[Q] Issues with 4.3 on S3

Search This thread

viper35ninr

Dec 24, 2013
Hi there,

I have a rooted International version of S3. I recently saw that sammobiles posted the 4.3 version update for S3. So I went ahead and dowloaded the same. I installed the updates using odin Iniitially everything seemed fine. But on closer look I noticed that several options were either missing or greyed out. For eg: The option to add widgets to my home screen is greyed out.
Also when I go to about device tab I can see that the Android version which mentions 4.3 is greyed out.

Could you please help me enable these. Because I am pretty sure I downloaded the right version and installed the updates correctly too.

Thanks in advance !!

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Download the full stock rom, not just an update. Check the md5 of your download. Do a full wipe, including format internal sd card then reflash. Factory reset from recovery, before first boot, then test before you install/restore any apps or mods.

viper35ninr

Dec 24, 2013
Download the full stock rom, not just an update. Check the md5 of your download. Do a full wipe, including format internal sd card then reflash. Factory reset from recovery, before first boot, then test before you install/restore any apps or mods.

Hey boomboomer,

I think I downloaded the entire stock rom as the md5 was like 1.5 gigs. Also could you let me know how to do a factory reset before moving forward?

viper35ninr

Dec 24, 2013
Hey boomboomer,

I think I downloaded the entire stock rom as the md5 was like 1.5 gigs. Also could you let me know how to do a factory reset before moving forward?

OK, let me narrow down my issue. My main issue is that the " Lock Screen Widget " option that we see under "My Device" is greyed out. How can I activate that. Please help as this is one of the major attractions that made me update my android version.

viper35ninr

Dec 24, 2013
OK, let me narrow down my issue. My main issue is that the " Lock Screen Widget " option that we see under "My Device" is greyed out. How can I activate that. Please help as this is one of the major attractions that made me update my android version.

Hey I found it. It seems in order to add multiple widgets to the lock screen you need to have your home screen on standard mode rather than on dynamic mode.