[APP][2.0+]SmartSilence - Silent Mode Scheduler

Search This thread

AggieDev

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2013
SmartSilence is my Android app on the Google Play store that I have just released yesterday, and any feedback would be much appreciated.

g5bBz7W.png

What is SmartSilence?
This app allows you to put in the times during the week that you want your phone to be on silent. Put in your work hours, any meeting hours, etc. And the app will set the phone to vibrate/silent during these times, and when the time is up it puts your phone back into the previous mode it was in.

Because this app was originally developed by me for my own personal needs, one thing I felt was missing from many competitors was the ability to schedule a "One-Time Event" setting that presents you with a calendar instead of checkboxes for days of the week. This is for any one time even you will have in the future that you will want your phone on silent/vibrate for, such as a one-time meeting or an interview on a specific date. Once that time has passed, the phone will go back into its previous mode and the event will delete itself from the schedule.

Fixes:
  • 1.2 - Fixed Bug where notifications wouldn't show until Settings was opened at least once.

Looking for any suggestions and bug reports as I have just released the app!

OesPtDq.png
iLVRs3M.png

CODf6sv.png
gRHgCY0.png

Last edited:

Dodgylegs

Aug 13, 2010
Great job. Can't believe no one else has picked up on this.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Reactions: AggieDev

Espaa Valorum

Sep 22, 2010
Neat app, going to test it for a while, see how it works.

Suggestion: The setting of the time looks nice and all, but i tried scrolling the hours / minutes up / down, which turns out to not work well, because it also causes the screen to scroll if you don't hit it just right for example. It's a frustrating experience to try to set the time that way. Clicking the up / down arrows works fine.

Possible bug: It's a little past 10pm, and i just created a schedule that goes from 10pm to 8am. Yet the sounds are still on...?

Last edited:

tyraelasd

Nov 28, 2010
Concepcion
Absolutely fantastic, I haven't installed it yet but it was JUST what I was looking for ages. I'll definitely give you feedback once I use it for some days.

Thanks a lot

AggieDev

Apr 2, 2013

Suggestion: The setting of the time looks nice and all, but i tried scrolling the hours / minutes up / down, which turns out to not work well, because it also causes the screen to scroll if you don't hit it just right for example. It's a frustrating experience to try to set the time that way. Clicking the up / down arrows works fine.

Possible bug: It's a little past 10pm, and i just created a schedule that goes from 10pm to 8am. Yet the sounds are still on...?

For the bug, can you give me information on what day you set it for? If you want it to go overnight, you set it for the day of the week that the time starts at, i.e. if you want it from Tuesday night - Wednesday morning, you check tuesday and put 10pm to 8am.
Also, if you set it for to go overnight (by setting the end time to before the beginning time) it will tell you it is overnight where the time is displayed (ex. 10pm - 8am (overnight))

Last edited:

AggieDev

Apr 2, 2013
And thank you guys! It has been my college side-project for the past few months and am excited to see it finally on the store. I will actively update it daily if any bugs are reported.

Espaa Valorum

Sep 22, 2010
For the bug, can you give me information on what day you set it for? If you want it to go overnight, you set it for the day of the week that the time starts at, i.e. if you want it from Tuesday night - Wednesday morning, you check tuesday and put 10pm to 8am.
Also, if you set it for to go overnight (by setting the end time to before the beginning time) it will tell you it is overnight where the time is displayed (ex. 10pm - 8am (overnight))

I set it for all days of the week.

Last night before i went to bed, since the app hadn't silenced the phone, i manually put it in silenced mode (hold down power button, select "sound off" option from menu) as i normally do. Just a minute ago i manually turned the sound back on again the same way, even though the schedule i set up was from 10pm till 8am.

AggieDev

Apr 2, 2013

Last night before i went to bed, since the app hadn't silenced the phone, i manually put it in silenced mode (hold down power button, select "sound off" option from menu) as i normally do. Just a minute ago i manually turned the sound back on again the same way, even though the schedule i set up was from 10pm till 8am.

It works with those settings on multiple devices I have tested it on. I have PM'd you to further figure out the problem.

elite_gamer04

Oct 30, 2006
AggieDev, saw this over at Reddit, but couldn't find a way to contact you - wanted to say great work and I LOVE IT!

One quick question is there a possibility of adding like a 'Whitelist' and 'Repetitive Dialer' options - I like to have my phone go on Silent from around like 10pm-8am but would like to allow through certain Contacts in case of an emergency (wife, parents etc). Or if its work, they know to call me a number of times if the matter is urgent.

Love the clean interface, would just love to see these features added :D

AggieDev

Apr 2, 2013
AggieDev, saw this over at Reddit, but couldn't find a way to contact you - wanted to say great work and I LOVE IT!

One quick question is there a possibility of adding like a 'Whitelist' and 'Repetitive Dialer' options - I like to have my phone go on Silent from around like 10pm-8am but would like to allow through certain Contacts in case of an emergency (wife, parents etc). Or if its work, they know to call me a number of times if the matter is urgent.

Love the clean interface, would just love to see these features added :D
Thanks for the feedback! And it's in the works!

cbrake

May 1, 2013
Akron
bec-systems.com
airplane mode

Hi. Nice App -- thanks! Would it be possible to add an option to schedule airplane mode times? I set my phone to airplane mode at night to avoid extra radiation in the room, so it would be handy to be able to schedule this automatically.

gman265

Jun 10, 2012
Giving it a try

Thanks for the app. I have been using ring scheduler for year to accomplish this task. Unfortunately, it is a pain in the butt for those one time events. Giving your app a spin.

markatmgpc

Dec 17, 2006
St Mabyn
Another +1 for Google Cal, I work a 4 on 4 off shift so I need to schedule every 8 days rather than weekly, If it could do that or read my calender you have another sale.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SmartSilence is my Android app on the Google Play store that I have just released yesterday, and any feedback would be much appreciated.

g5bBz7W.png

What is SmartSilence?
    This app allows you to put in the times during the week that you want your phone to be on silent. Put in your work hours, any meeting hours, etc. And the app will set the phone to vibrate/silent during these times, and when the time is up it puts your phone back into the previous mode it was in.

Because this app was originally developed by me for my own personal needs, one thing I felt was missing from many competitors was the ability to schedule a "One-Time Event" setting that presents you with a calendar instead of checkboxes for days of the week. This is for any one time even you will have in the future that you will want your phone on silent/vibrate for, such as a one-time meeting or an interview on a specific date. Once that time has passed, the phone will go back into its previous mode and the event will delete itself from the schedule.

Fixes:
    • 1.2 - Fixed Bug where notifications wouldn't show until Settings was opened at least once.

Looking for any suggestions and bug reports as I have just released the app!

OesPtDq.png
    iLVRs3M.png

CODf6sv.png
    gRHgCY0.png
    Great job. Can't believe no one else has picked up on this.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Absolutely fantastic, I haven't installed it yet but it was JUST what I was looking for ages. I'll definitely give you feedback once I use it for some days.

Thanks a lot