[Q] Can't get recovery to load, shell won't work and HTC One freezes at Boot...

Search This thread

tazeo

Jan 12, 2010
I have followed a few of the tutorials with some success but did a mis-step somewhere along the way pursuing S-OFF. While not a total noob with modding (Consoles mainly) this is the first time I am truly lost in the process.

Excuse me if I use a wrong term here and there, I probably need to have a sleep as I have been working on this (from start of initial Mod) for about 17 hours straight (Overnight). :confused:

So I have a HTC One M7 UL that I have unlocked and has TAMPERED showing on the Boot screen. :good:

When I power it up it freezes at the white HTC powered by ANDROID screen.

I can get to the Boot menu, and I can select Recovery but it shows the screen for loading the which ever tool I have managed to flash (so yes I have the ability to flash and can swap between Clockwork and TWRP versions with flashing)

I can't list devices or start a shell session, as it thinks that USB debugging isn't turned on. Up until I caused the FUBAR USB connection was working fine.

Holding Power Button doesn't shutdown, just reboots, but can achieve shutdown through boot menu.

How do I get a working phone again?

tazeo

Jan 12, 2010
Ok I soleved it myself. Found a boot.img flashed it over and the custom recoveries work again. Now onto getting S-OFF so I can get Google Play Edition.
:D