[ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2 )Task650 (3.19.2013) (WIFI ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sw6lee

Apr 20, 2011
Thats not a problem with this rom. Thats a problem with the theme you are trying to flash. You need to take it up with whoevers theme that is.

k I'm sorry,I posted in the wrong thread. I want ed to post on your honeycomb Rom, the task 14. I'll post it there and you can reply back to me in the thread. the theme I'm taking about four that Rom was provided by you. but I'm afraid you won't update that Rom as it is now outdated..

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
k I'm sorry,I posted in the wrong thread. I want ed to post on your honeycomb Rom, the task 14. I'll post it there and you can reply back to me in this thread. the theme I'm taking about four that Rom was provided by you. but I'm afraid you won't update that Rom as it is now outdated..

Nope. That ROM and whatever goes along with it are dead. ;)

MatDiggy

May 16, 2011
Stockholm
Sv: [ROM]Official ICS *The Beginning* (Rooted,Insecure Kernel, Init Support)WIFI ONLY

This thread is going to change in the future.

screenshot2013010620042.png

sent from my AT&T SGS3

Long time since I checked this thread. Still running this rom with yoda kernel and I'm still quite pleased with it. Thought this project was dead but dude, if you will bring a Task-flavored AOKP rom to this old boy, I for one will switch in a Heartbeat ;)

Sent from my HTC One X

volja1971

Dec 15, 2011
Tallinn
thanks for the response but nothing is working tried holding power while plugged with finger on screen still nothing any other suggestions ?

If you did try reboot (hold power button for 10 sec.) and what Task suggested. Then i am afraid my friend that your battery reatched the lovest minimum that Li ion battery can handle in this case the only suggestion to get a new battery.

nick7920

Dec 28, 2007
ad hoc wifi

I read that ad hoc wifi should work with this Rom - it is not working for me. I had Task650 honeycomb before and it was working at that time.
wifi tether app works with win 7 but tablet cant even see the ad hoc wifi. is there a new wpa_supplicant for ics needed to replaced.

Thanks in advance

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
Re: [ROM]Official ICS *The Beginning* (Rooted,Insecure Kernel, Init Support)WIFI ONLY

I read that ad hoc wifi should work with this Rom - it is not working for me. I had Task650 honeycomb before and it was working at that time.
wifi tether app works with win 7 but tablet cant even see the ad hoc wifi. is there a new wpa_supplicant for ics needed to replaced.

Thanks in advance

Works fine for me, first time no problems.
Tethered to a stock nexus 4. Although, i am assuming the nexus is an ad-hoc hotspot, i very much doubt that it does infrastructure-mode, so yeah, ad-hoc works.

Sent from my GT-P7510

nick7920

Dec 28, 2007
Works fine for me, first time no problems.
Tethered to a stock nexus 4. Although, i am assuming the nexus is an ad-hoc hotspot, i very much doubt that it does infrastructure-mode, so yeah, ad-hoc works.

Sent from my GT-P7510

Thanks

not sure it is true but I also read that phone has to be on Ics or higher(nexus 4 is) for tablet to see as adhoc wifi, any one had success on lower version .

Thanks

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
Thanks

not sure it is true but I also read that phone has to be on Ics or higher(nexus 4 is) for tablet to see as adhoc wifi, any one had success on lower version .

Thanks
I have an old Huawei device that I use for testing, I can spin that up with a couple of different ROM's and see how I go.
It'll be a few hours (I'm still at work) but more than happy to do so. I'll PM you when I do, as well as post it here.

Edit: yeah works fine, this is an old stock froyo rom, unrooted, that i used to have issues with tethering on waaaay back when i first got my tab.

Last edited:

|flyte|

Sep 8, 2010
Vernon
Re: [ROM]Official ICS *The Beginning* (Rooted,Insecure Kernel, Init Support)WIFI ONLY

Though 4.1 or 4.2 would be nice. This Rom is bangin!

Well at least a Task build of AOKP 4.2.1 would be awesome. I'm not sure anyone is getting great results from the 4.2.2 releases out there..

Task, care to comment and shed some light on your plans for this tab?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

naturalstamina

Nov 12, 2011
So i am on task's galaxy task 14 - GT-P7510 Android Version 3.2 P7510UEKMN and kernel version 2.6.36.3 root@DELL85 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Dec 7 14:21:31 KST 2011

It's great job that you got the cameras finally working! im excited to try it.

Can i just download ROM manager and flash new CWM and then download tasks new ICS rom to device, wipe and flash and it will work?

or it is REQUIRED to update bootloader also? and if so, i remember flashing a bootloader through odin when i first got this, but have since forgot, does anyone have link to simple and easy to follow tutorials for doing this starting from new laptop and drivers, i have a new computer since then because my old one have problems

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

ok i believe its all up and running, do i run the software update?

