HTC One M8 MHL cable?

Search This thread

naurto75

Jul 7, 2013
Hey guys Im looking for a good quality USB to HDMI MHL cable, that will work with the M8. Any good suggestions?

ou2mame

Oct 17, 2008
Lenovo Legion Y700
I have a cheap one I got for my Samsung s3, and it has an adapter that goes between the phone and the cable and if I don't use that adapter it works fine. I think the Samsung interface has a switched wire that's why it needs it. So not all cables are the same but if the universal one had a removable adapter it will probably work.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
How did you guys got it to work? I bought two different MHL 5pin adapters and none worked. The MHL symbol does appear on the phone but there is no image on the TV. I dont undestand and I am getting desperate, does someone has any tips?

Cheers

knightnz

Dec 12, 2009
Wellington
A "cheap" MHL cable will probably be MHL 1.0, which won't support 1080p (1080i @ 30Hz max rather than the 1080p @ 60Hz that MHL 2.0 supports)

Most MHL cables are also designed for use with recent Samsung devices, which use a proprietary MHL implementation, which is NOT compatible with non-Samsung devices.

The MHL "standard" is almost totally useless, mostly thanks to Samsung creating this confusion, plus the fact that almost no-one ever categorically states what version of the format (1.0, 2.0 and now 3.0) their devices are.

The new Sony devices support MHL 3.0, if they use a standard implementation then their adapters might be the way to go, assuming they eventually turn up and don't cost an arm and a leg.