[Q] Earphone is very low during calls

Search This thread

TarekElsakka

Sep 27, 2008
Cairo
Hey guys

After the update to Sense 6 (InsertCoin 3) I have realized that the earphone of the device has become very low during phone calls - it's not so low that I can't hear the person I am talking to, but it makes it pretty difficult. The speakerphone is decent but the earphone isn't. I have the ProjectERA sound mod installed and Noise Suppression disabled, could that have anything to do with it? I must say the earphone was low on other Sense 6 ROMs I have tried as well, like ARHD 71, with and without ProjectERA.

Could it be a hardware issue or something with Sense 6 itself?

Thank you guys.

Reilly9

Jul 21, 2013
Armagh
Clean both grills with a paint brush or tooth brush *Stab the grills with the brush*. I had the same problem, after I cleaned both grills volume massively increased

TarekElsakka

Sep 27, 2008
Cairo
I am going to try the tooth brush method since I do not really have a paint brush at the moment. Thank you, sir.

EDIT: OH MAN THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I followed the instructions in this video just to make sure I do it properly. The amount of dirt that came out is unbelievable. Now the speakers sound a 10000% percent than they were. Thank you again!

Last edited:

Reilly9

Jul 21, 2013
Armagh
Glad to help my friend :)
I didn't notice any decrease in volume at all. I just cleaned them for the heck of it. Then I played some music and I was like "wow!"... You don't really notice as it happens slowly over time lol.