external battery pack! Awesome!

Search This thread

jsyi84

Aug 26, 2010
Encinitas
Many companies make these types of chargers. There are even the type you can put the AA batteries into that companies like Duracell and Rayovac make as well that are only like 15 bucks at walmart.

I had a friend use one of these chargers on their ipod touch and it seemed to work great.

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-XP4...le-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1320849199&sr=1-1-catcorr

I picked up two of these a while ago, they work fantastically great.

I carry them in a portable hard drive case, it holds both.

You can just plug in anything with a usb cord and charge it - charges this phone, my nook color, my verizon dumb phone, my girls' phone and both of our digital cameras.

Does not charge my friends archos 7o tablet for some reason. Tablet won't read power input from the battery pack.

alex0409

Aug 2, 2011
Many companies make these types of chargers. There are even the type you can put the AA batteries into that companies like Duracell and Rayovac make as well that are only like 15 bucks at walmart.

I had a friend use one of these chargers on their ipod touch and it seemed to work great.

you mistake bro! it's not used for put the AA batteries into it, it's a rechargeable battery itself. i already have one for a month, see my attachments. works so good, 5600mAh capacity, it definitly put 3 full charge cycle on my phone after itself full charged, let me easily get through 4-5 days with out power. so amazing, insn't it?

sefar

Dec 27, 2011
External battery pack for all uses-

I have been using the ZaggSparq for a while, and it is great. Charges multiple devices when plugged into power, and the battery pack has indicator lights for those (like me) who fret that power will die before I finish my tasks.

devis

Aug 2, 2005
San Francisco
you mistake bro! it's not used for put the AA batteries into it, it's a rechargeable battery itself. i already have one for a month, see my attachments. works so good, 5600mAh capacity, it definitly put 3 full charge cycle on my phone after itself full charged, let me easily get through 4-5 days with out power. so amazing, insn't it?

I gotta ask... where are you going that you're 4-5 days without power yet close enough to a cell tower to use the phone?

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
I just got my anker external battery pack today. I love it. I just ordered it yesterday, and it was at my doorstep this morning! I didn't pay extra for faster shipping either. I am finally going to be able to use my phone while out without battery anxiety.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005K7192G/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

Congrats, you'll like having an external battery you can juice up with on the go.

I know the Energizer ones I linked to earlier have been serving me well since long before I got this device - talk about having a digital camera juiced for a whole weekend camping trip with no power to be found otherwise.

In the case of the doubleshot, something like this is a veritable lifesaver.

Given the reputation Anker has rightfully earned, i'd love to hear how well that works out for you. My energizer battery packs have one big flaw - they need a proprietary AC adapter to charge them (come from a time before standardizing those things was as important as it is today)

I'd love to swap over to something I can centralize my charging with - does the output of your wall adapter match the output of the wall adapter for the doubleshot? ( 5v 1A )

If so that's one AC block for both ...

yellowjacket1981

Mar 12, 2011
Tucson, Az
Congrats, you'll like having an external battery you can juice up with on the go.

I know the Energizer ones I linked to earlier have been serving me well since long before I got this device - talk about having a digital camera juiced for a whole weekend camping trip with no power to be found otherwise.

Given the reputation Anker has rightfully earned, i'd love to hear how well that works out for you. My energizer battery packs have one big flaw - they need a proprietary AC adapter to charge them (come from a time before standardizing those things was as important as it is today)

I'd love to swap over to something I can centralize my charging with - does the output of your wall adapter match the output of the wall adapter for the doubleshot? ( 5v 1A )

Yup, it is 5.3v 1A

Reactions: Blue6IX

nosuchfile

Jan 5, 2012
I'm thinking about getting this 7000mah external pack ($49 amazon)

41w92JTM8EL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-IMP70D-External-Blackberry/dp/B002D4IHYM/ref=pd_sim_e_79

CoNsPiRiSiZe

Jul 14, 2010
Roseville
Just purchased 10000 mAh battery pack! Best investment I can make since I can use it once I buy the GSIII ;)
The anker one

I'll report back soon it supposed to get here the 16th..

Just my spare change.

yellowjacket1981

Mar 12, 2011
Tucson, Az
I have had my Anker battery pack for a while now, and I love it. I can usually charge my phone twice with it. I am no longer worried about running out of battery.

