[Q] OMG FINGERPRINTS!!!!1111one

Search This thread

benutne

Mar 13, 2009
So I have been pretty much just living with the fingerprints on my Hero since there was no other method of input on it but now that I have the Shift, the fingerprints on the touchscreen are driving me crazy. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good screen protector that doesn't show prints?

I'm worried that my constant wiping of the screen will prematurely scratch it.

southernstyle

Jan 19, 2008
I use a zagg protector, its not bad. You will get fingerprints but I don't think they're that noticeable. Of course eating chips and touching the phone is probably always going to leave a fingerprint but otherwise I recommend zagg

Sent from your Mom's Jitterbug

jesusice

Dec 22, 2010
I haven't tried it but I saw someone say they apply Rain-X to the screen periodically and makes wiping the prints off easy.

^ Shift Faced

Enraged21

Apr 17, 2011
Orlando, FL
I use lens cleaning wipe on my anti glare screen protector periodically. Can't really see fingerprints. But the pores do happen to absorb oil..

Evo SHIFT

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
i hate fingerprints too, i use the anti glare screen protector that comes in the 3 pack from sprint, 2 regular and 1 no glare and i love the no glare one, although it kinda washes out the screen its very worth the no fingerprints

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
I like the screen protector I got from Zagg. Little hard to get used to at first, cause it's kind of feels funny. But it seems to keep glare down, and definately no fingerprints.

woodfinx

Jun 1, 2010
If you do get the Zagg I wouldnt plan on having a case. Over time the case will lift up the corners of the shield and it will start peeling off.

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App

woodfinx

Jun 1, 2010
Fwiw ive used mine since January with no protection and no scratches on the screen. If it gets smudges I just wipe it on my shirt.

Jedman67

Jun 14, 2011
NYC
Fwiw ive used mine since January with no protection and no scratches on the screen. If it gets smudges I just wipe it on my shirt.

Or pants, or jacket, or gloves.... :lol: (speaking of gloves, with winter on the way, any decent touchscreen gloves out there?)

Sent from my rooted and CM'd PG06100 using XDA App

snoopjedi

Sep 11, 2011
I've used a Skinomi(skinomi.com) protector on both of my Shifts, and rarely notice fingerprints (it does smudge, but not badly). It does have a mild "orange peel" effect if you look at it from the side with the screen off, but it does not affect the direct viewing angle, and there is little discernible texture.

The nice thing is that they are guaranteed not to scratch, so I don't have to futz with it.

Enraged21

Apr 17, 2011
Orlando, FL
i hate fingerprints too, i use the anti glare screen protector that comes in the 3 pack from sprint, 2 regular and 1 no glare and i love the no glare one, although it kinda washes out the screen its very worth the no fingerprints

Yeah I also notice the no glare protector kinda dulls the screen. I took it off and it looked more vibrant. I ended up switching to a regular screen protector.
Has anyone tried the mirror one? Is it worth it?

Evo SHIFT

F

FdxRider

I use a silicon based liquid wax that has NO ABRASIVES . Apply it once a month,fingerprints wipe off easily and your finger slides across the screen easy.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Yeah I also notice the no glare protector kinda dulls the screen. I took it off and it looked more vibrant. I ended up switching to a regular screen protector.
Has anyone tried the mirror one? Is it worth it?

Evo SHIFT

I have never used a mirror screen protector but i did have an LG Shine a mirror phone and all i can say is trying to even see what time it was outside was like looking into the sun
Sent from my Supreme Shift using Tapatalk

HTCotta

May 14, 2008
Or pants, or jacket, or gloves.... :lol: (speaking of gloves, with winter on the way, any decent touchscreen gloves out there?)

Sent from my rooted and CM'd PG06100 using XDA App

Don't spend money on touchscreen gloves, just take your favorite pair of gloves and sew a couple loops of conductive thread (available in many places online) into the fingertips.