[MOD] HQ Camera For ONE X - |1080p@20Mbps| - BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Rageypeep

Feb 21, 2011
Exeter
Er... I just flashed this... The phone just locks up after I press the shutter, no photo is taken and now I don't have a working camera... Can you make a flashable zip of the stock camera please? :-(

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

jermx

Oct 10, 2009
Does this mod affect speed of shutter and takin photos?
better pic means bigger file means will take longer to process?

dwd3885

May 20, 2010
Er... I just flashed this... The phone just locks up after I press the shutter, no photo is taken and now I don't have a working camera... Can you make a flashable zip of the stock camera please? :-(

this happened to me the first time. but then it worked after i tried another shot

Rageypeep

Feb 21, 2011
Exeter
Ok I have found the bug that kills the camera, only one photo at a time can be taken with out restarting the app, the second will always crash the app. Burst mode does not work, will crash the app. Also taking a picture while taking a video will crash the app.... Was this just a port from the sensation? You know the HTC One phones have 2 shutters instead of the sensations 1... Bug being when the app swaps to use the 2nd lense shutter it will crash :-(

NODO-GT

Dec 20, 2010
Tbilisi
this happened to me the first time. but then it worked after i tried another shot

Ok I have found the bug that kills the camera, only one photo at a time can be taken with out restarting the app, the second will always crash the app. Burst mode does not work, will crash the app. Also taking a picture while taking a video will crash the app.... Was this just a port from the sensation? You know the HTC One phones have 2 shutters instead of the sensations 1... Bug being when the app swaps to use the 2nd lense shutter it will crash :-(

thanks for report I'll look into it.
and this is not a port from sensation, it's based on One X stock camera

dwd3885

May 20, 2010

I have found none of this to be true..

knightrocker

Oct 31, 2010
Bangalore

errr ... actually its only called dual shutter ... the shooting at the same time stuff is with one sensor ... that is why you only get 5mp pictures when you shoot during a video ... cuz true hd is 3mp and the other 5 is used for the pic ...

dwd3885

May 20, 2010
hm...

Rageypeep, I would advise you to try and reflash camera.

i reflashed just so i can be sure it's the new one. Any way to tell for sure?

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

although it doesn't seem like the video bitrate is any better. Seems like decent lighting and I'm getting 6-7mbps

Lo_RaT_PeNaT

Aug 5, 2008
Valencia
when using the burst shooting, the application is stuck, is the only thing I could try so far, however, if the photos are made one by one, works well, so you must correct in terms of continuous shooting the camera, the video I could not see anything until now, thanks.

dwd3885

May 20, 2010
when using the burst shooting, the application is stuck, is the only thing I could try so far, however, if the photos are made one by one, works well, so you must correct in terms of continuous shooting the camera, the video I could not see anything until now, thanks.

continuous shooting works for me

Rageypeep

Feb 21, 2011
Exeter

Ohhh I was starting to feel like the odd one out :)

Audioboxer

Aug 24, 2010
Maybe the inconsistencies have something to do with the ROMs people in here are running?

Basil3

Inactive Recognized Themer
Apr 4, 2008
Dublin
Continuous shooting doesn't work for me either, and a 10 second 1080p vid came back 7.5mb.

Edit: running Leedroid's latest ROM.

Edit again: Have also flashed auto brightness fix.

Last edited:

Rageypeep

Feb 21, 2011
Exeter
Maybe the inconsistencies have something to do with the ROMs people in here are running?

A very good point, I'm using ARHD Rom. Also mabe where the device was made, Taiwan/China, there have been reported probs with the Chinese made phones, maybe slightly different camera?

EDIT: Mines made in Taiwan

Last edited:

Audioboxer

Aug 24, 2010
A very good point, I'm using ARHD Rom. Also mabe where the device was made, Taiwan/China, there have been reported probs with the Chinese made phones, maybe slightly different camera?

Sadface! That's the rom I'll be running in 2 hours once my new One X charges. Sitting waiting on me haha. Mines is built in Taiwan and from the initial look out of the box the hardware is sound. Obviously not tested the screen on/software yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HQ Camera For One X

camera_lens_with_blueruy4s.jpg

This is popular HTC Sensation MOD for HTC One X. This MOD gives you ability to take uncompressed Photos and shoot video in doubled bitrate which dramatically increases quality.
    Take full advantage of new camera sensor in HTC One X and One S.

V1.0 Beta - For 1.26 based ROMs
    • 1080p Video Recording @ 20mbps!
    • Increased Video Recording Quality
    • Rebuild Camera App with 0 Compression For Better Performance
    • 0 Compression on JPG Images.
    • Increase size cap of Images.
    • Improved Quality of Images.

Flash from recovery to Install

Downloads:

v1.0 BETA Standard 20mbps (Removed due to bugs)

Video samples 20mbps (FROM HTC SENSATION):

Changelog:

Code:
    [B]V1.0 - First Public Release[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]0 Compression on JPG Images.
    [*]Increase size cap of Images.
    [*]Improved Quality of Images.
    [*]increased bitrate 1080p @ 20Mbps!
    [*]Rebuild Camera App with 0 Compression For Better Performance
    [/LIST]

Special Thanks to |ErosizeD| & krogoth for help
    Can this mod also be used for one s or are there some changes to be made?

I'll be releasing One S mod too
    Flash and enjoy the power of One X camera :)
    Thread cleaned and closed.
    When the OP has download links ready, he can pm me or another mod to reopen the thread
    Why link remove

Um.... You could either read the OP, or two posts above yours. Whichever causes you less inconvenience :)