My own st.pid Thread with st.pid Questions

Search This thread

youthdn

Nov 12, 2011
Jinan
well, I complied if someone wants to test, it doesn't have any mounts configured other than the ones rebellos left in the initramfs config, but if you get it to execute it should display a boot image when started correctly. Use the same method as for the S8500 version tut but don't bother putting the filesystem (ext2system.img) in, also you'll have to use an S8530 compiled FOTA, i'm not sure if you have to use the same sbl or different sbl file, for the kernel unzip this file and rename it to zImage.

do this at your own risk, it's still possible for these incomplete kernels to corrupt bada installs.

(this kernel is for S8530)

I'm not a dev. I want to try this but I don't have a right FOTA ,When I try to flash the FOTA of S8500KK7,I found the adress is 0x3300000,It shows, ERR:fota erase.but I put the FOTA of S8530ZCLB4 the adress is 0x9500000,Can anyone gave me a right FOTA?
I really want to run android on my wave,thanks

Last edited:

Soxix

Dec 28, 2011
Saverne
This question has been answered several times... But anyway you can find all links on the topic made by Rebellos on project progress. That's to say here

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
Reactions: mylove90

Rebellos

Senior Recognized Developer
May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
Reactions: adfree and hero355

mikegapinski

Jun 7, 2011
Szczecin
Hi guys ! I have fixed my pc and I am back to work on my icy port ;) I managed to run system on software acceleration with launchers,scrolling, etc :) Now I work on 3D accel. It is going to be hard bcos kernel .32 doesn't have any pvr drivers inside... I need to port them from other icy kernel (2.6.x not 3.0) ... I choose that https://github.com/syndtr/samsung-kernel-fascinate/commit/482a79f760fc57f02a2fe60b633799d2c066c138 and those libs https://github.com/syndtr/pvr_binaries :) After fixing that I will make new movie ;D

princepsp

Apr 19, 2011
i have wave :) but no uart but you can send image

Edit: Where i can found uart and dalvik debug ...?

Last edited:

mikegapinski

Jun 7, 2011
Szczecin
I read that I am gonna need kernel .35 at least to run the drivers, on 32 all the gpu **** is propietary and needs ko module in ramdisk ... If someone had ever fired up 35 contact me on pm, I need it so much ;( Currenrly it stays on:

Reactions: adi4u4882

adi4u4882

May 7, 2011
Chennai
@mikegapinski Can you upload the alpha version? If not to everyone only to few members who wants to help and make the port faster :)

Reactions: adfree

princepsp

Apr 19, 2011
i think if you make public build.everybody find bugs and this port will more stable.And Sorry For My English.(Please try to understand me)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys !

This is android 4.0 on Wave S-8500 :D

I got the system +10% of working :D got touch and launched settings to make proof screenshoot:

Thanks, i will open a web page and post new thread ASAP. I need to get to PC in school :)
    well, I complied if someone wants to test, it doesn't have any mounts configured other than the ones rebellos left in the initramfs config, but if you get it to execute it should display a boot image when started correctly. Use the same method as for the S8500 version tut but don't bother putting the filesystem (ext2system.img) in, also you'll have to use an S8530 compiled FOTA, i'm not sure if you have to use the same sbl or different sbl file, for the kernel unzip this file and rename it to zImage.

do this at your own risk, it's still possible for these incomplete kernels to corrupt bada installs.

(this kernel is for S8530)
    Your friends from work and leaving android port project on the second wave did leave
    And now we're back on working on working on the wave?
    We can not wait to see how Android is the only port on the wave.
    Second wave, then what?
    Now that you have a strong team after what you just wave port?
    Other owners have exhausted our second wave
    Wave 2 is the port you tell us?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

As Rebellos said, the progress of android on Wave II is about the same than on Wave I. The only difference is the screen driver that is (nearly) entirely working. So the port made for Wave I is also for Wave II. Just be patient.