[Q] Battery Taking Too Long to Charge

Search This thread

JJ2525

Sep 29, 2012
I've had my N2 for a few weeks now. Suddenly, it has taken much, much longer to charge the phone. I calibrated the battery, drained it to 0 and plugged it in. 3 hours later it's still at 50% (and the phone is charging while off. Any suggestions?

kcaz

Oct 3, 2010
Are you using the stock wall charger and cable that came in the box?

xfaega

Jan 8, 2007
The reason the battery is taking so long to charge is because you ran it down to 0. If you want your batter to last longer it's best to use the 80 / 20. What I'm saying is use the phone down to 20% and recharge back to 100%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: twanskys204

luc.highwalker

Oct 26, 2012
I've had my N2 for a few weeks now. Suddenly, it has taken much, much longer to charge the phone. I calibrated the battery, drained it to 0 and plugged it in. 3 hours later it's still at 50% (and the phone is charging while off. Any suggestions?

May be a faulty battery. Contact Samsung (I'm assuming that by n2 you mean note 2) and they'll probably send you a new battery.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.

livingaboard

Jan 29, 2012
I only had one issue, yesterday, and it was that my phone showed 25 percent charge on stock white Samsung charger/cable and I knew it had been on the charger longer than that. I rebooted and it showed 74%. Not sure what the hell this was about.

xfaega

Jan 8, 2007
Old rules by what standard? Anytime using lithium type of battry is best not to run it down to 0%. I guess you don't have much experence with them besides your phone. I use them everday for my hobby. Sure you can run them down to 0% if you like replacing them quicker.

JVogler

Mar 3, 2010
Huh? Its a lithium battery...those old rules dont apply. A little quick google on lithium batteries will explain this.

More than likely slow charges are due to a slow charge plug/cable...many prior posts on the charger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old rules were for NiCad tyoe batteries, where you did want to run them down to 100% and had to deal with other issues. If you do end up doing that Google search you will find the advice given is pretty accurate. Staying out of the high and low ends for long periods will give you many more cycles.

-- Note II, TapaTalk II--

andrawer

Jun 3, 2011
Old rules by what standard? Anytime using lithium type of battry is best not to run it down to 0%. I guess you don't have much experence with them besides your phone. I use them everday for my hobby. Sure you can run them down to 0% if you like replacing them quicker.

my bad.:crying:

I realize now that I actually misread your post and thought your were saying the opposite....I think something is wrong with me?:confused:

PRATS228

Aug 30, 2011
Buddy i am having the same problem ... did you find any sloutions
i went to service centre those assh**** have no idea and said that note 2 is a bigger phone so it will take 6 hrs to fully charge.
pl help me out

JVogler

Mar 3, 2010
I know this would be obvious, but I figured I will ask anyway. Are you still running the stock kernel, or are you possibly running one without the capability to accept the 2.1A charging?

geniolanc

Oct 2, 2012
I know this would be obvious, but I figured I will ask anyway. Are you still running the stock kernel, or are you possibly running one without the capability to accept the 2.1A charging?

How can I check this??
Full charge of my Note 2 is at least 10 hours, it's to much

I have 4.1.1 original firmware

pterry30

Dec 10, 2010
Plattsville
I have a telus note 2, I am running stock software, rooted, I drain battery down to 10% and takes abour 2.5-3 hours to fully charge with stock cable and charger. I have noiced on a custom room it always taking longer to charge. I always charge with phone off.in doing this , I usually can get longer life out of the battery as well.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Premium HD app

pterry30

Dec 10, 2010
Plattsville
Just to show proof of battery. This is with lte turned off and stock 4.2.1 software

Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Premium HD app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361623504680.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361623504680.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 165
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361623528403.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361623528403.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

JVogler

Mar 3, 2010
How can I check this??
Full charge of my Note 2 is at least 10 hours, it's to much

I have 4.1.1 original firmware

You would know if you were running a different kernel. You would have had to install it yourself. If you are All stock (ROM, AC adapter, cable) then you have something defective.

Here is my screenon time with everything running all the time on cleanROM with 6400 mah battery.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361662351062.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361662351062.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 132

TheNetwork

Apr 6, 2011
Batteries will last thousands of cycles charging to 100% from 50, but maybe 300 cycles charging from 0 to 100. Don't run your battery down so much. Charge it when you're not using it.

prabhav12345

May 3, 2013
Note2 battery drain problem

I too facing battery drain problem in my samsung galaxy note2 from last 1 week after installing lattest software update.

Previously my note2 was charged quickly in within 2 hours. After software upgrade, which came as push message, my battery takes almost 5-6 hours to charge from wall plugin source.

Can any body help me in restoring previous version of software??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The reason the battery is taking so long to charge is because you ran it down to 0. If you want your batter to last longer it's best to use the 80 / 20. What I'm saying is use the phone down to 20% and recharge back to 100%.