Last edited:

jctello1

Apr 10, 2011
New York
Finally the king is back to take his well deserved seat at the throne......glad to have you back bro.......hope all is well with you and your family......I think I speak for many of us here when I say....thank you for giving this 2+ year old device another dance .....

Undead Epic PacMan V2.1

jittusm

Nov 28, 2010
Bangalore
one request to the op. Will u compile a p4 build? I know all ur previous builds are for the Wi-Fi versions. so if u can build for p4 i am more than happy to test it and give u feed back. just a request ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to bring you guys some AOKP releases with other mods and code changes to the Galaxy Tab 10.1.​
    wurd2.png

A Big Thanks Goes to the AOKP Team & CyanogenMod Team. Without their source this wouldn't be possible. Go thank them, tweet them, and donate to them. Also a HUGE thanks to mrgoat for the hosting!!!​
    If you decide that you are not going to read all of the information provided in this OP then GTFO.​

screenshot2013031918222.png

screenshot2013031918195.png

screenshot2013031918201.png

RULES​

1.) You must read the Installation Instructions before installing this ROM or posting in this thread.

2.) If you don't like how I run this thread. Leave. You do not have to be here and you are not forced to read it. You are doing so on your own free will.

3.) If you don't like something that someone has to say. DO NOT RESPOND!!! It's that simple. Your personal opinions DO NOT BELONG HERE! Please leave them out of this thread. I will do the responding and so will the Moderators.

4.)This is not a "captain save a hoe" thread. It's not your job to stand up or fight for what you believe in here. This is a development thread! Leave it at that!

5.) Search before posting here. You are most likely not the only one to have the question/issue.

6.) Have fun in this thread. I don't mind if we have some fun, joke around, or whatever. As long as it's fun. ;)

7.) If you're going to post here, keep it to this ROM and this ROM only (unless its fun as mentioned above). It is useless to compare to Stock ROMs, CM10 ROMS, ect...

changelog2.png

Code:
    [B][U][I]AOKP 4.2.2 Jellybean 3.19.2013[/I][/U][/B]
    Initial release...
    I've disabled the bootanimation for now as I don't like how sh$tty the standard bootanimations looked on this device. So it will just be a black screen on boot up for now. I will be creating a custom one for future releases. ;)
    OTA Updating will not be activated for a couple releases. I want to test the waters here first.
    This has the latest kernel from pershoot
    I forgot to fix the dimensions in the Lockscreen Target Setup so I will be fixing those for next release. You will have to set them up while in Portrait Mode. ;)

installation1.png

Make sure you have CWM or TWRP Recovery
    MAKE A NANDROID
    Boot into recovery
    Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik cache, then go into mounts & storage and format system (if using CWM). To format system w/TWRP, select Wipe then System!!!(If already on AOKP 4.2.2 you should be able to just wipe cache & dalvik. If you have ANY ISSUES, FULLY WIPE BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD!!!)
    Flash ROM
    Flash Gapps
    Reboot

downloads4.png

You have to flash Gapps every time you flash an update!

Jellybean
    NEW!!!
    AOKP 4.2.2 Jellybean Build 3.19.2013
    Download HERE

Mirror
    Download HERE

NEW!Gapps for Jellybean (4.2.2) 3.4.2013
    Download HERE
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kernels
    Underwear Kernel (My rendition of the stock CM Kernel. It's the one packaged with this ROM.)
    Coming Soon...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Releases
    None yet...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

contribute1.png

If you want to donate to me just click the "Donate to me button" under my avatar or click the PayPal Button ---->

These guys spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage them, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Roman
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk
    Donate to Sethyx
    Donate to SteveSpear
    Donate to MarcLandis
    Donate to Sixstringsg
    Donate to AdamtheCashew
    Donate to Xoomdev
    Donate to Birdman
    Donate to Khas'Mek
    Donate to Kwes1020
    Donate to JustReboot

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.
    ---->

source2m.png

Check out the ROM source ( https://github.com/AOKP ) on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.
    Thread has taken on a huge change. No more TW threads for me. Welcome to my AOKP. New release available in the OP for download. ;)
    This is a Dev thread - not the Off-Topic section, Facebook or Twitter

No-one cares that you're downloading the ROM or that you can't wait to flash it or that you just saw this thread and wet yourself with excitement.

If you have a genuine question or bug, then post here.
    If all you want to do is express your excitement or thanks, then do so by clicking the
    thank.png
    THANKS button on the OP or by donating some money to Task650, not by filling this thread up with crap.
    Just a little question what's the hate about p7500? I mean it's the same device with a modem and 1 extra icon and 1 extra menu for 3g options and thetering

I know you only own a p7510 but also does pershoot and Maple syrup but they supports 3G as well... How hard could it be for you to support it too

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda premium

i dont want to support 3G
    This thread is going to change in the future.

screenshot2013010620042.png

sent from my AT&T SGS3