[Q] LG G2 battery life with other roms and buttons

Search This thread

matanc1

May 21, 2011
I'm considering switching to a G2 from my Galaxy S 2.
My main concerns with the G2 are the buttons on the back and LG's rom.

So my questions to you G2 owners are:
1. is the battery life still great after rooting and changing the rom? Since i rooted my GS2 the battery life became terrible and I"m afraid of that happening again.

2. How are the buttons on the back? Do you eventually get used to it?

Thanks!

MoneymakerM6

Jul 24, 2010
I'm running cyanogenmod 10.2 on my d800 and the battery is even better than stock. Been using it for 2 hours straight with screen on the whole time and I'm still at 95%

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Intub8

Mar 3, 2012
1) I don't even use the buttons. 2) one Rom might work great for one person and not another. 3) this belongs in the q and a section.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium HD app

nottaclue1

Oct 16, 2006
1) On my G2 I didn't notice much of a difference in battery life after rooting, however, I am running a stock rom and I found that CarrierIQ seemed to be burning a lot of my battery. After disabling CarrierIQ, my battery life increase was noticeable. I have not tried a custom rom yet. The stock rom isn't bad once you get rid of the branding clutter and clean up the notifications area.

2) I came from an iphone and it took me about a month to get used to the back buttons. I hated them at first and didn't use them at all, just the knock on feature on the screen. I am used to them now and I actually rather like the location. There certainly isn't anything wrong with side buttons on most phones, but there isn't anything wrong with them being on the back either. I know lots of people complain about the button location. I rarely use the knock on feature now. Only if the phone is setting on the desk and I want to check something without picking it up. You will get used to it and maybe even come to like it better like myself.

omarayyoub

Apr 12, 2014
when i was roted, battery become very bad, even charging too slow and hot, before rooting battery still 1 weak under hard gaming tests, but now cant still with 1 day :crying:
my device d802, im under PARDUS [rom], classic 7, its very great rom, but cant help my battery, i tried many roms.
any body can help?