I Screwed up... Help Please

Search This thread

iXNyNe

Dec 26, 2010
nemchik.com
So... GeoHotz new root works just fine on the latest 4.4 OTA, but if you try to install TWRP you wont be able to boot.
yell at me all you want for "i should have known" but now im stuck at the secure fail kernel yellow triable screen asking me to return to verizon for assistance.

root or no root, can anyone tell me how to get back on track? (im hoping for a way to flash back to stock, but i really dont care, whatever gets me working).

in the end i'd like to get off stock and onto cyanogenmod, but that's a low priority compared to a working phone

bobloblaw1

May 25, 2010
4.4 Ota???

Did I miss something?

Assuming this is 4.3, have you looked at any of the recovery threads?? Start here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639337

The boot loader hard brick thread linked in the op of the thread I posted is probably useful for you too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jhoutz

Jul 5, 2012
I think he has a galaxy s5...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

iXNyNe

Dec 26, 2010
nemchik.com
Sorry, I have a galaxy s3 i535 and it is on 4.3 and I managed to get it to boot back up by plugging it into my computer and using jodin3 allowed me to reboot "normal". The phone seemed to for some reason be continuously stuck booting into recovery mode which didn't seem to work because I had tried to install twrp. I have now installed safestrap and everything seems fixed. I haven't tried to directly boot to recovery from a powered off state, but I was able to get booted into safestrap via the app triggering it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

iXNyNe

Dec 26, 2010
nemchik.com
P.s. I had seen the 4.3 threads but for some reason I thought this device was on 4.4. It's the wife's and I wasn't paying close enough attention.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk