[Q] help with galaxy s4 not registered to network

Search This thread

nem95

Apr 5, 2014
gf reported her phone lost because it was cracked, samsung sent her a new one so now i want her old one. I put in my sim card but it says "Not register to network" im thinking maybe t-mobile blocked the phone somehow since it was reported lost but I figured there was a work around. Friend told me unlocking the phone and setting it to international radios may help but i have no idea how to do this since im new to the android community. Switching from iphone to android! So yeah, please help!

White T-mobile Galaxy S4 on jellybean, updating it to kitkat though.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Yup, T-Mobile blocked it.. There's no legal way around it, maybe your gf calling T-Mobile to unblock it, but they'll probably charge her full price for the one they sent her.. You could try using a different carrier, but it could end up being blocked again.. You could also sell it to someone in another country, blacklist won't go past the US

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nem95

Apr 5, 2014
Yup, T-Mobile blocked it.. There's no legal way around it, maybe your gf calling T-Mobile to unblock it, but they'll probably charge her full price for the one they sent her.. You could try using a different carrier, but it could end up being blocked again.. You could also sell it to someone in another country, blacklist won't go past the US

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

so even switching it to international wouldnt work?

nem95

Apr 5, 2014
To international what? But either way no.. Your service is denied everytime the phone tries to register to T-Mobile because the imei is what's being blocked

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

international radios, gonna unlock the sim. My gfs mom is probably going out of the country so if i unlocked it, she could use it outside the US right?and if she can i take it as she'd have to use a carrier other than t-mobile to do this though?

Last edited:

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
You can't use international radios.. And I don't know, but I would think so, using a local carrier should be fine

braschlosan

Sep 11, 2009
OnePlus 8T
gf reported her phone lost because it was cracked, samsung sent her a new one so now i want her old one. I put in my sim card but it says "Not register to network" im thinking maybe t-mobile blocked the phone somehow since it was reported lost but I figured there was a work around. Friend told me unlocking the phone and setting it to international radios may help but i have no idea how to do this since im new to the android community. Switching from iphone to android! So yeah, please help!

There are services that will fix this for you. I payed 35$ for my blocked tmobile s4 to be repaired.

Kriptik210

May 21, 2013
Crystal River
I did this with an HTC EVO 3D. It was locked for 2 years so I flashed the phone to a different carrier and it worked. You might have problems with different features but it is posibble to still use the phone. Find a cellular store that will flash it. They normally charge around 50 dollars, give or take.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

I did this with an HTC EVO 3D. It was locked for 2 years so I flashed the phone to a different carrier and it worked. You might have problems with different features but it is posibble to still use the phone. Find a cellular store that will flash it. They normally charge around 50 dollars, give or take.

Do NOT mail the phone to be flashed! 4 out 5 of those d-bags will keep your phone

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston

This is not a CDMA phone, you can't flash it like that.. And like I said, you can unlock it and it may work with another carrier but it can end up being blocked again, I've seen it happen

elcocho852

Dec 4, 2013
This happens to me sometimes and what I do is go under mobile networks and
Go to network operators and I let it load and then it registers on the correct network.
Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

lalec

Apr 30, 2008
Houston, Texas

Sounds to me like you are asking us to help you and your girlfriend commit fraud. No thanks.

Reactions: serio22

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sounds to me like you are asking us to help you and your girlfriend commit fraud. No thanks.