[APP][2.3+] Miniature Preview Camera released

Search This thread

OctoberApps

Aug 4, 2013
Hi,

Today I have released free camera app named "Miniature Preview Camera".
Miniature Preview Camera

The following is a link to apk.
View attachment 2373645

You can capture miniaturized photo with real time preview.

Miniaturized photo is created by so-called tilt shift effect. However,beautiful miniaturized photo also requires good photo composition and objects which matches up with tilt shift effect. So this app offers real time preview of tilt shift effect. You can capture the best miniaturized photo while you are watching result of effect.
It also offers test for EDIT mode which makes you to add tilt shift effect to the image in gallery.

This is my first camera app.
I am worried the fact that behavior of android camera is very dependent on the device.
So I would appreciate if you could try it and give me some feedback.

forum.jpg

forum2.jpg

Last edited:

unknown25

Jul 31, 2012
Doesn't work on my Samsung infuse.
I can see image only for one second when I exit the app or else only black screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using xda app-developers app

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
Hi,

Miniature Preview Camera

Miniaturized photo is created by so-called tilt shift effect. However,beautiful miniaturized photo also requires good photo composition and objects which matches up with tilt shift effect. So this app offers real time preview of tilt shift effect. You can capture the best miniaturized photo while you are watching result of effect.
It also offers test for EDIT mode which makes you to add tilt shift effect to the image in gallery.

I am worried the fact that behavior of android camera is very dependent on the device.

View attachment 2324735

View attachment 2324736

Care to add the apk for those who cannot access the Play Store? Thank you.

Reactions: chrisg1

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
It works very well on Sony Xperia Z1.

Nice little app, thank you.

gyokzoli

Sep 4, 2012
Budapest
Works on Nexus 4 but crashed after a while when I adjusted the tilt shift effect.

Attachments

• Log_2013-10-15_10-45-39.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

OctoberApps

Aug 4, 2013
Thank you for problem report. It really helps me.
Some of them may be caused by not difference of camera but GPU... It is tough to debug problem which I cannot reproduce but I will try.

OctoberApps

Aug 4, 2013
Doesn't work on my Samsung infuse.
I can see image only for one second when I exit the app or else only black screen.

Hi unknown25,

Thank you for your feedback. I worked on this issue with the highest priority.
I have released version1.2 and I think this issue has been fixed. If you still have interests in this app, I would glad you could try again.

unknown25

Jul 31, 2012
Hi unknown25,

Thank you for your feedback. I worked on this issue with the highest priority.
I have released version1.2 and I think this issue has been fixed. If you still have interests in this app, I would glad you could try again.
It works... Thanx.
BT I felt a lag.
And also the app takes time to open.

Last edited:

OctoberApps

Aug 4, 2013
It works... Thanx.
BT I felt a lag.
And also the app takes time to open.

Hi unknown25,

It is good to hear the fix. And yes, this app requires lots of computing power and can be slow on some devices. Implementing performance improvement needs a little time but I will do it in next major update.

mgolder

Jun 21, 2010
Chorley
Crashed on LG G2 (D802) when trying to adjust zoom slider. Worked when adjusting effect slider. Picture captured.

odoneout

Feb 20, 2013
The Play store says this app isn't available for my phone (Nexus 4). I can find it using the play store app either, only the Pro version.

karimrim

May 31, 2012
Only half

Only lower half of picture is saved.
On I9100G with CM10.2 20131002 nightly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Miniature Preview Camera

The following is a link to apk.
    View attachment 2373645

forum.jpg

forum2.jpg
    Hi,

Miniature Preview Camera

View attachment 2324735

View attachment 2324736

Care to add the apk for those who cannot access the Play Store? Thank you.
    can you please upload the apk to your OP? I can't download it on my Nexus 4 and I'm really eager to try it out. Thank you
    APK Please? For some reason, it's not compatible with my S4 in the playstore...
    Thank you for all of your feedback and I have to apologize for Nexus4 issue.

Let me explain about Nexus4 support.This app has an known issue with Nexus4. And Pro version also has the issue. As I don't have Nexus4 and cannot test my app on it, I had to add device incompatible flag for Nexus4. However, I forgot adding device incompatible flag to Pro version. It was totally my mistake. I really hope anyone tried Pro with Nexus4 could cancel order... I added the flag just now to Pro version too (it may take a few hours that this change works on google play).

I will try to fix Nexus4 issue in some way. Sorry for this inconvenience.