[APP] Megavideo - finally on your Android! (NO flash required)

Search This thread

RotxeD

Jun 25, 2010

hello guys, i'm one of the Megavideo application developer. let me say something about the current situation.

Megavideo asked us to remove our application because it lacked some key features, such as an integrated video player and other things. we are currently working on their implementation, so a new version of the application is expected to be released sooner or later. unfortunately, we can't give you any kind of ETA, because these features are very hard to do.

one more thing. we know that many of you still have the 0.64 version of the application, which isn't working anymore. that is not our fault: Megavideo.com changed a bit its systems, so the application is incompatible with it. the fix is pretty straightforward, but we cannot release a temporary one, we have to work on the official until it's completed! sorry for that..

anyway, if you want more informations, or if you have got any questions or if you even want to help us, please visit us at MegaDevs or send us a mail at megadevs@gmail.com

we are very fast in answering, so please write us guys, we do really need your collaboration!

cheers

Sebastiano
MegaDevs team

The Megavideo application has been taken down and removed from the Android Market.
This is because Megavideo asked us to remove it: we will have to fulfill some more specifications and to grant its quality.

We actually don't know WHICH specifications and WHAT quality, but we have to follow their directives. We are truly sorry for this inconvenience, please mind that this is not up to us.

We will keep you informed about any news or further development that will lead to a re-publishing of the application through our website http://megavideo.megadevs.com.

Thanks for your understanding.

Stefano, Sebastiano, Dario, Alessandro
MegaDevs Team

Last edited:

RotxeD

Jun 25, 2010
I've been using, "TV Shows Stream" (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=903351) lately. It works well, but will give this a try.

the concept of our application is slightly different. with Megavideo you can actually download videos, that is to say, you can watch them offline.

what is more, if you start download and then press "Play" while you're still downloading, you can stream the video!

hope this explains the whole thing better :)

Archon810

Feb 19, 2010
Oakland
Do I understand correctly that you are not the official team behind the Megavideo company itself? I'd like to confirm this.

RotxeD

Jun 25, 2010
Do I understand correctly that you are not the official team behind the Megavideo company itself? I'd like to confirm this.

Yes, you are right. Anyway, we are constantly in direct contact with Megavideo company, in order to get the official endorsement for this application.

Because of that, we are going to provide user support and important updates (as I am writing, a critical update has been released). Please note that this is still a BETA version, but the main functions should work without problems.

We are open to any kind of suggestion and errors feedback. This is very important to help us improving the application!

CruzECO13

Jun 2, 2008
Woot!!! Working great on my EVO. Pretty simple. Place link/code in search - Watch video within seconds :) Awesome. Good Job with this.

Pecio

Jun 26, 2010
What error are you facing, exactly? Please note that a critical update has just been released, so try the new version and let us know.

After the update, it works, but the video is very laggy, and there is almost no audio...tried to overclock from 600 to 800mhz and no change at all...

Oh, and Android keeps giving me the message "megavideo error" without giving more details

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

RotxeD

Jun 25, 2010
After the update, it works, but the video is very laggy, and there is almost no audio...tried to overclock from 600 to 800mhz and no change at all...

This is due to a bad video or to the flv player. Have you tried another player? We suggest RockPlayer and VPlayer. Please check both the video and the player and let us know.

Oh, and Android keeps giving me the message "megavideo error" without giving more details

This is an AdWhirl issue, but not all devices are affected. We are currently fixing that, so the application won't crash anymore.

Last edited:

Pecio

Jun 26, 2010
Ok, tried with vplayer and it works...thanks a lot!

ginuxoide

Jan 9, 2011
Continuous crash when download with my optimus one
Fortunely when i restart continue download but this is frustrating

Your app is great and i hope you fix this bug
Guida job

ginux con tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

hello guys, i'm one of the Megavideo application developer. let me say something about the current situation.

Megavideo asked us to remove our application because it lacked some key features, such as an integrated video player and other things. we are currently working on their implementation, so a new version of the application is expected to be released sooner or later. unfortunately, we can't give you any kind of ETA, because these features are very hard to do.

one more thing. we know that many of you still have the 0.64 version of the application, which isn't working anymore. that is not our fault: Megavideo.com changed a bit its systems, so the application is incompatible with it. the fix is pretty straightforward, but we cannot release a temporary one, we have to work on the official until it's completed! sorry for that..

anyway, if you want more informations, or if you have got any questions or if you even want to help us, please visit us at MegaDevs or send us a mail at megadevs@gmail.com

we are very fast in answering, so please write us guys, we do really need your collaboration!

cheers

Sebastiano
    MegaDevs team

The Megavideo application has been taken down and removed from the Android Market.
    This is because Megavideo asked us to remove it: we will have to fulfill some more specifications and to grant its quality.

We actually don't know WHICH specifications and WHAT quality, but we have to follow their directives. We are truly sorry for this inconvenience, please mind that this is not up to us.

We will keep you informed about any news or further development that will lead to a re-publishing of the application through our website http://megavideo.megadevs.com.

Thanks for your understanding.

Stefano, Sebastiano, Dario, Alessandro
    MegaDevs Team
    Do we have to consider this app dead?

It has been a long time since last news, and unfortunately my lg p500(optimus one) can't play flash videos, and even with an unofficial flash player installed, the streaming does not works, or it works crappy...

Wish we can have some news from you guys...

Inviato dal mio LG-P500 usando Tapatalk
    For those who have megavideo still on their phone, i suggest to use moboplayer, till now the only player without lag, problems with audio sync and so on, at least tor me

Hello. Thank you very much for this app, is great!

but i have a problem: The app works good, I put a link and the video start downloading. But when I play it with...:

-Vplayer; the video go slow and pixelated, is not good
    -Rockplayer; the video is pixelated, and no audio

My device is a LG optimus One P500 (dont support flash). Do you know any solution?

thanks a lot!

this can either be due to unsufficient processor performance or to a bad video. can you please try to watch a small flv video? you could also try to overclock the CPU from 600mhz to 800mhz and see if the issue is solved.

i suggest you to use VPlayer, as it is lighter than RockPlayer.

unfortunately, until we will be able to implement an integrated player, we can not guarantee on third party players.. let me know if you can manage to try what i suggested!
    Well, I have tried to watch a small video (.mp4 file 899KB) with Vplayer, and it seems to go much better, but no perfectly. It will be due to processor....

the problem is that videos in megavideo are really bigger, probably is imposible that my device be able to watch videos without problems.

I must try to do that you say about CPU, overclock from 600mhz to 800mhz, but I cant do it...xD Can you tell me how can I do it? (I´m not root)

Thank you very much, the app is really great;)

i think you should ask Pecio, he has the same device as you have and was able to solve his lagging issues in this same thread.

check out his post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11635744&postcount=14

if you manage to get a solution, please report it here so others can benefit from it :)