[Q] Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000M keeps rebooting

Search This thread

etiennenoel

Jul 10, 2014
Here's my problem:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000M that keeps rebooting after trying to install a custom recovery so that I can root it.

What I did

I followed the steps (1 to 11), of Installing a custom recovery on Galaxy S mentioned in the following page:

wiki,cyanogenmod,org/w/Install_CM_for_galaxysmtd

After that, I simply unplugged the usb, there were no errors, and removed the battery and now what I get is the simply that my device reboots after the boot logo. IF I hold down volume + home + power I can boot in download mode. However, I cannot boot in recovery or in normal mode !

Here's a video of what it is doing youtube,com/watch?v=Wie9eZYyECw

What I have tried

Removing the battery and reboot the cellphone
I tried to redo step 7, heimdall flash --kernel zImage --no-reboot, but I still got the same error

Paget96

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 29, 2013
Krusevac
Here's my problem:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000M that keeps rebooting after trying to install a custom recovery so that I can root it.

What I did

I followed the steps (1 to 11), of Installing a custom recovery on Galaxy S mentioned in the following page:

wiki,cyanogenmod,org/w/Install_CM_for_galaxysmtd

After that, I simply unplugged the usb, there were no errors, and removed the battery and now what I get is the simply that my device reboots after the boot logo. IF I hold down volume + home + power I can boot in download mode. However, I cannot boot in recovery or in normal mode !

Here's a video of what it is doing youtube,com/watch?v=Wie9eZYyECw

What I have tried

Removing the battery and reboot the cellphone
I tried to redo step 7, heimdall flash --kernel zImage --no-reboot, but I still got the same error

try flash other recovery, older version, if that dont help, try to wipe everything from recovery (data,cache,dalvik). and ther reboot

Paget96

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 29, 2013
Krusevac
Ok ok. I have two questions for that, first, do you know where I can find the stock rom. And secondly, can I do that via download mode since it is the only thing I can access ?

sure ;)
wait
I found android 2.3.5 stock official firmware :)
can this ?? :)

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=4379

this is latest for it :)

Instructions
Extract (unzip) the firmware file
Download Odin v3.09
Extract Odin zip-file
Open Odin v3.09
Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes

etiennenoel

Jul 10, 2014
Thank you for that ! I have one question, I have plugged my phone in my computer, however, Odin does not detect it. My phone is recognized as Gadget Serial, do I have to do somehting so that my phone will be recognized ? I have tried to install the following drivers without success ! xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=961956

Last edited: