[Q] Is your Xoom plagued by random reboots?

Search This thread

theahlenius

Feb 12, 2011
Atlanta
Not a single reboot. Some FC's really at it's worst. I've had some issues with the market not downloading apps the first time around, but other than that my Xoom has been very easy to get along with.

Just for comparison's sake, mine isn't rooted yet.

kjdocs

Feb 28, 2011
Monroe
No reboots until I OC'D. Now it locks about once an hour even running at 1ghz. I would flash it to stock but my wife is sick of me "wasting my time on that thingy" I'm not complaining...hopefully a kernel that likes me will come out soon. Reboots on both koush and bigdogs kernel, even with everything stock.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Bauxite

Jan 20, 2011
Once, the first day I had it. But I haven't had a single browser crash or reboot for days and I've been actively using it to debug my applications for more than 12 straight hours.

cvela

Mar 2, 2011
Pushing this up to see how everyone is doing regarding reboots. I tend to get a bunch browsing, whether at stock or OC'ed. Haven't pinpointed an app or kernel.

ShinySideUpAZ

Nov 3, 2007
i bought my zoom 3 weeks ago. It runs always. I did not activate on Verizon so I'm using it as wifi only. I have a browser crash at least once per hour of surfing. 1 out of 5 times the browser crashes it crashes the zoom and rebooted. I find its most likely on graphic or flash intensive pages.

MikeyMike01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2010
I've used it nonstop since Sunday morning, hasn't rebooted once.

Sent from my Xoom

cvela

Mar 2, 2011
i will add that my reboots also appear to be in graphic and/or flash heavy sites as well. I used the xoom on wifi only until about the 11th. With the reboot happening on wifi connections raher than 3g. Both 11g 2.4ghz and 11n 5ghz.

Neolo

Jan 19, 2010
yes, yes and yes! Reboots every time. Once or twice a day. Factory reset useless.
Think that this is an OS issue

WarrantyVoided

Aug 3, 2011
My was rock solid for for months and months. then bout a week ago it started doing it. only thing different ive done is lately ive been changing the auto run permissions on some of the games ive downloaded. I understand this can be a risky business

apollyon0810

Mar 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
Only reboots I've experienced have been suffered from flashing buggy ROM's. Other than that, my Xoom has been the most stable Android device I've ever used.

Neolo

Jan 19, 2010
Only reboots I've experienced have been suffered from flashing buggy ROM's. Other than that, my Xoom has been the most stable Android device I've ever used.

really?
http://androidforums.com/xoom-support-troubleshooting/324879-xoom-freeze-restarts.html
http://www.xoomforums.com/forum/mot...a-xoom-keeps-rebooting-itself-during-use.html
Xoom 2 users are almost all plagued by this ****! :mad:
Only one thing Motorola saying is to send unit to them for stupid repair!

Last edited:

Dane Bagley

Feb 22, 2012
Erie
I have had my Xoom since launch and have not experienced many problems. My Xoom has been reborn with Team EOS nightlies and I believe the Xoom is one of the best tablets out there now.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium HD app

Draxin

Mar 31, 2012
Oregon
I purchased my xoom 3g off ebay, i did keep having random reboots off stock rom fairly often (couldn't tell you the frequency but definitely enough to notice.) I still had a couple of random reboots after root and Eos developmental rom 74(stingray??), but since 77, no, not at all actually.

turagol

Sep 1, 2008
After each random reboot you can start a terminal and then type "cat /proc/last_kmsg", that should give a clue as to what might have caused the last crash.