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
Just a heads up for anyone who wants a cheap usb battery pack they have a 5000 mAh New Trent one on daily steals for $29.99 dropped from it's retail price of $99.99. It's only available for the next 17 and a half hours form this post. Here's the link for people who want it: http://mobile.dailysteals.com/

Thanks for pointing this out -

Here is the product at amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-iDu...0Q42/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1332954846&sr=8-5

Here is a quote from a review on amazon:
I do want to point out one advantage to this product that may not be apparent. When compared to some of their other external batteries, you do not need to use a wall charger (power brick) to charge the battery itslf. This is a HUGE advantage if you want to travel light with as little extra junk as possible. The IMP50D is packaged with a small coiled USB to mini-USB cable that is used to charge the unit. This means you can charge this battery from any usb port (if traveling with your laptop). You can also charge it from the little charging cube that came with your iPhone, like this one Apple USB Power Adapter for iPod/iPhone . This means that the only thing you need to carry is the battery and this little cord. This is a very well thought out design.

I am on a kick to minimize the amount of extra BS I need to carry with me.

My current energizer battery packs are 4000mAh but require a proprietary A/C charging cable - so their portability is somewhat compromised by being able to re-charge them on the road.

I've had them for a long while, longer then i've had this phone, and at the time simply having usb battery available was the concern and the price was right to not quibble over details.

Now, though, buying something new has new requirements, which this item is near to meeting. One of which is standardizing of cables.

I have a retractable mini-usb cable, so i'm ahead of the game on the recharge cable for this battery pack - but it's not quite the micro-usb that the doubleshot uses and that would eliminate having another cable entirely.

( The redeeming factor that makes this an okay consideration, or at least an acceptable exemption for this ONE situation with cables - PS3 controller is mini-usb so when I get that working it'll be the same cable anyway... )

...at the price on the daily steals website, not getting this I think would be a mistake on my part. Being able to recharge it out in the wild (because I don't bring the energizer AC with me unless it's an actual trip, so aren't part of my daily arsenal) is a step forward.

It says compatible with all apple AC power blocks, so that'll work with the slim HTC AC/USB power block we have, it's the smallest one i've found and should work with my car adapter so I can keep it topped off.

Browsing through tha Amazon reviews leads to the notion that the power button is raised a bit and turns itself on if bumped, but I don't carry things like this out in the world without it's own case anyways so that just means it needs a hardshell one. Figure that out once I physically have it.

I don't like that it doesn't stop discharging on device full, but you can't win them all and in my experience I rarely actually fill the device while it's on the battery pack, it more turns into a cord running into my pocket until I get back up to 80% or so.

I used the doubleshot all night at a wedding I was the best man in, pictures and video, and what I did was to feed the power cord through my belt loops and into my back pocket, where I had the energizer battery pack. That kept it close to my body so people didn't get caught up with it, and I was able to work my way through the crowd of dancing people taking pictures and video using the battery pack in my pocket, having run the stock battery into the ground long before.

Reviews also lead to the notion that you can't charge a device with the battery pack while charging the pack itself, so that's a point of contention to be handled on the next upgrade after this one.

After having passed on the Mugen extended battery this week, too, this seems like a workable compromise on the road to consolidation.

9 hours left before it's a much less attractive options...

Thanks for letting us know about the deal!

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
It came in today, I was only at my house for a few minutes but it's literally just a bit smaller then the doubleshot with a trident case on.

I plugged it in to charge it up, and when I eventually get home later I'll take a handful of pictures so you can see.

I haven't actually used it yet, but if it's anything like I expect it to be I think I'm going to be sad I only bought one.

Sent from a digital distance.

DAMEN G

Mar 13, 2012
I just got my anker external battery pack today. I love it. I just ordered it yesterday, and it was at my doorstep this morning! I didn't pay extra for faster shipping either. I am finally going to be able to use my phone while out without battery anxiety.

Looks great! i also found a RAVPower RP-PB03 on amazon seems the same appearance and specifications as the ANKER one except the price, $4 lower than anker, only 29.99+ free shipping.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Trent portable usb battery pack

Just a heads up for anyone who wants a cheap usb battery pack they have a 5000 mAh New Trent one on daily steals for $29.99 dropped from it's retail price of $99.99. It's only available for the next 17 and a half hours form this post. Here's the link for people who want it: http://mobile.dailysteals.com/

Yup, it is 5.3v 1A