior?

Thanks ;)

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
Marcusant,
Just want to double-check before I post a bug on the CM9 issue tracker.

I have noticed that incoming calls, I see the number, but there is a massive delay in showing the contact name that has that number, a lot of times I don't get to see the contact name before I answer the call.

I don't think it does, but lest I get chided for not having the stock kernel and posting a bug, could the kernel in any way affect this behavior?

Thanks ;)

The kernel should not effect this and it seems to be a bug with all ICS roms. I have no personally experienced it but I've heard it before.

steelers_exe

Apr 9, 2011
Ok, for some reason, I still cannot restore a nyan nandroid. I have tried full factory wipes, reflashing cm9, and just keep getting bootloops. What I end up doing is reflashing cm9 and gapps, then just restoring data from the nandroid, and that works. I'm trying to restore a cm9 nyan colonel with blue mist theme v6 supercharged and 3g turbocharged.

Sent from my Supercharged CMNyan Epic 4G

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
Ok, for some reason, I still cannot restore a nyan nandroid. I have tried full factory wipes, reflashing cm9, and just keep getting bootloops. What I end up doing is reflashing cm9 and gapps, then just restoring data from the nandroid, and that works. I'm trying to restore a cm9 nyan colonel with blue mist theme v6 supercharged and 3g turbocharged.

Sent from my Supercharged CMNyan Epic 4G

The blue mist theme probably broke it. I can restore nandroids fine.

Reactions: steelers_exe

bradbutter

Nov 3, 2008
Bronx, NYC
I don't have any green screen, but i am dim at boot. I also cannot get any usb mode other than charging.

Try using a different USB ... I had a faulty USB for 4 months thinking it was my phone or my PC .... used my moms USB one day and it mounted just fine ..I kept getting a windows error prior

Lueoldgregg

Mar 11, 2012
OEZQ9.png

New stats after completely discharging and charging up to 95%

I didn't mess with OC/UV at all since I put the new build on here and I still get bad battery life. I have nyan colonel 4.1 and v6supercharger on here as well and I cannot get my battery to stop draining so quickly.... help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please try shadow, samurai, and stock kernels also for a bit to see what one you like best! Don't choose a kernel because everyone else likes it or because it has a long feature list and fancy new shiny things.

6b32ae90-01ca-47b8.jpg

This is a kernel, not a full ROM... please use AOKP, MIUI4, or CM9 with this...

Atarashii - New/Fresh - This kernel was made to revolutionize what all of the current 'normal' Epic kernels have. I have added in tweaks and mods that were never before seen on the Epic, long forgotten, and from other devices such as the Nexus S and i9000.

Hopefully (probably) most other kernel developers will implement these new features and help keep the Epic current.

I prefer that you use NSTools to overclock and undervolt and do other tweaks. It is more featured than Voltage Control and this kernel supports it better. Voltage Control works fine too but I recommend uninstalling all cpu tools you have and installing NSTools.

I am not responsible to ANYTHING that happens to you or your phone as a result of using this kernel. Most things in this are experimental to a point but have been tested and confirmed safe.

Some of these features have NEVER been used before on the Epic, so don't expect everything that you are used to. Things can and will be different than usual.

Feature List

• Voodoo Sound v10 by Supercurio
    • Voodoo Color by Supercurio
    • Optimized compiler flags by netarchy and Ezekeel
    • Live OC (on the fly bus overclock) by Ezekeel (Use NSTools app, not voltage control)
    • Custom Undervolt by Ezekeel (Use NSTools app, not voltage control)
    • Misc. bugfixes
    • Battery Life eXtender (BLX) v1 by Ezekeel
    • OS tools compiled with O3
    • Swappiness set to 10 from 60 (Rodderik)
    • Voodoo mDNIe (keeps text sharp and backgrounds don't look like crap)
    • Defconfig tweaks
    • Overclocking (no need for enabling crap in Voltage Control)
    • Undervolting both via Voltage Control and NSTools (Ezekeel & nubecoder)
    • Tweaked ondemand
    • Tweaked conservative
    • Optimized SIO
    • Optimized deadline
    • Added TINY_PREEMPT_RCU
    • Added optimized CRC32 algorithm
    • Optimized ARM RWSEM algorithm
    • JHash 3
    • Added SLQB memory allocator
    • Add 3 Button Reboot
    • Increase default readahead to 1024kB
    • Voodoo Color defaults that do not suck
    • Allow CPU-supported unaligned accesses
    • Some SD/MMC tweaks (might reduce wakelocks)
    • mDNIe is enabled but tweaked to look good
    • Swag

Major thanks

• Ezekeel
    • Team Glitch
    • Epiccm team
    • bbelos
    • nubecoder
    • nullghost
    • rodderik
    • supercurio
    • Aprosamurai
    • thomasskull666
    • Many many others

Source
    https://github.com/marcusant/Atarashii

Download
    v5 w/ Voodoo: http://marcusant.com/nyankernel/epic/nyan_v5_perm.zip
    a0e5cca4fdc856c4468f8188e5d0c871

v5 w/o Voodoo: http://marcusant.com/nyankernel/epic/nyan_v5_perm_noVoodoo.zip
    ce52381883c180a09aefb2e3e427e730

Replace TWRP with CWM (flash within TWRP with inject off): http://marcusant.com/android/epic/restore-cwm.zip
    Changelog​

v5 WiP
    -Update to beta3 of cm9
    -Change DVFS relayed things
    -Cypress touch key fixes
    -Update to kernel 2.35.13 (still listed as .7)
    -Switch to git SHA1
    -Add boot progress bar
    -Switch to crespo mdnie
    -Reduce log buffer size
    -Battery updates from infuse
    -KSM
    -ULP_FREQ lowered to 400mhz
    -Sysfs control for capacitive lights
    -Glibc versions of string and memcopy
    -Add proportional rate reduction
    -Fix Google Maps
    -Increase USB strength
    -More

v4.1
    -Fix green flashing to some extent

v4.2
    -Add TWRP (may go back to CWM) (Dees-Troy)

v4.3
    -Add some misc stuff
    -Switched to voodoo color settings from bbelos
    -Fixed some sleeping stuff and 100mhz (mkasick)
    -Increase USB strength
    -Add sysfs control for softkeys (bbelos)
    -Update to current beta3 of CM9 (still works on AOKP and older CM9 builds)
    -Fixed GMaps​
    Please uninstall NSTools if you have deep sleep issues and use Voltage Control.

Hehe...this sounds kinda like those medication commercials with all the side effects that seem much worse than what you're trying to treat in the first place:

"Ask your doctor about Nyan Colonel. Tell your doctor if you see flashes of green when you open your eyes, as this could be a serious eyeball gamma problem. Don't take Nyan Colonel if you have liver, kidney, or colon problems or if you have deep sleep issues. Side effects include overclocking, snappy menu response, increased battery life, and spontaneous fits of laughter when hearing the phrase "I love my iPhone"

You have to remember that I am not making this for YOU or even the community. I make this for MYSELF...