Help cloning my phones? (no not that kind of cloning)

Search This thread

nerys71

May 13, 2008
OK I have 4 Note 3's

I want them all to be identical and its such a PAIN doing it manually. so I made a CWM backup copied that to the other note 3 and restored it.

the restore itself worked great. alas some of the apps simultaneously crashed (xxxx has stopped etc...) (maybe 15-20 apps flipped out)

apparently the apps can tell its on a different device and does not like it even though its identical hardware. (some crappy form or DRM maybe ??)

even the google apps flipped their crap.

the only fix was to uninstall and reinstall (or update) all the apps that screamed at me and then they worked fine.

alas some I can't figure out HOW to "uninstall and reinstall" (picasa uploader ???)

any suggestions? is there no way to keep a "common" backup that will work on all 4 devices?

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
OK I have 4 Note 3's

I want them all to be identical and its such a PAIN doing it manually. so I made a CWM backup copied that to the other note 3 and restored it.

the restore itself worked great. alas some of the apps simultaneously crashed (xxxx has stopped etc...) (maybe 15-20 apps flipped out)

apparently the apps can tell its on a different device and does not like it even though its identical hardware. (some crappy form or DRM maybe ??)

the only fix was to uninstall and reinstall (or update) all the apps that screamed at me and then they worked fine.

alas some I can't figure out HOW to "uninstall and reinstall" (picasa uploader ???)

any suggestions? is there no way to keep a "common" backup that will work on all 4 devices?

no each divice has a different id. restoring the same id to all 4 devices your asking for trouble. why not just flash all with same rom ., let the user setup their own device.

Reactions: micmars

idone

Jul 7, 2006
idoneapps.com
OK I have 4 Note 3's... is there no way to keep a "common" backup that will work on all 4 devices?

I had done this on 3 s3's we had on virgin mobile. I did minimal setup on the first one before the backup and only had to delete the google account I had setup on the first when I restored it to the other 2 and go to application manager and clear data for apps that uniquely identify your device. I didnt need to uninstall and reinstall the apps.... just clear their data.

If you make note of the apps you need to clear data on you would be on your way to having a more usable backup to restore between the 4. I was using a rom that didnt use csc and chameleon which is likely to cause extra problems Im afraid.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I as well did this on my old s3. I broke my s3 and received a replacement and just rooted it and got custom recovery and did a nandroid ROM restore and my new phone was identical to my old broken phone. Not sure about the Note 3 though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK I have 4 Note 3's

no each divice has a different id. restoring the same id to all 4 devices your asking for trouble. why not just flash all with same rom ., let the user setup their own device.