[ ROM ][ ODIN ] Leaked ICS IML74K FB21 4.0.3 Build for Epic 4G Touch

Search This thread

vulcZ

Jun 17, 2010
Been running this for about 20 minutes and it's been running great. I did get one FC with the Wallpapers gallery when I was trying to change my wallpaper though. Also, I opened up Google Maps and the GPS locked on pretty quick. However, after closing maps I noticed the GPS icon on the top right corner didn't go away, and I had a notification about GPS finding my location, but I couldn't clear it. Then after that my phone started getting really hot. I just shut it down because I didn't want something bad to happen :p Never felt my phone get that hot before. Going to put the battery back in and play with it some more. On a side note, ICS is FAST! And awesome!

PinnerProxy

Dec 5, 2010
Gps locks but says im in hollywood? But im in long beach... California. Anyone know what to do?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
must have missed something... i cant flash zip via rouge recovery or tar via mobile odin. mobile says sure its flashed but baseband still fb15? recovery just sits there stuck at flashing modem. ideas?

Same boat..i goofed and didnt install the modem and now no cwm and mobile odin isnt installing the fb21 modem.. I did however flash fb21 successfully as far as the kernal and build goes with root through mobile odin

Sent from my E4GT with MiUi!

NORCALkID

Jun 23, 2011
Same boat..i goofed and didnt install the modem and now no cwm and mobile odin isnt installing the fb21 modem.. I did however flash fb21 successfully as far as the kernal and build goes with root through mobile odin

Sent from my E4GT with MiUi!

Cant you just flash modem on your computer usin odin?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Cant you just flash modem on your computer usin odin?

Yes you can.. But i dont feel like setting everything up again now.. Besides.. I just flashed rogues fb17 kernel through mobile odin.. Went into cwm and flashed the fb21 modem.. Now waiting for a fb21 kernel from team rogue.. Gps locks for me within seconds and is almost exact to where i actually am

tramane

Jun 11, 2005
Austin, TX
Any mirrors ANYWHERE
Theres 3 threads for the same link to the same site that says 404 error

NOW ITS WORKING

Im sorry for my impatience

My bad :(

Last edited:

ANTHONY81L

Account currently disabled
Jun 14, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
Im a little concerned about the one guy that posted after he got a gps lock his phone got extremely hot .. I dont like the sound of that at all

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PLEASE UNDERSTAND, THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL BUILD FOR A REASON, THERE WILL BE BUGS, SO DON'T WHINE IF YOU FIND ONE, FIND A FIX INSTEAD

Here is the complete tar for the FB21 build, I replaced the Sbl with the EG31 one so reset jigs will still work afterwards

Side note - If you having issues with drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers worked for me

Extract tar first, then flash tar file through the PDA option in Odin

D710_CODE_SPH-D710.FB21_CL159837_REV02_user_w_Sbl_EG31.tar.zip

And for those that just want the modem, here it is

E4GT_Modem_FB21.zip \ E4GT_Modem_FB21.tar - Zip must be flashed through a CWM based recovery & Tar must be flashed through the PHONE option in Odin

FAQ

If your having issues with Odin recognizing the phone after flashing this, use these instructions

Go to device manager, right click on the unknown device, update driver, click browse, let me pick from a list, select all(wait till it loads), find Samsung Co and install one of the ones that have modem in the name
    Gps locks but says im in hollywood? But im in long beach... California. Anyone know what to do?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

There isn't much difference. I'm in Orange and people call it Los Angeles. Either way, no one speaks English right?
    Hey, I didn't see this in the OP. Is the tar rooted?

No the tar is not. The zip is though.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
    I responded to the 5 people in the 5 places I had seen this question being asked during my search for answers ;) Made sure to reply to the people asking the question so they got notified ^_^
    Another update. Been playing with this ROM a lot for the last 12 hours or so and i must say this is definitely daily driver worthy. The only problem Ive had is with the GPS randomly not turning back off after a lock. This will drain your battery quickly and cause the phone to get warm. If it happens while youre charging your phone it will get very warm very fast. Disabling GPS and then enabling it seems to fix it.

Also, pressing power + home doesnt take screenshots.

Thanks Calk for the leak!

I believe screenshot on ICS has been switched to the Nexus "hold volume down and power buttons"