[Q] GPS Navigation Doesn't Work and Poor 3G/No 4G Service on Custom ROMs

Search This thread

ziggs4lyfe

Apr 20, 2012
Hey guys, don't know if this is the right forum, so sorry if it's not.

On almost ALL custom ROMs I've flashed since my original HTC One (M7), every time I start navigating somewhere using ANY GPS navigation app, the phone will give me an ETA, put the blue triangle on the map, and that's it. it won't actually navigate, the arrow will be off the screen, etc. When you pull down the status bar, it just reads "Searching for GPS" no matter how long I leave it sit. I'm attaching a picture of how Maps looks during "live" navigation, obviously nothing on the screen actually moves.

Also, this is less common in ROMs, but I often have low 3G service or none at all using custom ROMs in areas i'd normally have multiple bars of LTE. I know that's just a UI function but the dBm is different too. It will actually refuse to load pages on occasion.

Currently I'm running this ROM:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2716306

It has happened on multiple ROMs as well, so the ROM is unlikely to be the problem.

It also has no place to set your own APN settings (besides in Hangouts for MMS) and updating roaming capabilities hasn't ever helped.

What am I doing wrong with custom ROMs? Is it my SIM card?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-21-16-28-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-21-16-28-08.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 67

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
I have never heard of this before. That's crazy

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

You could always do the RUU an see if it works when back to full stock an if so then go from there. Just idea to try.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app