Well I just bricked my wifes phone..Help a dead husband?

Search This thread

butthurtlocker

Oct 29, 2013
Victoria
Hey guys. I had a ZL C6506 that was on 4.2.2. I succesfully rooted it and flashed Dual Recovery. I then tried to flash Utimateblack XZL rom (4.4.2). The instructions were to factory reset, wipe caches and then flash rom. Then flash a kernel (stripped kernel) with flashtool. I did everything to a tee and then it said just reboot and let rom settle. Upon reboot I get to the sony logo (with the backlit black screen) then the Sony logo goes away and this is where im stuck!

I can no longer get into recovery. I've tried hitting the reset button on the back and same thing. I CAN get into fastboot mode. I am wondering what I should flash to correct my situation as well as the steps to do so as i am a huge noob that was trying to impress my wife with my "hacking" skills. Any help would be super appreciated and I even don't mind donating if i actually manage to get it back to life!

melquisedec

Feb 14, 2010
Download the stock firmware. I recommend the 4.2.2 jellybean. Then download the flashtool and install it on your pc. Then connect your ZL in recovery mode and flash the firmware. Try it

Enviado desde mi C6502 mediante Tapatalk

Cookie Ninja

Jan 21, 2010
Exchange phones. I did likewise, and now she has my XZ, while I recovered the ZL and its now my phone.....

Dead Cookies leave no trails...

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

I notice you've had some experience in bricking phones for awhile.... Just buy her a new one....

Dead Cookies leave no trails...

melvinrobertson

Nov 3, 2013
Hey guys. I had a ZL C6506 that was on 4.2.2. I succesfully rooted it and flashed Dual Recovery. I then tried to flash Utimateblack XZL rom (4.4.2). The instructions were to factory reset, wipe caches and then flash rom. Then flash a kernel (stripped kernel) with flashtool. I did everything to a tee and then it said just reboot and let rom settle. Upon reboot I get to the sony logo (with the backlit black screen) then the Sony logo goes away and this is where im stuck!

I can no longer get into recovery. I've tried hitting the reset button on the back and same thing. I CAN get into fastboot mode. I am wondering what I should flash to correct my situation as well as the steps to do so as i am a huge noob that was trying to impress my wife with my "hacking" skills. Any help would be super appreciated and I even don't mind donating if i actually manage to get it back to life!

had you maded TA backup of your phone ?

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Its the problem with bootloader unlocking, if you have TA backup, relock your bootloader completely, and then flash any stock firmware, before you relock your bootloader, follow few steps, the problem arises because of busybox, dual recovery have specified busybox, remove busybox using this page
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/themes-apps/busybox-uninstaller-v1-0-remove-busybox-t1853419
, then remove dual recovery completly by flashing stock android 4.2.2 firmware for xperia zl, then completly relock your bootloader using flashtools and by restoring your TA backup, then you have completly branded xperia zl but not working one, then you can flash any stock firmware using flashtools, but for convinience you should repair your phone using sony pc companion, as pepair option in sony pc companion works with locked bootloader and unrooted phones, first choose repair option on sony pc companion, then connect your phone on flashmode, it must recognize your phone, but if it cant then you manually choose your phones model in the list, then it will download the latest firmware for your cell, and install the SUS files !
rply me if I had helped you !