[Q] ICS 4.0.5 coming to i9020a this month (march)?

Search This thread

Swivelgames

Jan 20, 2011
i9020t users look like they're enjoying it... But I haven't heard a peep from anyone else saying they've received 4.0.4 or 4.0.5

I'm really getting impatient! They did this last time with the Galaxy S (captivate) for AT&T. I'm going to throw my phone against the wall of Google cops out on yet another device they promised an update for. I won't go to the Galaxy Nexus. Not if they're going to play these games with us.

fyi: androidcentral dot com/android-404-ota-gsm-nexus-s-now-available

Everyone there with i9020a seem to be complaining they didn't get it. *sad face* :(

One of the big issues I'm having is the fact that Google announced specifically that UMTS/GSM + HSPA devices will be receiving this. So far T-Mobile is the only people I have read that have received this update.

Source: Android on Google+
( https plus dot google dot com/u/0/104629412415657030658/posts/NgGwavbmkQ7 )

EDIT After contacting both Samsung and AT&T, they claim the i9020a doesn't even exist. This is wonderful.

Last edited:

xda<3

Jul 6, 2011
i9020t users look like they're enjoying it... But I haven't heard a peep from anyone else saying they've received 4.0.4 or 4.0.5

I'm really getting impatient! They did this last time with the Galaxy S (captivate) for AT&T. I'm going to throw my phone against the wall of Google cops out on yet another device they promised an update for. I won't go to the Galaxy Nexus. Not if they're going to play these games with us.

fyi: androidcentral dot com/android-404-ota-gsm-nexus-s-now-available

Everyone there with i9020a seem to be complaining they didn't get it. *sad face* :(

One of the big issues I'm having is the fact that Google announced specifically that UMTS/GSM + HSPA devices will be receiving this. So far T-Mobile is the only people I have read that have received this update.

Source: Android on Google+
( https plus dot google dot com/u/0/104629412415657030658/posts/NgGwavbmkQ7 )

EDIT After contacting both Samsung and AT&T, they claim the i9020a doesn't even exist. This is wonderful.

THIS IS NONSENSE. I'm so furious right now. This is not even fair. WERE STILL ON FU**ING GINGERBREAD 2.3.6. I want ICS. It's not fair that t-mobile users get it. It's not only the AT&T users that aren't getting it. Here in Canada on Rogers/Fido we aren't getting the update either. They better release it for our variant soon or I will flip.

sahil kaul

Nov 16, 2011
We have a 4.0.4 OTA on the way

We already have an OTA 4.0.4 on our way. However CWM flashable version is available now. Check the development section. ;)

caliban2

Mar 9, 2009
sure, you can flash this on 9020a:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1569509

BUT:
you need clockworkmod to flash it, and this means you have to unlock your bootloader first.
why this rom works? while it is close to stock, it is not a real stock-zip. it doesn't contain bootloader, radio and recovery. so those three stay untouched on your 9020a. further on it's deodexed and rooted - not really stock, right? :p

also i'm quite sure once/if there is an official update for you guys, you won't get the push.

what the...?! :eek:
wow... the question is not if, but how unfriendly did you react?! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

sahil kaul

Nov 16, 2011
And its really fast and bug less and finally battery drain no longer an issue...
Yaayyy :)

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

rasengan82

Nov 19, 2011
So it looks like it's the operators (ATT/Sprint/etc) not giving the thumbs up to Google to release the OTA to our phones. JBQ mentioned it on twitter he's still waiting for Operator approval.........

sahil kaul

Nov 16, 2011
At least I'm glad they have come out with the AOSP :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

xda<3

Jul 6, 2011
Oh my. The images for the AOSP still haven't been released for the sojua. That means the OTA update will take even longer.

caliban2

Mar 9, 2009
Nah, first ota for GSM from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 came before the sources. It's only now that they're pushing additional ota's for 2.3.x as well.
But yes, it still has to suck owning a 9020a...

sahil kaul

Nov 16, 2011
[QUOTE=xda

You always have an option to update manually. If you want it so badly you should go ahead and do that :rolleyes:

Sent from my Super Fast Nexus S

xda<3

Jul 6, 2011
xda You always have an option to update manually. If you want it so badly you should go ahead and do that :rolleyes: Sent from my Super Fast Nexus S[/QUOTE said:
But I have an i9020a... I know it's possible to flash the uckf1 radio but android dev said the i9020t and i9020a run slightly different androids, and you could encounter problems by flashing the i9020t onto the i9020a. Damn google, they freaking hate the i9020a for some strange reason....