[FIX] No Power Menu, No Lockscreen, Corrupt Efs FIX! Skyrocket and T989

Search This thread

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
u guys both have corrupt efs partitions, that's why nothing saves. Once I get a proper dump I'll make a zip u can flash through cwm to fix ur problem.

To speed things along, if u know any users who have an unrooted untouched stock skyrocket let me know

Reactions: mimart7

mimart7

Nov 30, 2011
NYC
u guys both have corrupt efs partitions, that's why nothing saves. Once I get a proper dump I'll make a zip u can flash through cwm to fix ur problem.

To speed things along, if u know any users who have an unrooted untouched stock skyrocket let me know

Many thanks, looking forward to it.

StolenVW

Mar 20, 2012
Elizaville

i have a nandroid backup of my stock 2.3.5 and 2.3.6 that i made with CWM before i rooted and installed the ICS leeks

aqs2k

Jan 18, 2012
same issue here - flashed UCLC5 Note Modem

Using Rogers , and I have the exact same problem.

I flashed the Note Modem and now power Menu no longer appears ( just shuts down ).

I also cant create "keystr" file in imei folder using root explorer.

I'll try method2 later tonight an report back.

I got the modem from the Develop Thread (SKY ICS UCLD2--- 4.2D-6) ROM. I dont have 10 posts yet otherwise I would warn others in there :(

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Ok, I tried EFSFix.zip through CWM and then method2 again and still no luck. I cant mount the EFS partition and ADB does not detect it.

Is it possible to create a CWM flashable zip that reformats the efs partition and puts back the stock efs folder files? I appreciate everything you're doing icenight89 .

Last edited:

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
Using Rogers , and I have the exact same problem.

I flashed the Note Modem and now power Menu no longer appears ( just shuts down ).

I also cant create "keystr" file in imei folder using root explorer.

I'll try method2 later tonight an report back.

I got the modem from the Develop Thread (SKY ICS UCLD2--- 4.2D-6) ROM. I dont have 10 posts yet otherwise I would warn others in there :(

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Ok, I tried EFSFix.zip through CWM and then method2 again and still no luck. I cant mount the EFS partition and ADB does not detect it.

Is it possible to create a CWM flashable zip that reformats the efs partition and puts back the stock efs folder files? I appreciate everything you're doing icenight89 .

well that's the plan, ur just another user waiting on it lol. I need a fresh untouched phone to dump from. Until then its a waiting game

Reactions: aqs2k

cmglol

Mar 27, 2012
I couldn't put anything in my imei folder, so what I did was i copied it to the root of my sdcard, created the keystr file there, then copied the folder back to /efs and it worked :)

aqs2k

Jan 18, 2012
I couldn't put anything in my imei folder, so what I did was i copied it to the root of my sdcard, created the keystr file there, then copied the folder back to /efs and it worked :)

I tried doing this and it still did not work.

I copied the imei folder to root of SD Card. Then created the keystr file and edited it ( it created the keystr & bak file just fine ). Then I tried copying the folder back to the efs folder location ( it told me it was sucessfull, however when I went into the imei folder, it still did not have the keystr file in there ( it only copied keystr.bak ).. I have a feeling there already exists a keystr file in there that may be corrupt or something.

I even tried deleting the whole imei folder ( it said it was sucessful, but as soon as I went up one directory and came back, the imei folder was still there ) - like its permanently stuck in read only mode.

Last edited:

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010

I copied the imei folder to root of SD Card. Then created the keystr file and edited it ( it created the keystr & bak file just fine ). Then I tried copying the folder back to the efs folder location ( it told me it was sucessfull, however when I went into the imei folder, it still did not have the keystr file in there ( it only copied keystr.bak ).. I have a feeling there already exists a keystr file in there that may be corrupt or something.

