[Q] Facebook app doesn't allow "most recent" setting for newsfeed

Search This thread

Andyw2100

Feb 11, 2008
I don't know that this issue is unique to our phones, but a friend with the same version of the Facebook app installed does not have this issue, so I thought it appropriate to post here.

I can not find any way to change my Facebook app newsfeed settings from "Top Stories" to "Most Recent." I can't find newsfeed settings on the app at all. I know where they used to be on other phones, using other versions of the Facebook app. And my friend, running the same version of the Facebook app has the option available.

Am I just being dense and not finding it, or is it really missing for us with the M8? If so, is it missing for everyone running KitKat?

The Facebook version on my Verizon M8 is 7.0.0.26.28.

Thanks.

dazbutler1

Jun 14, 2010
boosbeck
I don't know that this issue is unique to our phones, but a friend with the same version of the Facebook app installed does not have this issue, so I thought it appropriate to post here.

I can not find any way to change my Facebook app newsfeed settings from "Top Stories" to "Most Recent." I can't find newsfeed settings on the app at all. I know where they used to be on other phones, using other versions of the Facebook app. And my friend, running the same version of the Facebook app has the option available.

Am I just being dense and not finding it, or is it really missing for us with the M8? If so, is it missing for everyone running KitKat?

Thanks.

click on the right hand tab (fifth one). scroll down and click on most recent

Last edited:

skyline23

Oct 12, 2013
Saratoga

Thanks.

That's an app issue.

FB will pump out different user experience versions to different users at will.

Reactions: Andyw2100

Andyw2100

Feb 11, 2008
click on the right hand tab (fifth one). scroll down and click on most recent

Yes, the right hand tab is where all the settings are, but there is no setting for "most recent" or for Newsfeed. The subheadings I see there are Favorites, Pages, Groups, Apps, Friends, Interests, and finally, at the bottom, Settings.

Under Settings, there is no option for Newsfeed. App Settings are there and also Account Settings, both with lots of options, but none have an option for Newsfeed settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.

That's an app issue.

FB will pump out different user experience versions to different users at will.