[BOOTANIMATIONS LINKS/INFO] [TUTORIAL] Galaxy Nexus Custom Boot Animations [23.08.13]

Search This thread

asphaltsally

MuT7

Apr 12, 2012
Oshawa
Normandy SR2 loading screen from Mass Effect 2, converted into a bootscreen:D

Normandy SR2 bootscreen

Err I didnt make a gif of it, but there is a pic

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,166

wilskywalker

Dec 30, 2009
Hi, all. I'm a noob and am having a blast making boot animations thanks to all the great info on this thread! When I try to add sound, using modaco's tutorial here
http://android.modaco.com/topic/343360-tutorialhow-to-make-your-own-android-boot-animations-with-sound-if-you-want/
I get an error when entering the text into terminal emulator. It says
No such user 'root:shell'
after I enter sh bootsound.sh
Anyone else have this problem? Know what I'm doing wrong? thanks in advance.

I am not sure this part of the tutorial works for Gnex currently unfortunately, sorry.

Reactions: asphaltsally

bengals1975

Aug 4, 2010
i have been trying to get the "haters gonna hate" boot animation working on my nexus but i can't seem to get the size right. I have it in 480*800 but when i resize the images to 720*1280 and change the resolution in the desc.txt, i get a black screen instead of the bootanimation.
can anybody help?

here is the link to the boot animation
http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/bootanimation/800x480/HatersGonnaHate/bootanimation.zip

Here, give this a shot. It worked on my phone.

All I did was crop the images so they would be the right size ratio (I made them 480X720). In order to do this I lost some of the space on the top and the bottom. You could probably resize them like you mention and keep the space on top and bottom but the animation will look a little squished.

If I were to guess what the problem was from what you did this is what I would guess:
1. You used the windows built in file zipper
2. You opened or did anything with the desc.txt file with notepad

Both of these programs will mess up the files. two great free utilities for these applications are 7zip and notepad++

Reactions: romainpicou

romainpicou

Nov 19, 2010
Here, give this a shot. It worked on my phone.

All I did was crop the images so they would be the right size ratio (I made them 480X720). In order to do this I lost some of the space on the top and the bottom. You could probably resize them like you mention and keep the space on top and bottom but the animation will look a little squished.

If I were to guess what the problem was from what you did this is what I would guess:
1. You used the windows built in file zipper
2. You opened or did anything with the desc.txt file with notepad

Both of these programs will mess up the files. two great free utilities for these applications are 7zip and notepad++

Awesome, I got it working! thanks for your help!

gardy09

Mar 9, 2011
Thornbury
hi everyone

sorry for what must seem a ridiculous question to some but I've followed the instructions regarding the empty zip file but when I come to try to flash via CWM i can't navigate to the required folder to flash the zip. any help would be very much appreciated.

thanks

Last edited:

wilskywalker

Dec 30, 2009
hi everyone

sorry for what must seem a ridiculous question to some but I've followed the instructions regarding the empty zip file but when I come to try to flash via CWM i can't navigate to the required folder to flash the zip. any help would be very much appreciated.

thanks

Hi buddy,

I'm assuming you are talking about navigating the file system from within the recovery on your handset.

Make sure you are choosing the following options:

install zip from sdcard/choose zip from sdcard/your_file_system/your_file.zip

Hope this helps!?

:D

Reactions: gardy09

FadedLite

Jul 10, 2010
California
socaldevs.com
AniBoot - Looking for animators

I'm the co-founder of SoCal Devs and the developer of AniBoot. My app allows people to easily change their phone animations. I am currently looking for animators to add on to the collection that I currently use. There is functionality to allow different resolutions, so it can support a plethora of devices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.socaldevs.aniboot

If anyone is interested, please pm me.

gardy09

Mar 9, 2011
Thornbury
hi mate, thanks for taking the time to reply, it's much appreciated.

I have put the boot animation zip into the /data/local dir, is that correct? I guess it isn't as it needs to be on the sdcard dir somewhere but I'm not sure where to place that file.

I'm familiar with the 'install zip from sdcard' in the CWM menu, I just can't seem to navigate to the /data/local dir within the CWM menu system?

Paul

Last edited:

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
I'm the co-founder of SoCal Devs and the developer of AniBoot. My app allows people to easily change their phone animations. I am currently looking for animators to add on to the collection that I currently use. There is functionality to allow different resolutions, so it can support a plethora of devices.

Can't wait to try your app!
Your app has some insane animations! Many I haven't seen. Thanks bud,

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

wilskywalker

Dec 30, 2009
hi mate, thanks for taking the time to reply, it's much appreciated.

I have put the boot animation zip into the /data/local dir, is that correct? I guess it isn't as it needs to be on the sdcard dir somewhere but I'm not sure where to place that file.

I'm familiar with the 'install zip from sdcard' in the CWM menu, I just can't seem to navigate to the /data/local dir within the CWM menu system?

Paul

Ah ok, I see what the problem is now, I think you have mixed together two different forms of installation by mistake.

You can use a root file manager from within android to move the actual bootanimation.zip to the /data/local directory within your file system, and then reboot.

or...

You can place the bootanimation.zip in the CWM flashable zip I uploaded and then flash it via recovery as you would any other ROM.

Hope this helps!?

lospatilos

May 3, 2012
To prevent spam to the forums, new users must wait five minutes between posts. All new user accounts will be verified by moderators before this restriction is removed.

wilskywalker

Dec 30, 2009

Hi buddy, I have added the following new section to the top post:

Applications

Here you will find boot animation related apps:

AniBoot! - Boot Animation Changer by: FadedLite - Google Play Link

Good luck with the continued development of your app!

Top Liked Posts