I even tried deleting the whole imei folder ( it said it was sucessful, but as soon as I went up one directory and came back, the imei folder was still there ) - like its permanently stuck in read only mode.

as I've already said, YOU have a corrupt efs, along with some others. U were the unfortunate few who really screwed up there phone with note radio. I'm working on a fix, hang tight. I know no lock screen and lack of power menu are annoying, but your phone still works.

Reactions: uhhdoug and aqs2k

uhhdoug

Aug 24, 2010
london ontario
can confirm as user of no lock/pwr menu that method 2 is not working.

skype me if you'd like to go though any ideas/need a Guinea pig
douglasjyoung

picture.php

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

as I've already said, YOU have a corrupt efs, along with some others. U were the unfortunate few who really screwed up there phone with note radio. I'm working on a fix, hang tight. I know no lock screen and lack of power menu are annoying, but your phone still works.

icenight I will find and thank everysingle post you have ever posted if for this :p

Dwolf16

Aug 8, 2010
Buffalo, NY
i just tried to find a MK video saying it has begun and then the MK theme song...unfortunately there hasn't been a video created

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
can confirm as user of no lock/pwr menu that method 2 is not working.

skype me if you'd like to go though any ideas/need a Guinea pig
douglasjyoung

picture.php

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

icenight I will find and thank everysingle post you have ever posted if for this :p

As an aside, you missed a slash infront of efs when u pushed the file, that's why you got an error. We are currently working on it though, hopefully i can get it to you guys soon.

As another aside, i would not mind all those thanks at all! ;)

Reactions: Dwolf16

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If your phone shuts straight down after pressing the power button and your have no lock screen, read below for solution. Before you do any of this, please note that this was caused by the note radio, aka uclc5, and if u still have it, please remove it! Also causes include a corrupt efs partition. This guide will help to restore key files important to the operation of your phone

There are three methods available. The first and second one are recommended. If you are uncomfortable with adb and command prompt please use method one

UPDATE: This has been confirmed as working on T989!

WARNING!
    Method 3 is only to be used if one and two fail, or if you are positive your efs is corrupt!

Original source for solution, with a few method changes by me:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1438451

METHOD ONE

1.) Use busy box installer from the market and re-install even if u have it working

2.) If step one doesn't work, install super su updater, and update it, then try step one again.

3.) Boot into cwm and dark side wipe 3x

4.) Flash rooted 2.3.5 from thread below

5.) Boot into rom and install root explorer

6). Navigate to /efs/imei/

7.) Press menu and select new file

8.) Name it "keystr" exactly as in quotes

9.) Long press keystr and select edit in text editor

10.) Type "ON" and press back, selecting save.

11.) Reboot and make sure keystr file is still present.

12.) Now u have a few options. U can flash ics back using either Odin one click (UCLA4 or UCLD2), but I don't recommend this. Flash one of the ics roms from the development section, we have great devs!

Rooted 2.3.5 zip:
    http://d-h.st/ce75z460t847

METHOD TWO

1.) You must have the Samsung drivers installed for the skyrocket, available from here:
    http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...ng_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.14.0.exe

2.) Once installed, download the attached zip, its a copy of ADB with the needed file inside

3.) Unzip to any location

4.) Boot phone into cwm

5.) Go into Mounts and Storage, and select "mount /efs". Once done connect usb cable to phone and computer

6.) Open command prompt and navigate to the unzipped adb. Issue the following command "adb devices" it should list phone

7.) Now issue the following command "adb push keystr /efs/imei"

8.) Reboot phone and check presence of keystr file in /efs/imei directory with Root Explorer

METHOD 3
    Flash attached EFSFix.zip in cwm and reboot.

A SPECIAL THANKS AND SHOUT OUT TO:
    mahausrath and Colombiano80 for providing the efs dumps i needed
    cmbrown for being a faithful tester!

hopefully we get some other biters soon, i'd like to double confirm its working lol
    k, im gonna have to take some time and think this through.
    working with iceknight as i have a stock/unrooted phone. hope i can help you guys fix your issues.